Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Everybody's take on Joe/Celtic may be different..

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:26 pm

Personally, here is man who, in my opinion, has grown up a lot over the last twelve months. I wonder if, when Stoke came in for him last year, he was not comfortable to move away from his hometown, hoping that we could produce Premiership football for him within 12 months.

Now, it seems Joe is thinking for himself, getting as he see's it (and only he knows) the best deal for himself. He has been part of a rollercoaster ride at CCFC, and all he has known is financial uncertainty. Celtic will be a far cry from the halls of the CCS.

My point (question) is have we as fans got the right to say that he has let us down? I mean, Joe knows a move North of the border means we, his hometown club, who are also so brassic we aint got two pennies to rub together get nothing, nowt, zippo. He also must have been aware that any money raised from his sale would have meant a winding up order, and transfer embargo being lifted thus allowing us at least breathing space.

Dont get me wrong, my heart is not ruling my head, that is why I am saying I think Joe has now grown up to realise he has to look after No:1, but the nature of his departure could have damaging repurcussions and rightly or wrongly he just might be cast as the villain, when he could have provided the most welcome of gifts.

Re: Everybody's take on Joe/Celtic may be different..

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:27 pm

The person the buck lies with is Ridsdale.

6m offer - worth nowhere near that amount.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:30 pm

only what I have heard, Celtic offered £20,000 aprox a a week.
Stoke offered £15,000 approx a week.
MONEY TALKS.

MY OPINION GOOD LUCK TO YOU Joe :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Its your life, you do want you want :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:31 pm

nerd wrote:The person the buck lies with is Ridsdale.

6m offer - worth nowhere near that amount.

And the constant lies of him offering him all these lucrative contracts ? Uchhh-bulshit-uchcc hummm!

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:only what I have heard, Celtic offered £20,000 aprox a a week.
MONEY TALKS.

Its only my disappointment that makes me question his motives, however, I did point out he makes his own decisions that are best for him, which he has every right to do.

Mind you, If he's gone to Celtic, I would have hoped it was for footballing reasons and not for money.... :?

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:only what I have heard, Celtic offered £20,000 aprox a a week.
MONEY TALKS.

Annis are you hiding some news from us regarding this transfer ;) ;) ....I just thought you would have been at bit pissed at the £3 million it would have got the club had he signed for Stoke. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:56 pm

Marc wrote:
MONEY TALKS.

Annis are you hiding some news from us regarding this transfer ;) ;) ....I just thought you would have been at bit pissed at the £3 million it would have got the club had he signed for Stoke. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Marc, See my reaction

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17263 :evil:

Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:50 pm

Not ledleys fault, out clubs shit ability in the business world. Turning down 6 million for a championship player. :twisted:

Also why not pay Ledley £20000 a week as long as he signs an agreement after 1 year to state that he will sign for an english premiership side afetr the 1 year contract, then we would have had at least 3 million in compensation, which would have paid his extra wages and made us a profit after his year was up. :D

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:04 pm

best of luck joe. if he has a chance of making a few quid who can blame him, but celtic for fucks sake the spl is a lower standard