Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Kris Boyd Turned down 50k at Kayserispor

Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:52 am

IF this is true what would you of done in his position? Me personally would if possible would sacrifice a year (maybe two) out there then return home (years work there near 2 & a half million). Greed? Yes but long term its surely beneficial on the financial front for himself and a young family. Im sure he`s on a very good wage at Boro but no where near 50k!

Re: Kris Boyd Turned down 50k at Kayserispor

Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:55 am

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Tr ... 19255.html

Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:44 am

I would have gone to Turkey. Nice weather and a new culture? Too right. His kids are young enough to adapt to a new culture. I think he is off his head to go to Boro.

Plus as you said, if they were offering him 50k a week, he should have taken it. That would have secured his future after he retires.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:48 am

I know what you are saying but how do you feel about Ledley doing the same thing

Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:59 am

I would have gone to Turkey. Nice weather and a new culture? Too right. His kids are young enough to adapt to a new culture. I think he is off his head to go to Boro.

Plus as you said, if they were offering him 50k a week, he should have taken it. That would have secured his future after he retires.

spot on mate. kids to can benifit from the experiences such as travelling/living in a different county. I imagine its a tricky position to be in though. Do you risk your comfortable surroundings at the moment or risk it in the hope they love it out there. On the other hand what if thet suffer bad from home sickness and they want to return home. Beckham seems to of done ok with Spain & America mind (although with Italy the family stayed in America I think?)

Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:01 am

I know what you are saying but how do you feel about Ledley doing the same thing

We dont no the reason why Celtic as yet though. Im going to wait and see what comes out over the next couple of days the reason why Celtic. At the moment I wish him the best of luck where ever he decides to play.