Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Shepton Town v Merthyr Town

Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:18 pm

Merthyrs first game of the league season will be away on August 7th, with City not playing until the next day, I hope to see you there.

Come on the Martyrs! :ayatollah:

Re: Shepton Town v Merthyr Town

Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:55 pm

where is it

Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:15 pm

tomo wrote:where is it

Somerset mate

Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:20 pm

FISH. wrote:Merthyrs first game of the league season will be away on August 7th, with City not playing until the next day, I hope to see you there.

when r they playing shrewton-i live 20 minutes from there

Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:24 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
FISH. wrote:Merthyrs first game of the league season will be away on August 7th, with City not playing until the next day, I hope to see you there.

Saturday 19th February

Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:04 pm

just booked on with rich bennet to go fiver to get in, told rich im not drinkin with him at home games there goin to drink in the swan taffs well f**k the swan

Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:18 pm

tomo wrote:just booked on with rich bennet to go fiver to get in, told rich im not drinkin with him at home games there goin to drink in the swan taffs well f**k the swan

Great, see you then mate :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:21 pm

look forward to it havnt been away with merthyr since stourbridge

Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:22 pm

Ha Ha behave Tomo....

Went to a few pubs round there today, not bad to be fair, clubhouse really small there..

Anyone know if the Ex Servicemans in Taffs Well is a members club or part of the CIU (club institute union), a guy on the street said you have to join to drink there.

I know this is a Merthyr related topic, but thanks for all you support guys, and if you fancy a game, get down there :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:11 pm

FISH. wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

Saturday 19th February

Might see you there depending on ccfc

Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:16 pm

Cardiff are away to forest that day mate

Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:24 pm

FISH. wrote:Cardiff are away to forest that day mate

I could well be there to cheer on the martyrs. An old drinking pal of mine is shrewtons assistant manager.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:01 am

CF48 MARTYR wrote:Ha Ha behave Tomo....

Went to a few pubs round there today, not bad to be fair, clubhouse really small there..

Anyone know if the Ex Servicemans in Taffs Well is a members club or part of the CIU (club institute union), a guy on the street said you have to join to drink there.

I know this is a Merthyr related topic, but thanks for all you support guys, and if you fancy a game, get down there :ayatollah:

it is a members club cf48 but you wont be stopped from drinking in there theses days, it was back in the day a hard place to get into not any more, the club house is small at taffs well fc but yoou have other options, the taffs well inn is close if you know the short cuts.
then there is fagins if you fancy (warm)real ale. yuck (sorry simon) but he does have a selection of local ciders :D

there goin to drink in the swan taffs well f**k the swan

so whats so wrong with the swan tommo ? thats my local, nice landlady and landlord (darren & joe), good selection of drinks.
or is it the punters that offend you ? :(

Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:51 am

fish city away to derby that day mate

Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:55 am

no answer for me tomo ?

Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:23 am

tomo wrote:fish city away to derby that day mate

What day mate?

Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:02 pm

not sayin anything wrong with pub but wont give my money to a pub with name the swan reminds me to much of jacks lol

Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:04 pm

thats wk after mate got wrong wk end soz mate

Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:08 pm

kipper where in TREFOREST are they playing their porth game, think it was porth that was in treforest.

ah right oh tomo, each to their own, but will tell you its a nice old fashion pub, big decking area looking out over the taff and across to the garth mountain, cant fault its views, as i said old pub with log fire and wood counter you dont see it much these days. propper boozer not a plastic pub

but your choice

Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:30 pm

have herd its nice cf48 was down there yest lookin to find a pub to use for home games said it was one of the cheapest and how nice it was :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:37 pm

just come from there, darren the landlord said there were a few new faces in there yesterday that he had'nt seen in the village
the club is the cheapest for obvious reason, but if they get wind of it being a regular occurance they will look for memberships

some shots of the pub taken lunchtime (12:15 ish)

Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:44 pm

Nice one mate, yeah thats the place, seemed alrite tidy welcome £2.50/£2.60 a pint no too bad I suppose.

Thanks for your Taffs Well info, Fagins had shed fulls or real ale's and ciders there, Carling was £3 a pint though, a bit hefty, I joined the CIU today at a club local to where the missus lives so I should be good the sign the lads in down the EX club, but the Swan will suit much more (barring the name for Tomo) especially if we can hold onto this weather for a month or 2.

We did nip up to the Taffs Well Rugby Club but there was a big old wedding on in there so we didnt feel right to gatecrash, but that place look impressive too.

Our games against Bridgend Town (Sat 17th July ko 2.30pm)0 & Porth (Monday 19th July ko 6.30pm) are being played on the University playing fields at Treforest.

I hope your wrong Midfeild General, only time will tell, aswell as the commitment from the fans..

Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:53 pm

your welcome CF48
they did have a guest beer on aswell which ran out yesterday afternoon not sure if it was on when you were there
that was £2 a pint and 5.2%
thanks for the info on the games could have ran shep (gary shepard) tomorrow in work seeing as we work for the same company but thought i would as kipper first.
treforest training ground is just by me too