Adam Matthews to Villa ?

Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:42 pm

Possible replacement for Luke Young according to the Sun
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... thews.html

Re: Adam Matthews to Villa ?

Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:43 pm

Hurley wrote:Possible replacement for Luke Young according to the Sun
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... thews.html

Right now it looks like we need to sell 1 to make up for the money missed out on Joe and for impact on the side, matthews would probably be the least painful option.

(Blake, Quinn and Mcnaughton -all righ backs, although I'd prefer McN on the left)

Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:05 pm

i wouldnt mind selling him as we obviously need the money. always better to get a few million for a player who has never been integrated into the team than lose a key player for the same money. and as lawnmower said, we arent exactly short for full backs

Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:47 pm

chinnick wrote:i wouldnt mind selling him as we obviously need the money. always better to get a few million for a player who has never been integrated into the team than lose a key player for the same money. and as lawnmower said, we arent exactly short for full backs

Exactly what I'm thinking. Be nice to keep him , BUT we ain't reliant on him , so if the money is offered we should take it.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:58 pm

Gareth Bluebird wrote:
chinnick wrote:i wouldnt mind selling him as we obviously need the money. always better to get a few million for a player who has never been integrated into the team than lose a key player for the same money. and as lawnmower said, we arent exactly short for full backs

Exactly what I'm thinking. Be nice to keep him , BUT we ain't reliant on him , so if the money is offered we should take it.

Only £2m isnt much in our position, especially as with a young player like this it'll probably only be a small amount up front.

Anyone who was at the Villa game last year can see why they are interested. Matthews had a superb game, and maybe got the better of Milner that night.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:11 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Gareth Bluebird wrote:

Only £2m isnt much in our position, especially as with a young player like this it'll probably only be a small amount up front.

Anyone who was at the Villa game last year can see why they are interested. Matthews had a superb game, and maybe got the better of Milner that night.

well al i'm saying is that if we have to sell someone then i'd rather it be matthews cos we can cope without him, we're bound to lose him at some point anyway. it might be only 2 million but if we sell someone for more than that then that means we're selling one of our key players

Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:30 pm

well al i'm saying is that if we have to sell someone then i'd rather it be matthews cos we can cope without him, we're bound to lose him at some point anyway. it might be only 2 million but if we sell someone for more than that then that means we're selling one of our key players[/quote]

Yes, and I agree with you in principle, I just worry about what the detail of any deal would be.