Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" JOE LEDLEY FINALLY SIGNS "

Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:23 am

JOE LEDLEY SIGNS FOR CELTIC

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -26835003/

4 Year contract.
Good Luck Joe :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

CELTIC, They dont want to pay us any Compensation and it will now have to go to FIFA to Decide.
We were expecting up to £900,000 as we have trained/brought him through since the age of 9. I Dont think we will get half that, just my Opinion.

So We have No Money coming in :evil:
Joe Ledley Hurt

http://tinyurl.com/3yu8dkh

Also Regarding Compensation

http://tinyurl.com/3xsfeam

" LEDLEY NAMED IN Celtic Squad for USA Tour "

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -26827330/

Re: " JOE LEDLEY HURT "

Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:30 am

Eddie May wrote:Joe you do whats best for you, you only have a short career in football. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Couldn't agree more

Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:39 am

poor joe :lol: :lol:

Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:48 am

I think it is shit the way people have slated him (including peopl on this board)! - easy for them to say HE must do this for the club he must do that - be realistic you would do the same thing as he has - this is his life and he needs to make as much money in his short career as possible as well as play.

WHY blame Joe for going where there is a good offer that will improove his life in a few years to come for when his career is over.

People say "if only" he would sign for stoke - "if only" he had signed a contract etc - well "if only" DJ had played a different team at wembley - things would be different in a lot of ways regarding CCFC!

Good Luck to him where ever he ends up and I hope he actually gets to play and not just bench warm!

Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:53 am

Personally, I have no issue with Joe going to Celtic other than him saying he wanted to leave Cardiff to play a higher standard of football.

He owes CCFC nothing and if we were all in the same situation, you'd go where the money is. I work for Allied Bakeries (Kingsmill) but if Braces came in and offered me more money, f*cking right I'd take it. So I don't see why Joe can't be honest and say that Celtic offered him a shitload of cash and thats why he's gone north of the border.

It's hardly for a better standard of football - playing St Mirren, ICT, Kilmarnock week in week out.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:55 am

The way ledley has been treated is nothing short of shocking. Fans cheered him on for 15yrs, then when Ledley looks to move on they send all sorts of abuse to him. call yourself Fans............... f*cking joke. He's entitled to go to any club he feels fit to, football is a short career and who can blame him for accepting £25,000 per week! f**k man, Even cardiff don't want him any more as they were banking on the compo! Ledley's agent is a prick i think we all agree on that, but Im just gobsmacked to the way he has been treated by Cardiff City Football Club and it's so called fans.......................

Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:04 am

Merlin wrote:The way ledley has been treated is nothing short of shocking. Fans cheered him on for 15yrs, then when Ledley looks to move on they send all sorts of abuse to him. call yourself Fans............... f*cking joke. He's entitled to go to any club he feels fit to, football is a short career and who can blame him for accepting £25,000 per week! f**k man, Even cardiff don't want him any more as they were banking on the compo! Ledley's agent is a prick i think we all agree on that, but Im just gobsmacked to the way he has been treated by Cardiff City Football Club and it's so called fans.......................

Well Said Merlin :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:05 am

Mr Davies wrote:Personally, I have no issue with Joe going to Celtic other than him saying he wanted to leave Cardiff to play a higher standard of football.

He owes CCFC nothing and if we were all in the same situation, you'd go where the money is. I work for Allied Bakeries (Kingsmill) but if Braces came in and offered me more money, f*cking right I'd take it. So I don't see why Joe can't be honest and say that Celtic offered him a shitload of cash and thats why he's gone north of the border.

It's hardly for a better standard of football - playing St Mirren, ICT, Kilmarnock week in week out.

Where does he say that he left for Celtic for a better standard of football ?

Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:06 am

Not sure if Celtic is the right move except for the money. Very few players move up a level from Scotland nowadays - SPL is Championship level at best.

will be annoying if he moves on in the next year or so for big money - presumably we can't get any sell-on money either.

Remember - the best financial deal for joe is also the best financial deal for his agent!

Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:08 am

bluebird58 wrote:Not sure if Celtic is the right move except for the money. Very few players move up a level from Scotland nowadays - SPL is Championship level at best.

will be annoying if he moves on in the next year or so for big money - presumably we can't get any sell-on money either.

Remember - the best financial deal for joe is also the best financial deal for his agent!

True his agent will be well and truely thinking about himself. No its out of our hands what happens in Ledleys future.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:09 am

Why is everyone abusing the lad? Listen his contract has run out. He is a free agent, Cardiff City Football club failed to give the lad a new contract and it is nobodys fault other than the powers that be at Cardiff particularily the old regime that we will end up with nothing. Reports are suggesting he could get something between £5 and £7 million over the next four years with Celtic, nobody in their right mind would turn that down. If your reading this Joe best of wishes mate to you and your family and good luck with your career.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:10 am

If we weren't in so much financial shit none of these comments would have happened. There might have been a few comments about why Celtic and the Scottish league instead of the premier but none of this nasty stuff.

Its not Joes fault we are in this mess. We know whos fault that is.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:12 am

Bakedalasker wrote:If we weren't in so much financial shit none of these comments would have happened. There might have been a few comments about why Celtic and the Scottish league instead of the premier but none of this nasty stuff.

Exactly, everybody should aim their anger at the right person

Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:17 am

Quite unbelievable that Joe was not offered a decent contract when City were throwing money ay
the likes of Fowler, Sinclair and JFH?

That's where we lost our compo Mr Ridsdale :evil:

Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:17 am

I have always maintained, We owe him nothing, it is his Career/Future, We dont know the Real Reasons what happened with City and him, but I hear Joe will be speaking out once everything is settled.
Good Luck :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:19 am

Bakedalasker wrote:If we weren't in so much financial shit none of these comments would have happened. There might have been a few comments about why Celtic and the Scottish league instead of the premier but none of this nasty stuff.

Agree, people are angry due to our financial plight, im sure nothing would have been said if our finances were in order. That situation has nothing to do with Joe so i can understand why he is hurt by some of our fans comments.

Best of luck to him i say whatever choice he makes, personally i would love him to stay for another season but that seems unlikely but you never know, he is still undecided on what to do. :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:25 am

nobby wrote:

Agree, people are angry due to our financial plight, im sure nothing would have been said if our finances were in order. That situation has nothing to do with Joe so i can understand why he is hurt by some of our fans comments.

Best of luck to him i say whatever choice he makes, personally i would love him to stay for another season but that seems unlikely but you never know, he is still undecided on what to do. :ayatollah:

I also agree with Nobby and Ian, If we were signing loads of players and were not Under a Transfer Embargo, Most people would not be bothered about whats happening with Joe.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:27 am

bless his little cotton socks!!!

Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:31 am

milly44 wrote:bless his little cotton socks!!!

:?

Hey Milly, even my piss stunk of Apples yesterday!! :lol:

Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:34 am

His socks will be silk when he gets his Celtic wages :D

Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:38 am

Jez wrote:

His socks will be silk when he gets his Celtic wages :D

with gold plated shin pads :twisted:

Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:44 am

I'm just annoyed that he's chosen to move to Scotland in a move that is clearly money motivated over career motivated. I'd never dream of wishing him badly though. He's a Cardiff lad so he has my support. I just really think he's made the wrong career choice.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:18 am

Zabier wrote:I'm just annoyed that he's chosen to move to Scotland in a move that is clearly money motivated over career motivated. I'd never dream of wishing him badly though. He's a Cardiff lad so he has my support. I just really think he's made the wrong career choice.

yes my feeeling too.....anywhere but the SL lets be honest he's just gonna waste his time there, why couldnt he have gone to a prem league? that would have a much for filling career surely?

Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:25 am

The slating of Ledley went too far, but you have to think it hit home a bit for him to get someone to make a statement. May not all be the 'truth' but it seems to 'hurt'.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:26 am

Why are people reacting to this in a negative, anti-Joe fashion? It's not like he broke a contract. Most of us knew he'd go if we couldn't come up with one that matched other clubs. And when there are Premiership clubs and Celtic sniffing around, we can't compete either on a financial level or a playing level (has everyone forgotten Celtic can offer European football as well as the mediocre SPL?).

If he wants to go to Celtic, all City fans should be wishing him all the best, christ, you'd swear he walked out on his contract midway through and signed for swansea. Let's all get real with this

Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:37 am

Im not slating anyone here, but I think you'll find the vast majority of
City fans mugging Joe off are teenagers and early 20's kids. Still living
in a dream world where if THEY were given Joes choices they'd do
anything for the club they love!!

The real world is a bit different. Football Clubs throw young lads on the
scrap heap every season. Had Joe suffered lasting effects from his injuries,
Cardiff City would have binned him without a second thought.

Lets look at the facts, DJ tried to persuade Joe to stay on less money than
he could get elsewhere. But Joe also knew that there was a transfer embargo
on the City, so how could he honestly believe DJ selling promotion to him?
On top of that was the news that Bonuses etc are to be deferred?? For fucks
sake, he's been here long enough to know that all is not well here, and that
we are lurching from crisis to crisis.

Joe Ledley should have been a Premier League player last year but Cardiff City
stood in his way. He owes the club nothing.

Its all very well to put Cardiff City on a pedestal and declare your undying love
for it. But when that club becomes your employer things change bit time!!!

Best of luck Joe, go do your family, Cardiff and Wales proud son!!

Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:41 am

I expect the only ones giving Joe a hard time are spotty teenage if that keyboard warriors/nerds/snipers.

Good luck Joe.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:13 am

we are allowed to have a opinion you know or is that not ok because it doesn't agree with everyone elses

The only reason why i wish he'd make his mind up and f**k off is because im sick to death over the last year, all the contracts he's supposed to have turned down, the contratcs he was never offered, messing stoke around, messing everyone around, will we get money, wont we get money blah blah blah its done my head in, just wish to see the back teeth of him! not as if this football club revolves around joe f*cking ledley

i wouldn't have any problems really if he had just left in the normal manner ,but its the team disrupted, player transfers etc, we need to know if we need to get a new player to cover his lose etc, everyone knows f**k all , just come out and say somthing

can you see where im coming from

Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:26 am

Jayne nobody wanted him, apart from Stoke who only offered players no cash?

Good luck to Joe and his new family to be!

WG x

Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:30 am

Is it slating Ledley to point out that it would be better for CCFC (& himself football wise) to have joined Stoke? I don't think so and I still think he has made the wrong choice.

That said I acknowledge he is a free agent and therefore he can go anywhere he pleases.