Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PLAYER CONTRACTS

Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:27 pm

Have they been discussed or are they likely to be soon with the likes of bothroyd and mcphail with 1yr left???

Re: PLAYER CONTRACTS

Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:35 pm

G.R.A. wrote:Have they been discussed or are they likely to be soon with the likes of bothroyd and mcphail with 1yr left???

Apparently - Bothroyd tweeted hughesygirl earlier - after being asked a similar question, but he said he Hasnt been approached by anyone regarding contracts - and he wants to concentrate on his football.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:32 pm

Merlin wrote:
G.R.A. wrote:Have they been discussed or are they likely to be soon with the likes of bothroyd and mcphail with 1yr left???

Apparently - Bothroyd tweeted hughesygirl earlier - after being asked a similar question, but he said he Hasnt been approached by anyone regarding contracts - and he wants to concentrate on his football.

That's what they all say when they want to run their contract down :lol:

Serious though are we permitted to offer new (extended) contracts whilst under a transfer embargo?

Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:38 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Merlin wrote:

That's what they all say when they want to run their contract down :lol:

Serious though are we permitted to offer new (extended) contracts whilst under a transfer embargo?

I dont see why not? They're already our players aren't they, surely an embargo is only to stop bringing in new employee's, to control the cash flow.

but then, there's the argument of IMPROVING a players contract, thus increasing their salary and bonuses! is this allowed - I dont know.

tough one. But, I'd have a guess that NO we can't discuss further contracts under an embargo! that is my opinion - but not conclusive!

Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:41 am

A contract can be agreed and signed by a player but not registered with fa until the embargo is lifted!

Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:32 am

Gethin Jenkins did say they were going to do have talks with them over 8 days ago, but apparently many other things have come up since. I know that nothing has been sorted with their contracts yet.