Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

RIP NEIL RICHARDS

Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:49 am

From Aberdare but worked in Merthyr, often used to pop in my Pub after work for a pint. He sadly took his own life on sunday. Season ticket holder down the City, we used to have some right good chats about the City. He leaves 3 kids.
Sad news RIP MATE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: RIP NEIL RICHARDS

Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:02 am

Any pictures or nick names, I must know him, so sad, it must be torment to feel that bad you end up doing that, but the guilt you lay on so many others is awful.

I hope his family are holding up, how do kids get over something like that. RIP Neil

Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:02 am

Any pictures or nick names, I must know him, so sad, it must be torment to feel that bad you end up doing that, but the guilt you lay on so many others is awful.

I hope his family are holding up, how do kids get over something like that. RIP Neil

Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:06 am

BigGwynram wrote:Any pictures or nick names, I must know him, so sad, it must be torment to feel that bad you end up doing that, but the guilt you lay on so many others is awful.

Im to dull to do links lol. But Gwyn have a look on my facebook he's a friend of mine on there.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:18 am

Chegs is that him , friends with Annis and Jon ? I dont recognize him but its so sad .

Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:21 pm

BlueCheg wrote:From Aberdare but worked in Merthyr, often used to pop in my Pub after work for a pint. He sadly took his own life on sunday. Season ticket holder down the City, we used to have some right good chats about the City. He leaves 3 kids.
Sad news RIP MATE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

So sad, my utmost sympathy goes to his family. I suppose its not the right time or place to discuss the selfishness of his act but we surely cant understand his state of mind.......... R.I.P. Neil Richards

Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:26 pm

Cheg, I was the one who told you about Neil passing away. Neil was actually from Merthyr mate. Gwynn if you look on my profile on facebook you will see him. Neil was a top fella and will be missed by all. His funeral is on wednesday and his daughter is tring to get him a cardiff flag for his funeral. If anyone could donate one I am sure she would be really grateful. I will be at his funeral and I hope to be able to give him something Cardiff city related to take with him. :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:57 am

Neils funeral is today at 12.30. A top fella and a massive city fan who loved a laugh with the boys and had so much to live for. Whatever reasons he had to take his own life, we should move on and remember him for who he really was, a top bloke who would do anything for anyone and never hurt anyone in his life.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:39 am

Never good to hear stories like that, RIP, and I would like to pass my thoughts to his family and loved ones.