Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ANOTHER RIDSDALE LEGACY

Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:54 pm

Ledley should never been able to run his contract down, Weighing out heavy contracts to the likes of Hudson, when he should have been sorting out Joe with a good " top up" .

Re: ANOTHER RIDSDALE LEGACY

Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:29 pm

Daya a shambles from Ridsdale - we could have offered Joe 15k a week and a 250k signing fee a year ago which I guess might have cost us as a club signicantly less than a million quid and guaranteed us a fee of around 4/5 million if Ledley had rediscovered his form of 2 years ago - instead he spent the money on the useless tw*t of a club captain we now cannot pay for. :evil:

Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:31 pm

Daya wrote:Ledley should never been able to run his contract down, Weighing out heavy contracts to the likes of Hudson, when he should have been sorting out Joe with a good " top up" .

Thing is Ridsdale was only concerned about next week -no thought for the future whatsoever.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:33 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Daya wrote:Ledley should never been able to run his contract down, Weighing out heavy contracts to the likes of Hudson, when he should have been sorting out Joe with a good " top up" .

Thing is Ridsdale was only concerned about next week -no thought for the future whatsoever.

Ridsdale was only concerned about Ridsdale.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:02 pm

davids wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Ridsdale was only concerned about Ridsdale.

In most transfer deals ;)

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:16 pm

Daya, Totally agree, This to me is another Major failing of The Riddler Regime days.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:19 pm

Absolutley spot on.

JBBJ

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:43 pm

I thought Ledley was offered another contract at the start of last season or sometime around there?

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:49 pm

Hudson was signed after Joe's contract issue was already in full flow. However the ridiculous contracts given to Fowler, Hasselbaink and Sinclair and nothing offered to Joe was nothing short of scandalous.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:25 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:I thought Ledley was offered another contract at the start of last season or sometime around there?

Riddler said so at the Brunswick !!

Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:09 am

I agree , why should Joe sign a contract for a deal that might not be right for him just to bail us out - if he'd been offered a decent top up by the club with a get out clause last summer then it wouldn't have mattered where he went.

Joe Ledley did not get us in this amount of debt and I think "somebody "may have been complacent last summer thinking they would sell him last summer and it never happened!

Let's be honest here , the problem isn't where Joe is going but it is the amount of debt we have !!

Good luck Joe

Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:33 am

Baffles me how risdale gave hudson 14k a week when he got relegated from championship and was on 8k a week,he would of snapped our hands off for 8k i bet.I also know when sam signed spencer prior,prior asked for so much a week and sam said no thats small minded we will give you this,we want to make a statement,they gave prior an extra few grand a week,that is true,my mate played and is good mates with prior,i could not believe it when i heard,must be a chairman thing! :(

Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:39 am

gup-1 wrote:Baffles me how risdale gave hudson 14k a week when he got relegated from championship and was on 8k a week,he would of snapped our hands off for 8k i bet.I also know when sam signed spencer prior,prior asked for so much a week and sam said no thats small minded we will give you this,we want to make a statement,they gave prior an extra few grand a week,that is true,my mate played and is good mates with prior,i could not believe it when i heard,must be a chairman thing! :(

backhanders and dodgy deals and fees no doubt ? Sorry Im synical these days when it comes to football chairman ( not u TG ) and money !