Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CITY DUE FOR CASH WINDFALL

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:26 pm

This season coming, because of increased TV money and the fact that Newcastle and West Brom gained promotion straight back to the Premier league at first opportunity so their parachute payment is shared out amongst the other Championship teams, this will amount to approximately £5million.

We will receive the tv monies in 2 payments, one in October and the other in March of next year.

In previous times our former Chairman Peter Ridsdale borrowed this money prior to receiving it and used it for running costs when he had overspent.

At least it gives the club something positive to look forward too and it's not all doom and gloom on here.

Re: CITY DUE FOR CASH WINDFALL

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:27 pm

Good News at last, Cheers Carl!!!

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:30 pm

carlccfc wrote:This season coming, because of increased TV money and the fact that Newcastle and West Brom gained promotion straight back to the Premier league at first opportunity so their parachute payment is shared out amongst the other Championship teams, this will amount to approximately £5million.

We will receive the tv monies in 2 payments, one in October and the other in March of next year.

In previous times our former Chairman Peter Ridsdale borrowed this money prior to receiving it and used it for running costs when he had overspent.

At least it gives the club something positive to look forward too and it's not all doom and gloom on here.

If money is owed to other clubs (i.e. Charlton & Sunderland), don't the league withhold the tv money and give the owed amounts directly the owed clubs?

Sorry for using the word owed so many times in one sentence :mrgreen:

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:30 pm

Yes Brilliant News Carl, WE DEF NEED IT :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:31 pm

Will we survive until October?

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:36 pm

carlccfc wrote:This season coming, because of increased TV money and the fact that Newcastle and West Brom gained promotion straight back to the Premier league at first opportunity so their parachute payment is shared out amongst the other Championship teams, this will amount to approximately £5million.

So a bit of money toward October and November's wages.

Just August and September to sort.

Season tickets to go on sale before Christmas again to cover the rest ?

Carl, do you know if we have received all the money from the play-off final yet ?

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:37 pm

NJ73 wrote:

If money is owed to other clubs (i.e. Charlton & Sunderland), don't the league withhold the tv money and give the owed amounts directly the owed clubs?

Sorry for using the word owed so many times in one sentence :mrgreen:

If the money gets used that way or the club use other money to pay the dues, it doesnt avoid we have to pay it. I believe that you are correct that the league could possibly hold on to the money and distribute it to the owed club.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:38 pm

dorsetblue wrote:Will we survive until October?

Of course :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:38 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

Carl, do you know if we have received all the money from the play-off final yet ?

Tim I have been trying to get an answer on this and still not got a conclusive one.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:40 pm

carlccfc wrote:
dorsetblue wrote:Will we survive until October?

Of course :ayatollah:

Do you know anything about the Tax bill Carl? You seem very confident. :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:40 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Tim I have been trying to get an answer on this and still not got a conclusive one.

Try twisting the bollox as well as squeezing them. :lol:

Cheers anyway Carl.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:55 pm

Carl I think uncle fester has raised a great question. If we could try and get the bill out of the way it would be like signing a new player for me. I'm gutted tonight - daughter has gone to bed in floods of tears - I left myself logged in to this board while I had a pooh and she has read all the doom and gloom

Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:00 pm

Carl,

I beleive that the total amount is around 5 million but not all attribued to Newcastle and West Brom being promoted (about 1 million) - there is also a large chunk in the 5 million that the Premier league donated due to the higher than expected International TV rights.

On a less promising note - this money seems to be the only major money coming in during the 2010-11 season.

Mike

Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:13 pm

We get a share of other clubs parachuteb payments? :o

Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:04 pm

Carl

You are going to have to stop announcing things based on my posts about this. People will start to think I am a club employee or something :lol:

Seriously though , The Newcastle and WBA thing is a "bonus" which I think will tend to happen more often than not in the future as clubs yo-yo between the Premiership and the Championship and so have to give up their parachute payments (especially as they will now be spread over 4 years not 2).

The £3m base fund was also in place last season , having gone up from £1.2m the season before.

Keith

Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:12 am

Last season I remember something about the Premier League giving each Championship team £750,000 around Christmas time which had something to do with improved TV revenue.

Firstly I'm I right or did I imagine it :lol: Secondly if I am right do we get that cash again this season?

Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:40 am

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: