Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Mobile phone help.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:31 am

Due for an upgrade in the next month or so, what phone would you recommend and why?
Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers lads.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Mobile phone help.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:08 am

I work for o2 and I have a Sony Ericsson X10. I normally dislike sony ericssons but the software is made by Google so its the android OS which is extremely reliable. I have loads of apps on my phone that I have downloaded for free. I barely use my laptop now, I use my phone to browse the internet and post on forums. Fantastic camera too.

If you don't want to be sucked into the 'apple phenominan' or however you spell it, then go for an android phone. Some good ones other than the x10 are the HTC Desire and the Samsung Galaxy s. The Galaxy is the newest one out and despite disliking it at first, I have to admit its an awesome piece of kit!

What network you with?

Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:14 am

yer ive got a replacment phone sony ericcson, ive had them in the past and they've always been great phones!

blackberry phones are good too

although everyone seems to be going down the i phone route

Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:18 am

i work for vodafone mate i would suggest you get x10 or apple iphone 3gs :old:

Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:35 am

iPhone 3gs? I wouldn't bother. Its not as good as the new androids. The new androids are 10 times faster than the 3gs and have better specs.

iPhone 4 only just beats the HTC Desire for specs.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:43 am

I am with Orange.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:45 am

i only said 3gs because i have 1 myself and i live for it lol. n900 were good sellers

Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:50 am

I got Iphone 3 - but not iphone 4 ! rather wait til all the bugs are fixed!!!

Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:56 am

Blackberry 9700.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:00 pm

lewispenarth wrote:i only said 3gs because i have 1 myself and i live for it lol. n900 were good sellers

The N series nokias arnt great. Loadsa problems. Blackberry 9700 is a very good shout mind. Good handset. Samsungs are reliable, but nothing special.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:06 pm

i've got a nokia 3210, f*cking excellent! u can make calls and it tells the time, i never wear a watch these days :D :D :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:10 pm

evil c wrote:i've got a nokia 3210, f*cking excellent! u can make calls and it tells the time, i never wear a watch these days :D :D :ayatollah:

:lol: Quality :lol:

I can upgrade from next week also on Orange, Was looking at that new Sony Ericcsson Satio with the 12.1meg camera which would be great for me as I am snap happy, Never been one for internet on the phone really but that could change really depending how easy it is but just wondered if their was any other phones people would recommend but it would have to come with a good camera.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:47 pm

funny enough, i 've got a satio , excellent for photos and video, lose quality on zoom . :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:20 pm

was about to say go for the android, someone beat me too it :)
Im on the verge of the new BB Bold, manily as alot of my friends have them and bb messenger is handy

Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:40 pm

evil c wrote:funny enough, i 've got a satio , excellent for photos and video, lose quality on zoom . :ayatollah:

Is dai Hunt with tonights World Cup referee? :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:21 pm

Cheers lads. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:07 pm

evil c wrote:i've got a nokia 3210, f*cking excellent! u can make calls and it tells the time, i never wear a watch these days :D :D :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol:

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:22 am

hughesybloke wrote:

:lol: Quality :lol:

I can upgrade from next week also on Orange, Was looking at that new Sony Ericcsson Satio with the 12.1meg camera which would be great for me as I am snap happy, Never been one for internet on the phone really but that could change really depending how easy it is but just wondered if their was any other phones people would recommend but it would have to come with a good camera.

I woukd seriously reconsider the Satio. Some people have been lucky with them, but in the first week they were released, 29,000 were sold and 27,000 were returned. Absolutely awful phones. Full of faults and bugs. They were so bad, Carphone Warehouse (who love conning people) removed them from the shelves.

You really can't go wrong with a 8mp camera. Aslong as the phone has a quality screen too. If the phone has a good camera and a poor screen, there's no point in having a good camera.