Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HARD TO GET MOTIVATED

Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:08 am

I have lived my life around the start of the season and being excited about the first game etc for 44 years, even when we were at our lowest ebb, I and many others would still find something to get excited about, even if it was just meeting up with mates at Ninian Park that I hadn't seen since last season.

Possibly it was looking forward to a good piss up with mates on the train to somewhere obscure like Hartlepool, but this year It's not wetting my juices so to speak. For the last ten years or so I have been on most pre season tours, Portugal, Scotland Ireland etc. but this year even that has been a total wash out the way things have come about.

I'm not even sure when the season starts and who we are playing (think it's Sheffield Unite home but can't be arsed to check) perhaps I've turned into a boring old fart, perhaps as soon as the season starts I'll get my enthusiasm back, but if we start with a few losses it could be disastrous .

May just be a hang over from Wembley or the lack of too in and fro in of players that has brought about this sulk that I'm in. Either way I really hope it shifts because unless I can get some sort of enthusiasm back I really can't see me making full use of my season ticket.

Re: HARD TO GET MOTIVATED

Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:15 am

its terrible down there, first nininan park goes, then the new stadium is up, atmosphere killed, now all this crap, just doesn't feel like the cardiff city we once knew :(

Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:32 am

I for one is really looking forward to it

As bon jovi said
Keep the faith

Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:41 am

come on guys, this is cardiff city were talking about, we have been through worst than a transfere embargo, and a egg chaser running our club and no money to pay wages or the tax man.

shit no i've written it down im feeling down.

wheres the rope :(

Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:44 am

Gwyn i dont know wether it's an age thing mate but i feel the same as you fella.Wembley knocked the stuffing out of us,Money Problems,same ol City i just think we need some good news to get us excited again. :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:11 am

With all the drama we have had within the last 3 or 4 years, more so the last year, its understandable that being a CCFC fan will become tiresome.

But when you're having a pint in the stadium just before the Sheffield game, the bug will bite again :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:48 am

Tubzo wrote:I for one is really looking forward to it

As bon jovi said
Keep the faith

Living on a prayer, which we're doing :lol:

Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:32 pm

Even in the Bad old days on the pitch, the Club was organised about our pre Season friendlies and I use to get excited about them.The Club cancelled our player of the year do in May after promising it would def happen(First time since 1974). Also open day whats happening, one minute yes , now they dont know.

Certain people who work there are well out of their depth.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:43 pm

I for one will be there. with my lil pick and shovel..

Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:45 pm

The Douce wrote:I for one will be there. with my lil pick and shovel..

Of Course I will always Support them, but I also like to get excited about a New Season.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:49 pm

surely the thought of endless saturdays of f**k all to do is enough to get you pumped for the season, cant wait :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:55 pm

chinnick wrote:surely the thought of endless saturdays of f**k all to do is enough to get you pumped for the season, cant wait :ayatollah:

I have really enjoyed my pre-season tours over the years, Ireland twice, Scotland Twice, Portugal, Sweden, Denmark etc.

Also I would like Our club to be OPEN and HONEST TO US, SURELY WE DESERVE THIS, I know a lot, but All I or Gwyn or Carl do if We say THE TRUTH we get hammered for it.

SO I AM ASKING OUR CLUB TO BE HONEST and OPEN TO OUR FANS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:11 pm

I love the football season and I can't wait for it all to start again.

The history of this club has always been summed up with the word crisis so this season isn't any different to any other.

I have a feel this season is going to be very speical, I have a good feeling about the League Cup.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
chinnick wrote:surely the thought of endless saturdays of f**k all to do is enough to get you pumped for the season, cant wait :ayatollah:

I have really enjoyed my pre-season tours over the years, Ireland twice, Scotland Twice, Portugal, Sweden, Denmark etc.

Also I would like Our club to be OPEN and HONEST TO US, SURELY WE DESERVE THIS, I know a lot, but All I or Gwyn or Carl do if We say THE TRUTH we get hammered for it.

SO I AM ASKING OUR CLUB TO BE HONEST and OPEN TO OUR FANS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Ireland was real fun! remember Shaw in the lap dance doing a runner!

Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:28 pm

Daya wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Ireland was real fun! remember Shaw in the lap dance doing a runner!

:lol: :lol:

He run out as soon as he realised we recognised him, great time over there with you Dayo :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:08 pm

I was thinking I went to Ireland then on pre-season but its just ive been readings Annis book :lol:

To be honest im very excited for the new season.
Last season I struggled big time after the collapse at the end of the season before.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:10 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I was thinking I went to Ireland then on pre-season but its just ive been readings Annis book :lol:

To be honest im very excited for the new season.
Last season I struggled big time after the collapse at the end of the season before.

:lol: :lol:

Luke, I know it sounds like were Doom and Gloom, but there is Nothing Possitive or Good coming out of Our Club, I REALLY WISH THERE WAS :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:15 pm

People can only say how they feel Annis, and its understandable everyone is a bit down at the moment but I always get excited for a new season (except start of last season). Maybe its because im really not expecting much this season other than the debt to be reduced. Certain amount of hope now more than anything mind

Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:19 pm

2blue2handle wrote:People can only say how they feel Annis, and its understandable everyone is a bit down at the moment but I always get excited for a new season (except start of last season). Maybe its because im really not expecting much this season other than the debt to be reduced. Certain amount of hope now more than anything mind

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:20 pm

i cant say im really exicted about the new season either, and im just glad that im on hols next week with no msg boards to read (im not taking the laptop this time). Hopefully when i get back ill be more enthusiastic :lol:

Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:07 am

I think 2b2h has raised a very good point. Whilst the loss at Wembley was gutting I think the capitulation at the end of the previous season was much worse, espeically the Sheffield W game.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:15 am

Gwyn, I know exactly how you feel and it could well be age as you know I recently turned 50 and perhaps we are just turning into grumpy old gits :D

Seriously though i think most of us have a massive hangover from the Play Off Final and the feeling persists that we missed a massive opportunity and that perhaps 'our time' will never come :cry:

However trying to be positive, to date we have only lost one player in Ledley who although he will be missed is not absolutely irreplaceable as he was out for a lot of last season and if we can get the embargo lifted soon and get in a couple of half decent players. Then there is no reason why we can't be up there challenging again my starting line up for Sheffield United would be:-

Marshall, McNaughton, Gerrard, Blake (Or Hudson), McPhail, Drinkwater, Whittingham, Burke, McCormack, Chopra and Bothroyd and i would play 3 5 2 with McCormack playing in the hole behind Bothroyd and Chopra although both Burke and Whitts would have to work hard defensively.

That side could match anything in the division and in reserve we would have the likes Heaton, Matthews, Hudson, Rae, Wildig, Quinn all we need is some quality loan signings one of which must be a striker to give us stength in depth. So it is a case of keep the faith and get behind the team and I know come the Sheffield United game and a few pre match pints the old enthusiasim will have returned :ayatollah:

BTW I know DJ would never play the above team or formation :roll: