Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: LEDLEY JOINS CELTIC!!!

Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:36 pm

Ross Young wrote:Funny that the best ever player Scottish football has produced (in terms of goals), Kris Boyd has just had a move to Boro.

Can't f*cking believe it.

Boro - will do well next season! mark my words! ;)

Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:38 pm

What a CUNTSTAIN he is.... no ambition at all....anyone who moves to that division are either to shit for the Prem or not good enough for the Championship!

Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:47 pm

I know Ledley wont read this as with his level of intelligence I doubt he even knows how to turn on a computer.

But if it’s true then enjoy your easy life you money grabbing tosser. When you move back to Cardiff when your career is finished nobody will give a toss about any medals you win in that poxy league.

Ledley had 3 options:

1. Stay, try and win promotion and become a club legend in the process
2. Go to a premier league club, live closer to home, give us some much needed cash in order to help us stand a fighting chance of being up there next season. Also into the bargain try and make yourself the best player you could possibly be by playing against some of the best players in the world, week in, week out.
3. Piss off for an easy life in Scotland and take the money

Just shows your backbone that you took option 3 – prick!!!

Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:49 pm

I want to test myself in the Premier the best league in the world :lol: :lol: :lol: So our brain-box Joe joins Celtic in a two team league :lol: :lol: :lol: playing in European football only to get knocked out at the first hurdle. He might as well play for LLanelli or TNS :lol: :lol: . Don't get me wrong, but Rangers and Celtic our forces hating club are massive clubs in the worst league in the world and the most boring in which no one gives a toss. The two Glasgow teams belong in our pyramid and be given a chance to get in the Prem. Now that would be good.
Well done Joe you are a star. We will now get to the Prem quicker than you you!! You had your chance and blew it. Glenn Loovens was a Prem player in the making but look what happened to him ? He wont admit it but i bet deep down he must feel he ballsed it.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:50 pm

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: @@@@ @@@@!

Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:58 pm

IS THIS STORY ECHO SPIN ?

HAS HE REALLY FLOWN TO SCOTLAND?

APPARENTLY, AND I DONT KNOW HOW TRUE THIS IS, OR WHY IM TYPING LIKE ANNIS ( :lol: ), BUT IT HAS BEEN RUMOURED HE'S MEETING LIVERPOOL FC!

SO DONT GET THE KNIVES OUT YET!! :D

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:06 pm

A last minute change of mind is always a possibility where Ledley and his agent are concerned judging by the way they have conducted themselves over the last couple of months.

Ledley is clearly motivated by the money and seems not too concerned with bettering his career.

If Stoke were to improve their offer to him I guess the plane might be taking a slight detour.

On another note what is the difference in personal terms with the interested parties.

Would it not be better for Stoke to approach the City offering say 1.5m as opposed to the 3m that is being quoted and use the difference to improve Ledley’s personal terms.

This way we would get some sort of return from his departure instead of nothing.

Also this scenario would see him viewed in a better light by City fans, especially if this money could be used to fend off the taxman.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:13 pm

Any affection or affinity Ledley may have felt for the club probably disappeared on transfer deadline day when City refused to let him talk to Stoke about what could have been a £6 million transfer.

Since then he has turned down any offer of a new deal and it has been obvious that he would only stay if we got promoted and if he had stayed even then it would only been because we would have been able to offer him a bigger pay packet rather than any "love" for the club.

Going to Celtic is a final two fingered salute to the club by a player who is not quite as good as he and his agent seem to think he is.

See you at Middlesboruogh the season after next Joe.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:14 pm

cityone wrote:Just on icwales, oh well no money for him then!!!!

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -26806134/

The money situation or Training Compensation to give it it's correct name will depend on which MediaWales journo you read today. Bloomy Bollocks is saying this afternoon that Celtic do not have to pay compensation because of FIFA rules on the International Transfer of players. Bloomy needs to read Annex 4 of FIFA Statutes on the Status and Transfer of players.

Terry Phillips said in his article this morning that we will get negligible compensation, now if Terry had read Annex 4 he will know that Celtic must pay Cardiff 60,000 euros for each year of training between the seasons of Joes 12th and 21st Birthday.

600,000 euros minimum and if Celtic don't pay within 30 days Cardiff must appeal to FIFA (Disputes Resolution Chamber) together with a 25,000 fee, which will be refunded when they win.

Now 600,000 euros is bad news against the £3m Stoke were offering but can we really afford not to make sure we get this money from Celtic. If GJ doesn't understand the process I do and will be happy to advise the club on how to do it for say a 10% cut of any monies received. :D :D

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:22 pm

castleblue wrote:

The money situation or Training Compensation to give it it's correct name will depend on which MediaWales journo you read today. Bloomy Bollocks is saying this afternoon that Celtic do not have to pay compensation because of FIFA rules on the International Transfer of players. Bloomy needs to read Annex 4 of FIFA Statutes on the Status and Transfer of players.

Terry Phillips said in his article this morning that we will get negligible compensation, now if Terry had read Annex 4 he will know that Celtic must pay Cardiff 60,000 euros for each year of training between the seasons of Joes 12th and 21st Birthday.

600,000 euros minimum and if Celtic don't pay within 30 days Cardiff must appeal to FIFA (Disputes Resolution Chamber) together with a 25,000 fee, which will be refunded when they win.

Now 600,000 euros is bad news against the £3m Stoke were offering but can we really afford not to make sure we get this money from Celtic. If GJ doesn't understand the process I do and will be happy to advise the club on how to do it for say a 10% cut of any monies received. :D :D

Are you Ridsdale in disguise!!! Are yoooouuuuuuuuuuu Ridsdaaaaaaaaaaaaale in disguise!!!! :lol:

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:32 pm

Merlin wrote:
castleblue wrote:

Are you Ridsdale in disguise!!! Are yoooouuuuuuuuuuu Ridsdaaaaaaaaaaaaale in disguise!!!! :lol:

Now be serious the riddler would have wanted 75% with 70% upfront and still he would have got ir wrong :lol: :lol:

Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:07 pm

bluebirdsteve wrote:Joe:
What an idiot, going to play in a inferior league to the Championship.
4 difficult games a year against Rangers, no guarantees that they will get into the group stages of the champions league.
He said all along that he wanted to play in the premiership and he would only leave the city for a premiership team !
Money Talks, he must be serioulsly lacking in ambition.

Or is making a change that fits with his natural level as a player?

Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:07 pm

look forward to welcoming you back the nexttime you play against the city. :lol:
he should really have known better.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:18 pm

As a Celtic fan i'm absolutely delighted if he has signed for us.

Very surprised that he made the move though, as I expected him to move to the EPL firstly from a personal development point of view, and secondly to do the right thing by Cardiff.

If he has signed though, it is an excellent piece of business by Lennon and Celtic.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:52 pm

mate to be honest we dont care about ledley, he's crap, i rate loovens more than him , all we are unhappy about is the cash we need for the club!!

you'll be back on next year telling us you'll pay for his taxi back :lol:

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:37 pm

I have just logged on tonight and this news has really shocked me. Not because it will limit the amount, we as a club, get from the deal but quite simply because I thought Joe had more ambition.

Arguably they could have offered him more salary. But realistically if I was offered £30k per week to play in the SPL or £25k per week to play for Stoke - for the minimal difference of £5k - I would choose to realise my ambition and play in the Premiership. (These figures are hyperthetical)

Yes Loovens is at the club and I guess Alexander is not far away. But this, in my opinion, is a really bad career move - and, if things dont pan out, Joe could find himself playing in the Championship next year when his hometown club are playing in the premiership.

Shocked and Disappointed. I thought Joe had more ambition.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:23 pm

He's a good lad is joe......I'm sure he'll smash a few in against them dirty orange hun bastards :D :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:26 pm

Ross Young wrote:Funny that the best ever player Scottish football has produced (in terms of goals), Kris Boyd has just had a move to Boro.

Can't f*cking believe it.

Were you on drugs when you posted that??? :?

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:30 pm

maybe Stoke cant afford the compo money upfront and have pulled out of the move , maybe another English prem team cant afford the money either ? Looks like for Joe its either Celtic or back to us , providing Celitc can cough up the money too ..... unless theres a player there that we want ( Loovens ) as part ex ??? Bit Ledley did say he wants to play in the English prem but now looks like that only 1 or 2 clubs want him and they cant afford the compo money let alone a transfer fee if he had signed , so what choice does he now have ?? :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:37 pm

The Scottish news said he had knocked back a 4 year deal with Stoke.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:42 pm

PtB wrote:The Scottish news said he had knocked back a 4 year deal with Stoke.

I got a feeling its a case of Stoke cant afford to pay CCFC the money upfront and have backed off coz I cant see Ledley not wanting to play English Prem football somehow which leaves him 2 options , Celtic or back to us . And I doubt that we can or indeed were ever able to afford the so called £25k per week on offer , Celtic clearly can plus thay have to pay minimal compo money !

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:43 pm

Better wage from Celtic, I guess his agent took it :roll:

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:48 pm

joncandy wrote:Better wage from Celtic, I guess his agent took it :roll:

yeah and Jenkins then Riddler fucked up the Stoke negotiations too I bet ?

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:58 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:
joncandy wrote:Better wage from Celtic, I guess his agent took it :roll:

yeah and Jenkins then Riddler fucked up the Stoke negotiations too I bet ?

Not sure what you're getting at there, my impression was Celtic offered the highest wages, Ledley's agent tried to get Stoke to match them, they didn't so he went to Celtic. :shock:

Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:36 pm

Don't Know if this has been posted before, as I haven't got time to read all of the 700 Joe Ledley threads! :)
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

http://www.cardiffcity-mad.co.uk/news/t ... ndex.shtml

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8798787.stm

Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:43 pm

shop window advertising , " Hi Im Joe come and get me plz English Prem clubs or otherwise I join Celtic " ! :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:40 pm

sad to see Joe leave, my fav. player gone now....
but I dont blame him joining Celtic, he's got to do what's best for him, our club wasted a few chances to sign him under the old regime under P.R. and Joe cannot choose whats best for City but it has to be the best for him... same thing happens every year with roles reversed, clubs release players...

I wish him only the best, great guy, great family and as I am a bit of a Celtic fan too, Joe joins my 2nd fav. club...
only the best Joe
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:13 am

So what if he did support Liverpool as a kid, he has given his for Cardiff City since he was 9 years old. He has mate the right move (he thinks) for him and his soon to be family.

Good Luck Joe and thanks :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:59 am

We are discussing a guy that has had both hips "sorted" at what 23, 24?

Most of us will not be in that situation until we're in our sixties or seventies. Grab the loot while you can young Joe and best of luck to you. No offence to Ptb, but Scottish football is dire from a TV point of view, two teams who buy fucked pro footballers and pay them ridiculous amounts of money to effectively retire.

Much like lllannggrrarrrrah in Wales when some rich tw*t bought them then called them TNS, got his free advertising but did anyone give a shit?

:roll: :roll:

All a load of bollocks

Football as we knew it is dead. :(

Welcome to the world of the CCMB fuckwits and all who sail in her, errrmm I mean him obviously........

Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:55 am

Should be interesting his first game for wales after the move !