Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gym

Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:21 pm

Do any of you take any supplements before gym. I'm considering buying NO XPLODE want to know if anyone would recommend it

Re: Gym

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:14 am

I never take supplements but if I was to take up Gym sessions I need a heart transplant and an oxygen mask.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:18 am

lewispenarth wrote:Do any of you take any supplements before gym. I'm considering buying NO XPLODE want to know if anyone would recommend it

Aye a full english :lol:

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:56 am

Go maximuscle mate. More exspensive, but much better!

Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:52 pm

All depends mate, i would recommend taking supplements though as they do work despite what some people say.

It all depends on what your looking to do, if you want to get bigger fast take stuff such as weight gainers. If you just want to build muscle and get into shape take protein and you can also take creatine. If you want to do all of this take an ALL IN ONE substance these can be more expensive but are pretty good.

Another thing it is cheaper to buy it in larger sizes(such as 5kg) or bulk packs as if you buy the smaller ones they work out more expensive per the serving and you will be back and for buying it.

Hope this helps mate. :naka:

Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:12 pm

Good old fashioned white meat & egg white. :ayatollah: Mixed with good training & rest i reckon gives better & longer laster results.Everyone to their own but i think there's an awful lot of marketing bullshit that comes from the manufacturers claiming instant results. Quality muscle growth is a slow process that takes time, products like creatine may fill the muscles ( water) & give you a bigger look but what happens when you stop taking the products? I think we live in a day & age where everything must be instant results.20 years ago i used to train with a mate who was training for Mr Rhondda, we trained 6 days a week on a split routine basis, he got to a certain size & no matter what weight was on the bars & how hard we trained he never grew a millimeter after reaching a certain size.Looking at the monsters you see walking around today he looked small but every ounce of muscle was through hard work which stayed for years after we finished heavy training.It's everyone to their own i suppose.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:26 am

Cheaper (and imho better, tried both) alternative to NO explode is MyProteins Creapump.

Wicked pump off it.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:33 am

im just looking to bulk up a little bit as im pretty skinny atm do i need to take any supplements or would it be bettter to jus keep goin 5 days a week and build the muscle up naturally and how long would this take before i see improvements

Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:38 am

a horse with no name wrote:im just looking to bulk up a little bit as im pretty skinny atm do i need to take any supplements or would it be bettter to jus keep goin 5 days a week and build the muscle up naturally and how long would this take before i see improvements

i have bulked up in the last few days, i use thatchers cider :D

Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:09 pm

Some people are lucky and have good genetics, I weigh 19 stone at present but haven't trained seriously for about 4 years.
When i do train hard I train to lose bulk and gain more definition, the lightest weight I could probably reach and still stay healthy would be about 14 stone, I weighed that 4 years ago and had a 30inch waist and a 42 inch chest and very little fat at all,
I believe supplements do help a little but a good diet and a good work out routine done with maximum effort are the building blocks for muscle gain and fat loss, plus like I say if your blessed with good genetics then your on a winner.