Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Celtic have proved ..........

Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:15 am

........... that when Football men run Football clubs then their understanding of the game especially regarding the Ledley saga and how to get the best deal for themselves came trumps in the end . Not Joe's fault BUT somebody at CCFC past or present has cost the Club anything from £900k to maybe £6 mil !!!!! :ayatollah:

Re: Celtic have proved ..........

Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:23 am

I blame Ridsdale [past] & Jenkins [present]. Thirdly, the whole CCFC board of directors, for just standing back, & twiddling their thumbs. Thanks alot guys!

Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:44 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:I blame Ridsdale [past] & Jenkins [present]. Thirdly, the whole CCFC board of directors, for just standing back, & twiddling their thumbs. Thanks alot guys!

How on earth can you blame Gethin Jenkins for Ledley gpoing to Celtic???

Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:45 pm

Elwood Blues wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:I blame Ridsdale [past] & Jenkins [present]. Thirdly, the whole CCFC board of directors, for just standing back, & twiddling their thumbs. Thanks alot guys!

maybe for NOT going to Stoke then , that deal fell thru for some reason !

Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:48 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:
Elwood Blues wrote:

Yes and why is that Gethin Jenkins fault????

Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:48 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:
Elwood Blues wrote:

Exactly, due to incompetance, lack of association football knowledge, rules & regulations, etc, etc.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:49 pm

gethin was the man left in charge of the dealings with stoke, and he proved he wasnt up to it, the deal got passed onto borley and the riddler of all people :twisted:

Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:51 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:

Exactly, due to incompetance, lack of association football knowledge, rules & regulations, etc, etc.

And you know this is the case do you?

Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:52 pm

GJ was the man, appointed to run our [association] football club, a bloke with no known experience of running a football club.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:53 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:GJ was the man, appointed to run our [association] football club, a bloke with no known experience of running a football club.

But how do you know he messed up the Stoke transfer????????

Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:54 pm

Elwood Blues wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:

the club and the riddler were incompetent when it came to renewing joe's contract months ago.

as for the incompetence shown when it came to dealing with his move away, gethin was shown to be well out of his depth.
it ended with dave jones taking over dealings.....wonder what he makes of it all :lol:

Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:57 pm

And another thing, WHY did Jason Turner leave the club???

Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:59 pm

milly44 wrote:
Elwood Blues wrote:

the club and the riddler were incompetent when it came to renewing joe's contract months ago.

as for the incompetence shown when it came to dealing with his move away, gethin was shown to be well out of his depth.
it ended with dave jones taking over dealings.....wonder what he makes of it all :lol:

The club may have incompetent with Joe's contract. It may of course also have been Joe and his agent digging their heels in

And I say again. How do you know Gethin Jenkins messed up the Ledley transfer to Stoke.?????????

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:00 pm

all said and done tho Celtic played a blinder here , so who is the Club secretary these days and what's his role ?

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:01 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:And another thing, WHY did Jason Turner leave the club???

Ahhhhh

Now that WAS Gethin Jenkins fault!!!!!!

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:08 pm

So....

No one actually knows that Gethin Jenkins messed up Ledley's transfer to Stoke then.

It's just another stick to beat him with.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:11 pm

All will be revealed, watch this space.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:13 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:All will be revealed, watch this space.

So you don't know then!!!!

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:15 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:........... that when Football men run Football clubs then their understanding of the game especially regarding the Ledley saga and how to get the best deal for themselves came trumps in the end . Not Joe's fault BUT somebody at CCFC past or present has cost the Club anything from £900k to maybe £6 mil !!!!! :ayatollah:

The timing of the filmed interview with a clear verbal confirmation from Joe that he had signed may yet work in our favour. The media have suggested, if you believe them (?) that the delay to his signing was that Celtic wanted to be sure that there was no contract signed before the World Cup's end as that may define the end of the 2009/10 season in Joe's previous contract. The film appears (clothing, location, comments) to come from last week.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:21 pm

whatever the outcome then its an income LOST so other avenues now have to be explored in order to pay wages , Charlton & Sunderland and NOT to mention Langston by December ! Happy days :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:25 pm

Uccello Azzurro wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:........... that when Football men run Football clubs then their understanding of the game especially regarding the Ledley saga and how to get the best deal for themselves came trumps in the end . Not Joe's fault BUT somebody at CCFC past or present has cost the Club anything from £900k to maybe £6 mil !!!!! :ayatollah:

The timing of the filmed interview with a clear verbal confirmation from Joe that he had signed may yet work in our favour. The media have suggested, if you believe them (?) that the delay to his signing was that Celtic wanted to be sure that there was no contract signed before the World Cup's end as that may define the end of the 2009/10 season in Joe's previous contract. The film appears (clothing, location, comments) to come from last week.

I've listened to the interview a few times and it does sound as though Joe says he signed on saturday.

It also looked as though it was filmed at Celtic's stadium. So as Joe is supposedly flying from heathrow with the team today it would have been difficult to film in Scotland before he left!!

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:40 pm

Elwood Blues wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:GJ was the man, appointed to run our [association] football club, a bloke with no known experience of running a football club.

But how do you know he messed up the Stoke transfer????????

basically this is nick (secretary) and gethins first footballing contract.
gethin and borley fell out,
gethin was the man to deal with stoke, they offered money and 2 players. (hmmmm embargo)
nick and gethin wanted borleys help, borley wasnt really intrested due to there fall out.
riddler was involved for 48hours, but certain people didnt like this , rightly or wrongly.
dave jones then got involved, with this stoke pulled out, and celtic jumped in.

end of the day cant blame stoke, they are trying to sign ONE player, and have had to try and negotiate with 5 people, no wonder they lost intrest. its embarrasing.

gethin wanted to deal with it, (it is his job to) :lol: , and his incompetence in my opinion, even though its there to see, lost us a deal and the forth coming money from the deal.

if i am wrong about this or the way gethin fell out and treated borley, then im sure steve davies will tell you diffrently, but from converstaions with people within the club, i dont think i am.

are they the hard facts you wanted, probably not, do you have facts to prove me otherwise :lol:

this isnt pure gethin bashing, he didnt let tomo's and alexanders contract run down with them leaving for free.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:41 pm

Elwood Blues wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:All will be revealed, watch this space.

So you don't know then!!!!

Ledley has left on GJ watch, GJ had an opportunity to sort it out, he didn't, for whatever the reasons, he failed.
How much has this failiure lost the club?

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:45 pm

lets hope then we arnt in the same position in 12 months time ?

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:54 pm

martyn fact there were no bidders for joe not one offer celtic were the only ones willing to take a gamble

Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:09 pm

DEANO wrote:martyn fact there were no bidders for joe not one offer celtic were the only ones willing to take a gamble

I know that plus I know we withdrew our contract offer , nobody else wanted him so he had no choice . I also know that due to family reasons Glasgow is the last place he wants to move to , but work is work !

Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:44 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:
DEANO wrote:martyn fact there were no bidders for joe not one offer celtic were the only ones willing to take a gamble

I know that plus I know we withdrew our contract offer , nobody else wanted him so he had no choice . I also know that due to family reasons Glasgow is the last place he wants to move to , but work is work !

money talks!

Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:05 pm

If Stoke only offered players there is no way GJ could have agreed to a deal as he knew we couldnt sign them, that isnt his fault.

Sometimes in business you have to know when to hand over to someone else if you have reached an impasse. No disgrace in that and doesn't mean he was incompetenet. Recognising that you are not going to secure the deal and passing it to someone else to have a go is a good quality.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:07 pm

CayoBluebird wrote:If Stoke only offered players there is no way GJ could have agreed to a deal as he knew we couldnt sign them, that isnt his fault.

Sometimes in business you have to know when to hand over to someone else if you have reached an impasse. No disgrace in that and doesn't mean he was incompetenet. Recognising that you are not going to secure the deal and passing it to someone else to have a go is a good quality.

allienating other board members from the deal, then realising you need there help isnt quite such a good quality :roll:

Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:54 pm

I can't see how any of this is Gethin Jenkins fault.

How can he force Ledley to sign a contract? He can put a contract offer in front of Ledley and his agent but it seems they had made up their minds months ago they were going to be moving hence not signing the contract put in front of him by CCFC.

Stoke could deal directly with Ledley just like Celtic did. They didn't even have to speak to anyone at CCFC to get permission to speak to Joe. Which is exactly how it happened according to Stoke manager Tony Pulis. They made Joe an offer directly to him.

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/sp ... ticle.html