Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " JOE LEDLEY HURT "

Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:43 am

I wish him all the best in what he does at the end of the day! He will be playing in Europe next season which Stoke couldnt offer him plus a massive pay packet so on paper anyone in his situation would have done the same thing! All the best Joe and thanks for the effort and hard work you gave us over the years :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:03 pm

europe?? we play deportivo in a friendly begining of the season lol

thats as good as it gets for celtic lol

Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:04 pm

Celtic are a massive club. Anyone who doesn't think this is a step up is mad.

Stoke or Celtic? It's not just money that makes that choice.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:22 pm

Joe, has given me a great deal of pleasure with his goals and some of his tackling and 100% effort. We are a selling club and I would have thought that we would have got use to it by now, Jerome Johnson Collins Gabidon, Earnshaw Ramsey, to name just a few that we have sold on ,to have a go at him is WRONG, Celtic are a massive massive club so come on ,the fans that are having a go would not get a kick to see one of our lad Joe playing at the top level (albeit in Scotland) he will always be a Cardiff hero to me and a majority of Cardiff fans, blaming Joe, for what he feels his best for him is no way an appreciation what for Joe has done for our club.

I know it may cost the club £3 million pound, if kept Ramsey for another year we could have had a lot more for him but we are at them moment a selling club

Joe do what you need to do, join us in the premiership in a couple of years time,to play for YOUR club

Best wishes to Joe Ledley in whatever he decides :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:38 pm

What you people dont understand is...i respect Joe's wishes and i love him as a player and my views have nothing to do with any money we could have got for him.....you are all right he does NOT owe cardiff anything but the scottish league....why? he would have been better off going to a premiership league as the SL will be where he ends his career as it doesnt get much fun in there at all....so i personally think hes wasting his talent & career on SL end of!!!!
Best wishes to him and his family definately........but please dont waste your career in a crappy mickey mouse league

Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:04 pm

Good luck to ya Joe, its ashame some people are giving you a hard time sure you could have gone around the same time Ramsey went and i wouldn't blame you at all. I think if the situation with club had been a lot more clear I think Joe would have stayed. Hope you handle the pressure well in the old firm games cos its a pure cauldron of hate just like our own derby but on a higher level! all the best joe.. :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:01 pm

I personally think he has made a big mistake going to Scotland, The league is piss poor standard and when Hartson made comments about playing infront of 60,0000 yeah then the next week in front of 8000 away, Players go to Scotland to end their careers not to further them and Joe will play in Europe yeah not for very long mind you as Celtic and Rangers are finished before Xmas but he may win the Scottish League WOW or even better Scoring the Winner in the Scottish Cup final against Ross County or some quality team.

Regardless of the compensation issue Joe would be tested week in week out in the Premier League that would improve his game for me it's another talent just like Loovens wasted.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:23 pm

After all the f**k up's by our club - the ONLY offer left on the table was to go to Celtic!! even Cardiff banked on the compo payment from stoke - so didn't really want him to stay to a certain degree. Stoke got so fed up with the way cardiff handled the situation and being passed between Jenkins, Borley and even Dave Jones to negotiate - they just got fed up and pulled out of dealing with CCFC, and kept talks between Joe and his agent. Remember he was unemployed and a FREE Agent to take up any deal he thought would benefit his best interests!

That's what he's done! So good luck Joe for the future. I hope all works out for you.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:42 pm

Merlin wrote:After all the f**k up's by our club - the ONLY offer left on the table was to go to Celtic!! even Cardiff banked on the compo payment from stoke - so didn't really want him to stay to a certain degree. Stoke got so fed up with the way cardiff handled the situation and being passed between Jenkins, Borley and even Dave Jones to negotiate - they just got fed up and pulled out of dealing with CCFC, and kept talks between Joe and his agent. Remember he was unemployed and a FREE Agent to take up any deal he thought would benefit his best interests!

That's what he's done! So good luck Joe for the future. I hope all works out for you.

I agree and what choice did Ledley have ?? 1 thing tho how come Celtic dont have to pay any money to us when we had to give over £100k to Motherwell for Ross Mc Cormack who left them in the identical way ???

Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:12 pm

He's doing what suits him, we would all do the same :o

Maybe there was bollocks in the rumours and he's quicky grasping his best option money wise.

Maybe we'll find out soon :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:20 am

my personal OPINION, i really dont think joe is any where near good enough to play in the pl. i think the spl will suit joe and thats as good as it gets for him.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:46 am

We have directors running the club that wont put a penny in. We had a chairman who
only knew how to take money out.

Why does a player who decides to get away from the lies and the bullshit get so much
stick??

A shit atmosphere in the workplace can affect your performance, Joe's has certainly
suffered over the last year or so.

He's got at best ten more years playing football, he needs to make as much money as
he possibly can. He has a family. Had he signed for City, he'd have been EXACTLY the
same as the rest of us right now... crossing his fingers hoping the Malaysians keep
putting the money in. But his concerns would be directly affecting his young family.

As a parent, hed have been irresponsible not to secure his families future

Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:20 am

The Welshgirl wrote:Jayne nobody wanted him, apart from Stoke who only offered players no cash?

Good luck to Joe and his new family to be!

WG x

Good point - none of the top 7 prem clubs wanted him or were prepared to make a serious offer. Surely the big teams have scouted him and decided that he isn't good enough for that level - you have to assume that they have scouting departments who know what they are doing.

This only left the teams in the lower half of the Premier league, any one of which could have a slightly worse season than last year and get relegated and Joe could find himself back in the Championship. Therefore, the financial incentive and attraction of Celtic was a clear choice.

Joe is great at our level and owes us nothing. however, when you look at the top half Premier clubs, would the addition of him to any of those teams be an upgrade? I don't think so. Joe is a good player, but I think we are getting carried away by how good he really is. I suspect Joe has had to have a dose of reality himself to realise that he was not considered good enough by the top Prem teams.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:59 pm

The Welshgirl wrote:Quite unbelievable that Joe was not offered a decent contract when City were throwing money ay
the likes of Fowler, Sinclair and JFH?

That's where we lost our compo Mr Ridsdale :evil:

You know what, i didnt think of that. valid point

Re: " JOE LEDLEY FINALLY SIGNS "

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:29 am

best of luck to him, def wud do the same if in his position, most of us would for that sort of money - sets him up for life. as for better standard of football..... nah dont buy that one..... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:05 am

You scored 2 goals at Wembley for us and we all know that had the previous chairman shown some respect then you would still be a Cardiff player!

We wasted thousands of Fowler,Sinclair and JFH (for a season when he had "retired") and got ourselves in to a right mess financially and some how you're at fault for signing for Celtic?

Good luck Joe!

Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:00 am

billy ronson wrote:You scored 2 goals at Wembley for us and we all know that had the previous chairman shown some respect then you would still be a Cardiff player!

We wasted thousands of Fowler,Sinclair and JFH (for a season when he had "retired") and got ourselves in to a right mess financially and some how you're at fault for signing for Celtic?

Good luck Joe!

well said...

adding that too many people take every word and rumor they hear or read in the press for granted

atb joe (hail, hail)

Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:08 am

Good luck Joe. You should have signed for Stoke but it's your career so all the best up there. You'll always be a Bluebird. :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:35 pm

Well he got a bit of money now but has wasted his career away, what an awful decision to join Celtic.
He will be back in the championship within 2 years after rotting in the reserves at Celtic for one of those years. His international career will never be the same, Jacks hate him, a lot of Cardiff fans now dislike him.

If its true he signed after midnight last night to just try and screw cardiff out of that little bit of training comp then I think thats very sad. Then again ive never believed this "im a cardiff fan" nonsense, he was/is a liverpool fan.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:43 pm

I will say this I 100% DONT BLAME Joe, I BLAME OUR OWN CLUBS INCOMPETENCE IN THE WAY THEY HAVE DEALT WITH JOE and WITH STOKE CITY.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:11 pm

Personally, I blame Joe as much as I blame anyone. We can all point the finger at a variety of people, yet Joe was still made a fantastic offer to stay. The fact it came down to a choice between Celtic and Stoke sums it up alot in my eyes, and that was the choice. Regardless of no deal being agreed between us and Stoke, Joe could still have signed for them anyway. A few folk seemed to have glossed over that point.

Now, as far as I'm concerned, hes just another ex player.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:13 pm

PtB wrote:Personally, I blame Joe as much as I blame anyone. We can all point the finger at a variety of people, yet Joe was still made a fantastic offer to stay. The fact it came down to a choice between Celtic and Stoke sums it up alot in my eyes, and that was the choice. Regardless of no deal being agreed between us and Stoke, Joe could still have signed for them anyway. A few folk seemed to have glossed over that point.

Now, as far as I'm concerned, hes just another ex player.

No, Joe couldn't have signed for Stoke if they withdrew the offer.

Clearly Stoke didn't want to go to a tribunal, didn't want to pay cash.