Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ANY PC EXPERTS PLEASE!!!

Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:42 pm

When i usually press the caps lock on my laptop a tab at the bottem right hand corner comes up letting me know if it,s on or off this is not happening any more although my capitals are still working, why has the tab stopped popping up??? If need be i,ve got a advent roma laptop, thank in advance for any advice!!!

Re: ANY PC EXPERTS PLEASE!!!

Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:44 pm

Bulbs gone :D

Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:47 pm

Its nothing to be worried about.

Is the tab on the computer screen or on the laptop itself?

If its on the laptop, its a bulb gone (not really worth replacing).

If its on the screen, its just the laptop being shit, again nothing to worry about.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:49 pm

Dafydd wrote:Its nothing to be worried about.

Is the tab on the computer screen or on the laptop itself?

If its on the laptop, its a bulb gone (not really worth replacing).

If its on the screen, its just the laptop being shit, again nothing to worry about.

It,s on the screen, so the laptop is shit but thanks for tha advice!!!

Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:51 pm

Nah i didn't mean it like that :lol:

Sometimes things like that just happen, for an unknown reason. It the performance of your computer (e.g. the speed) starts to fault, then there's something wrong with the laptop, but it's just one of those wierd things.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:53 pm

go into control panel, then select the icon for the keyboard. some where in there, there should be a small check square which you can tick to turn on keyboard notifications. perhaps an update reset or something like that has set it back to default settings, try it - and see if you can find anything as mentioned above.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:54 pm

Dafydd wrote:Nah i didn't mean it like that :lol:

Sometimes things like that just happen, for an unknown reason. It the performance of your computer (e.g. the speed) starts to fault, then there's something wrong with the laptop, but it's just one of those wierd things.

I know you were joking again thanks for the help!!!

Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:02 pm

Merlin wrote:go into control panel, then select the icon for the keyboard. some where in there, there should be a small check square which you can tick to turn on keyboard notifications. perhaps an update reset or something like that has set it back to default settings, try it - and see if you can find anything as mentioned above.

I,ve clicked on keyboard all that is there is repeat delay, repeat rate and cursor blink rate, tahat is under speed, under hardware there isstandard ps/2 keyboard, does that mean anything to you????

Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:05 pm

cityone wrote:
Merlin wrote:go into control panel, then select the icon for the keyboard. some where in there, there should be a small check square which you can tick to turn on keyboard notifications. perhaps an update reset or something like that has set it back to default settings, try it - and see if you can find anything as mentioned above.

I,ve clicked on keyboard all that is there is repeat delay, repeat rate and cursor blink rate, tahat is under speed, under hardware there isstandard ps/2 keyboard, does that mean anything to you????

i wouldn't bother f*cking around with that tbh. I'll try and find out!

Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:55 pm

MY PC PLAYING UP. :( :( :(
the tower switches on(b4 used to hear a bleep)keyboard lights flash then it all freezes and nothing happens
any help or advice would be great. thanks in advance :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:54 pm

saddam wrote:MY PC PLAYING UP. :( :( :(
the tower switches on(b4 used to hear a bleep)keyboard lights flash then it all freezes and nothing happens

Do you know when this started happening, and what you were doing prior to this happening. Were there any known viruses on your computer?

Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:58 pm

Anything you want to know about getting you capslock on, ASK ANNIS

Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:06 pm

Dafydd wrote:

Do you know when this started happening, and what you were doing prior to this happening. Were there any known viruses on your computer?

it was fine last time i was on it,kids occasionally use it but not accepting responsibillity for it not working :o
not sure who was on it last just switched it on yesterday to upload pics n it failed to respond
thank god for laptops :D

Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:07 pm

Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:Anything you want to know about getting you capslock on, ASK ANNIS

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:44 pm

when your PC boots up - press the (theres a number of keys depending on make of PC) could be F5, F12 F2, and F8 buttons.... or repeated press escape - either of these will enter you into the BIOS - and boot screen menu's - you need to check your pc is booting up in a particular order -

Boot from:

CD Rom - 1st
Floppy Drive - 2nd
Hardisk (usually C: drive) - 3rd.

also check that there isnt a disc in the cd tray - this could be knocking out your boot up depending on your boot up menu selections.

If all else fails - set it to boot up from CD rom 1st - and run the installation disc to REPAIR the drive - not FORMAT it - you might have a corrupt file somewhere.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:38 am

Trust me on this one, I've done it many times. Unplug all the cables from the tower incuding the power cable. Take the tower outside and remove the side cover. If you've got a can of compressed air give it a blast to remove all the dust build up. If you are too tight to buy the compressed air, use a very soft dry paint brush to carefully sweep the dust away. Being outside the breeze should help blow the dust away.
Replace side panel, plug your cables back in and way to go.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:51 pm

TheOutsider wrote:

Trust me on this one, I've done it many times. Unplug all the cables from the tower incuding the power cable. Take the tower outside and remove the side cover. If you've got a can of compressed air give it a blast to remove all the dust build up. If you are too tight to buy the compressed air, use a very soft dry paint brush to carefully sweep the dust away. Being outside the breeze should help blow the dust away.

CHEERS FELLA. pc gd as new :lol:
thought it was knackered and got hundreds of pics saved on it. time to put them all on disc 1 thinks

Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:35 pm

saddam wrote:
TheOutsider wrote:

CHEERS FELLA. pc gd as new :lol:
thought it was knackered and got hundreds of pics saved on it. time to put them all on disc 1 thinks

No problem. That's a bacon sandwich you owe me. :lol:

There's a lot of silicon dust in the air at the monent due to that volcano. Computers suck the dust in at a rate of knots and it plays hell with the electronics, what with silicone being a conductor. I would though back up anything you don't want to lose.

Out of interest though if you do lose your files due to your pc blowing up etc, or if you deleted by mistake. Give me a shout because I'll get them back for you.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:53 pm

For some unknown reason the caps lock tab has now started showing itself again but i thank you all for your responce and advise!!!!