Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Russell Slade Finally Leaving Cardiff City Because '

Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:54 pm

' Russell Slade Finally Leaving Cardiff City '

Because in my opinion, this makes him a free agent to take over at Charlton or even Blackburn Rovers where he has also been interviewed .

It means no problems between say Charlton or Cardiff City and Slade will leave our club on a good note :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The word is that he has done a deal with Charlton Athletic which is where his house (not far from) is and where most of his friends and contacts in football are,plus League One suits him and you never know,Slade could lead them to promotion next season.

If Slade had stayed at Cardiff City he would off had No say in any of the football decisions,for me that would of belittled him.

To be fair to Russell Slade he did the job he was asked to by Vincent Tan and had even won me over at one point.
He did a fair job for us fans and had taken the club as far as he could,so its best for us and him :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

GOOD LUCK RUSSELL SLADE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Russell Slade Finally Leaving Cardiff City Because '

Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:11 pm

I think the experience he has had here will put him in good stead for getting a club promoted from League 1 hopefully. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:25 pm

Owen Coyle has just had the Blackburn job Annis. It'll be Charlton in my opinion.
Last edited by Fairwaterccfc on Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:26 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:I think the experience he has had here will put him in good stead for getting a club promoted from League 1 hopefully. :ayatollah:

I totally agree Ryan, plus to be fair Slade even survived the pressure of Tan and us Cardiff fans :lol:

Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:28 pm

Fairwaterccfc wrote:Owen Coyle has just had the Blackburn job Annis. It'll be Charlton in my opinion.

Oops yea I forgot I put it out this morning :lol:

Yes Charlton.

Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:I think the experience he has had here will put him in good stead for getting a club promoted from League 1 hopefully. :ayatollah:

I totally agree Ryan, plus to be fair Slade even survived the pressure of Tan and us Cardiff fans :lol:

He's got to hit the ground running though with their fans expecting to bounce back up. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Fairwaterccfc wrote:Owen Coyle has just had the Blackburn job Annis. It'll be Charlton in my opinion.

Yes Charlton.

I know, I read it here. :lol: :thumbright:

Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:36 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

He's got to hit the ground running though with their fans expecting to bounce back up. :ayatollah:

Yes he will but like I say Slade can take pressure :lol:

Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:37 pm

Fairwaterccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Yes Charlton.

I know, I read it here. :lol: :thumbright:

:lol: :thumbright: :thumbright:

Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Yes he will but like I say Slade can take pressure :lol:

:thumbup:

Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:55 pm

Russel Slade steadied the ship after the disastrous OGS period. It was a complete shambles when he took over. We will never know, of course, but we could well have gone straight through the Championship, to league 1, like Wolves did. Russel did his best, and did what the club asked him to do. A decent and honest man. I wish him well. Now it's time to get behind the new management team.

Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:24 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:Russel Slade steadied the ship after the disastrous OGS period. It was a complete shambles when he took over. We will never know, of course, but we could well have gone straight through the Championship, to league 1, like Wolves did. Russel did his best, and did what the club asked him to do. A decent and honest man. I wish him well. Now it's time to get behind the new management team.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

And Tan can say he didn't sack him

Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:25 pm

he's clearly got a job lined up, doesnt take a genius to know that. but its a very strange move and makes the board look stupid, especially as you now have ken choo coming out and saying "that it is necessary to have a change". a bit of honesty wouldn't go amiss, instead of the usual corporate claptrap.

Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:33 pm

Where ever he goes I wish him the best. He took over during a terrible time at our club and steadied the ship.

The flack he took from the press and our fans was unfair and to his credit remained professional throughout.

Hopefully he will be back at the CCS with another club and we will applaud and show respect for what he did for us.

Good luck

Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:35 pm

Charlton would be his level. He gave us more team spirit and made vital changes, but ultimately he was never going to take us up. Maybe Lennie Lawrence will get Director of Football.

Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:37 pm

Now saying on Sky Sports News he's in talks with Charlton.

Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:38 pm

cardiffblue74 wrote:Where ever he goes I wish him the best. He took over during a terrible time at our club and steadied the ship.

The flack he took from the press and our fans was unfair and to his credit remained professional throughout.

Hopefully he will be back at the CCS with another club and we will applaud and show respect for what he did for us.

Good luck

Did a good job in hugely difficult circumstances. Steadied the ship and kept us with a sniff of playoffs till last game last year which isn't easy with an embargo and unrest behind scenes.

I have a lot of respect for slade as a decent manager and person and although time was right I would say to have a new voice at the club believe he is an underrated manager.

Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:00 pm

All I have to say is good luck Russell I hope you get a fair chance and would love to see him get them up in the play-offs or higher :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:33 pm

This no surprise to me I knew this would happen slade go upstairs and then leave if a job come up .to be fair when he they told him he was no longer manager he should have gone then .this will be better for Trollope know not having him in the back ground

Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:45 pm

At least now he won't be scouting any players for us and some tidy players might walk through the door :bluescarf:

Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:57 pm

Had to laugh at that :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:05 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

Had to laugh at that :lol: :lol: :lol:

With him now been managing at a higher level it could help him finally succeed in getting a team from league 1.

Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:18 pm

Good riddance, let's hope he takes his signings with him.

Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:08 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Good riddance, let's hope he takes his signings with him.

dear me, some people are beyond reason. you keep thinking that :thumbright:

Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:00 pm

Good luck, not a bad job done, considering all he had to put up with.

Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:09 am

I hope he becomes Swansea or Bristols new manager. Nice bloke but a terrible manager with a really negative view of how football should me played. I don't think he was big enough to admit any responsibility for some terrible results plus freezing out some good players and reluctance to play our youngsters. His signing were mostly awful. A truly useless manager even with a hugely talented squad. I won't miss him. My mate Chris is a lovely bloke but I wouldn't wan him to manage Cardiff. If he did and he fucked up I would still tell him he was Corp but wish him all the best still.

I hope th new boss does well although I doubt it. He was pretty shit at Rovers if you look at his record. Tan only hires yes men and there ain't many yes men who are great managers.

Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:00 am

SwampCCFC wrote:he's clearly got a job lined up, doesnt take a genius to know that. but its a very strange move and makes the board look stupid, especially as you now have ken choo coming out and saying "that it is necessary to have a change". a bit of honesty wouldn't go amiss, instead of the usual corporate claptrap.

I don't think it's a strange move at all, in fact I think it was always on the cards.
He's decided to move from a nothing, made up job to manager of a relatively big club. Simple and the right decision.

Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:47 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
SwampCCFC wrote:he's clearly got a job lined up, doesnt take a genius to know that. but its a very strange move and makes the board look stupid, especially as you now have ken choo coming out and saying "that it is necessary to have a change". a bit of honesty wouldn't go amiss, instead of the usual corporate claptrap.

I don't think it's a strange move at all, in fact I think it was always on the cards.
He's decided to move from a nothing, made up job to manager of a relatively big club. Simple and the right decision.

Shouldn't have took the city role if he had no intention of doing it.

Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:14 am

The club gave him a dignified exit

Club made a mockery of the age old tradition of sacking the manager in the process. Such a cowardly way to go, won't be missed :wave:

Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:54 am

cardiffblue74 wrote:Where ever he goes I wish him the best. He took over during a terrible time at our club and steadied the ship.

Good luck

:thumbup:

Same here. The only compliant I have is that awful final 6 games where it all went wrong for some reason. Putting that aside he did a great job all things considered.

Charlton would be a natural fit for him so best of luck!