Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

yesterday blame lies with the players

Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:03 pm

3rd goal 5 city players let there man beat them to the ball
goal number 4 header from long throw in 1 peterborough player beat 3 of ours.
i sometimes wonder if any of you have ever played the game.
piss poor defending cost us the game.
it doesnt matter what tic-tacs you use if players dont tackle you'll concede goals

Re: yesterday blame lies with the players

Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:14 pm

Same for our goals..Ledley unmarked in the box for the first 2, nobody tackling Jay for the third..Terrible defending..

Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:44 pm

Sorry I agree they should take a lot of the blame, but they were bought by DJ, he plays them , he allows them to act like idiots and the buck stops with the manager Dave Jones.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:46 pm

correct all the players are Jones players the buck stops with him

Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:00 pm

Players are to blame yes but they have been on how many gutless ocassions they dont care as they know the manager.. Jones is not strong enough.. If this was one off then so be it but how many times have we been 2 up 3 up and let teams get back under Jones..

Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:06 pm

I think it's a collective blame. The players did look bad for the goals (saw them on TV, couldn't make the game unfortunately) but the manager should have changed the formation to protect the defence

Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:13 pm

They are Jones's players.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:17 pm

the captain should have organised the defence.did we miss ricky.
the way all of our players went for the same ball for the 4th was not down to the manager,it was down to the players,
no one taking command.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:21 pm

stickywicket wrote:.did we miss ricky.

I hope you're not referring to Scimeca? He's barely played in the past 2 years so why would we all of a sudden miss him in one game?

Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:28 pm

Jason Perry was screeming out for Jones to make a change to counter P'boro - he made no such change. While the players should have been more professional and seen the game out, the system they were TOLD to play caused too many problems.

THEREFORE, 70% Jones fault, 30% players fault.

In my opinion anyway :D

Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:34 pm

city_85 wrote:Jason Perry was screeming out for Jones to make a change to counter P'boro - he made no such change. While the players should have been more professional and seen the game out, the system they were TOLD to play caused too many problems.

THEREFORE, 70% Jones fault, 30% players fault.

In my opinion anyway :D

preston home win#WBA AWAY WIN
WE NEED SOMEONE LIKE RICKY FAST