Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

All you Ledley haters.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:36 pm

Put yourself in Joe's position.

If you worked for a company and they got lots of new workers in, not as valuable to the company as you and paid them 2/3 maybe 4 times what you earnt. You then proved your worth through the whole of the next year and yet still there was no offer to increase your wages even though many of your co-workers were given increases in pay. You then had an opportunity to move to a better, more well paid job and your employers despite not paying you a wage that was proportional to the supposed value they had of you wouldn't allow you to move. At this time you had one year left on your employment contract and only then did a new employment contract get mentioned. This still didn't pay you in proportion to what another employee valued you at and what your current employer turned down so you didn't sign the new employment contract. Your current employer then proceeded to use their contacts in the press to have a pop at you questioning your loyalty to the company and this affected your performance level and then more people proceeded to have a pop at you.

You then were hurt on the job but proceeded to continue to give your all to the company. Finally asking to get some treatment for your injuries. Your bosses again questioned your loyalty to the company. You are still underpaid in relation to the supposed value placed on you by your employers.

Finally your contract finishes and your are left with a choice of two options.

a) Move to a company where you can potentially play in the best competition in the World and potentially gain notoriety which could get you a move to a big company in the best League in the World. Earn more for the privilege and get a get a signing on fee which should make up for the wages that you were denied by previous employers. Also this company has a massive audience to play in front of and a great history

or

b) Move to a smaller company who although in the best league in the World are not guaranteed this status long term. Earn less and play in front of a smaller audience. As they have to pay more for your services you will not earn as much in signing on fees. This option will give your previous employers more money. The same employers that showed very little loyalty to you or to many of your mates who weren't good enough to perform to your high standards. The same company who paid huge wages to under performing old players cos the boss liked to surround himself with these people as he had delusion of grandeur.

In all seriousness what would you pick? a or b?

Re: All you Ledley haters.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:55 pm

I heard 4 different people from city dealt with stoke, jenkins balls it up, borley failed,ridsdale, then dave jones.
Stoke got fed up.

Also i heard city withdrew their offer to him and joe will speak out soon, i know his brother well.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:47 pm

Joe has to do what is right now, his options our now limited to Celtic alone. I feel for him as he has been left unwanted at CCFC after what I believe they withdrew his offer. The Stoke farcical seems to be true, due to the inept of the club.

He has served us well and deserves a better send of than all this bullshit, I wish him well and thank him for all he has done for City.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:27 am

RichardBluebird wrote:Joe has to do what is right now, his options our now limited to Celtic alone. I feel for him as he has been left unwanted at CCFC after what I believe they withdrew his offer. The Stoke farcical seems to be true, due to the inept of the club.

He has served us well and deserves a better send of than all this bullshit, I wish him well and thank him for all he has done for City.

Typical CCFC again BUT how much of this ALSO down to Ledley's agent ?

Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:31 am

No haters posted yet.

Fed up of clueless people having a pop at him.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:47 am

Not a hater, maccy, just don't think he's as good as some rate him.

He's good, definietly, but I honestly don't think he's good enough for the Prem. Lacks the pace to be a true winger, doesn't dominate games in the centre of midfield at this level - so it's a struggle to see why teams above the level of a Stoke would be too interested, even on the "cheap".

Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:02 am

Do you think we were relying on the 3m or so compensation Stoke were mentioning to pay the Tax Man :?:

Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:19 am

I dont hate him hes just overated if money was the case what happend to roma they play infont of 50.000 a week will get further than celtic in europe and is a much higher standard than the SPL wrong move in my eyes its not a step up just a side step. How many of our players have gone up there and set the league alight no one realy. The grass is not greener on the otherside :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:24 am

Good luck to him. We all knew he was going to leave and, if he can double his money elsewhere, then good luck to him. all thiese people saying "But it's only 4 good games a serason" and "how can this benefit his career?". It's up to him, it's his choice, leave the guy alone. Plus, he'll be a pretty much guaranteed starter in the Celtic side I would have thought, so that would probably mean regular first team football, and European football. He could have been warming the bench at Stoke, and if he wants to play regularly as tyou surely would as a decent professional, than that counts for a lot

Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:28 am

Loovens doesn't have regular first team football. No guarantees.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:05 am

Im a fan of Ledley, he's never going to be a world beater but he does a job well at this level. Also, he's young and will probably improve in the years to come. He always 100% for City & its good to see local lads playing for a team that they support.

As for Celtic the SPL is shit & is no better than the championship. The likes of Inverness CT & St Mirren are no better than Newport County.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:15 am

Come the end of the season £900,000 and 46 storming league appearances from Danny Drinkwater will make Ledley's move to Celtic look like a shrewed one for CCFC. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:30 am

I mean the people who have a go at Ledley for going to Celtic like he owes Cardiff something not those who just don't think he is that good. Personally I disagree with them but hey opinions are opinions.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:41 am

if he wants to go to celtic, his choice..........
he was treated badly by riddler and the club over his contract a few months back.
but my opinion having met joe a few times, im not his biggest fan, and i dont think hes as good as he thinks he is. :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:45 am

I would like to hear Joe's side of the story, regarding contract negotiations with PR over the last twelve months.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:49 am

milly44 wrote:if he wants to go to celtic, his choice..........
he was treated badly by riddler and the club over his contract a few months back.
but my opinion having met joe a few times, im not his biggest fan, and i dont think hes as good as he thinks he is. :ayatollah:

He may not be as good as he thinks he is, but Celtic certainly think he's better than you do and as he's going to get a reported £25,000 pw, that's all that matters! :)
:ayatollah:

Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:01 am

maccydee wrote:I mean the people who have a go at Ledley for going to Celtic like he owes Cardiff something not those who just don't think he is that good. Personally I disagree with them but hey opinions are opinions.

Mac, if truth was told Joe has been shit on from a great height from CCFC. This is the club he has served from a child, he would have gone to Stoke but due to the inept of our board that deal was scuppered. CCFC I believe withdrew the offer to Joe and Roma was out of the question simply as it is to far from home. Joe didnt want to be far from home for family reasons and with no club(employer) his only option was to go to Celtic, yes its a backward/sideways step whichever way you look at it but what could he do as needs must. Right up to last night his heart wasn't in the move but he has to find a new employer.

I really feel for the lad and like to take the opportunity to thank him for his service at Cardiff City and wish him well in the future.

I know that certain CCFC so-called board members read this board so here goes, YOUR A SHOWER OF SHIT AND YOU SHOULD HANG YOUR HEADS IN SHAME, I AM ASHAMED OF YOU ALL AND HAVE NO RESPECT WHATSOEVER FOR ANY OF YOU.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:23 am

Disappointed that Joe is signing for Celtic but only because we could have done with the compensation money, however the Club and Riddler in particular fucked Joe about with regards to a new contract. He does not now owe us anything and has to get the best deal for him and his family where ever that maybe.

As i posted previously Joe is a decent hard working player who we probably haven't seen the best of but we really can't complain as he has given us a large part of his playing career and if you want to lay blame for him moving to Celtic then blame it on Ridsdale and more recently the Club for allegedly ballsing up the negotiations with Stoke.

So as i said i wish Joe had signed for a Premier Club so that we could have had some much needed money but i wish Joe well and hope he his successful :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:29 am

bargoedbluebirds wrote:I dont hate him hes just overated if money was the case what happend to roma they play infont of 50.000 a week will get further than celtic in europe and is a much higher standard than the SPL wrong move in my eyes its not a step up just a side step. How many of our players have gone up there and set the league alight no one realy. The grass is not greener on the otherside :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

its a far bigger step moving to a foreign country like italy then going to scotland

Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:49 am

Surely its the way football contracts work. OK so he may have lagged behind others in the pay stakes, but if as soon as signing his contract he had broken both legs and never played again, or he totally lost form he would still have expected to be paid. You sign a contract that you are happy with and you take ya chances.