Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"Courageous Restraint" - Our brave lads and wank government

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:30 pm

My lads mate was up home with him this weekend he's just come back off tour
in afghanistan where a suicide bomber tried to end him and his three oppo's!

He has been sent home early cos his shrapnel wounds (on his side and his arm)
were infected and they were worried about him staying there and it getting worse.
They dont look too bad to be honest and he's going to make a full recovery, as
are his mates.

The cunting British Government have new rules of Engagement for our troops
and it is governed by what they call "courageous restraint"

For instance, if a raghead ignores warnings to stop at a checkpoint, do not shoot
him, he may be deaf, blind or a mental case, so try to ascertain as to whether he
really is a threat. If a raghead is spotted with a gun, do not shoot him, he may be
quite innocently lying there in the hedges. He may be cleaning it, it may not even
be loaded, so try to ascertain whether he really is a threat i.e.... when he shoots
at you, shoot back.

The c**t who tried to kill them got too close, ignored repeated warnings to halt
and was fiddling around under his smock. But the young lad at the front had only
been out a few weeks, so he hesitated. My sons mate has done two tours and was
not about to be 'courageous' or 'restrained' he clocked what was happening and took
the fuckers head off. Just in time. Cos the blast from the IED was forced down into
the ground under the bomber and not directly at the lads.

These are the f*cking pressures our lads are under out there, not only are they scared
of dying, but the newer lads are scared of protecting themselves in case they end up
on a murder charge. They were a second away from being blown to bits, cos of a seconds
hesitation brought about by a government that really has no idea, and certainly does not
care about our boys.

Im ranting, sorry. But my lad LOVES the Royal Marines, but hes getting out in two years
cos he reckons the rules and regulations they are under out in Afghanistan are just as
dangerous as the frigging Taliban

Re: "Courageous Restraint" - Our brave lads and wank government

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:50 pm

Get them all out as soon as possible. This is someone else's war and the people in charge aren't helping our troops one little bit. They're making life worse, in fact

Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:46 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:Get them all out as soon as possible. This is someone else's war and the people in charge aren't helping our troops one little bit. They're making life worse, in fact

Totally agree Andy, I have always said its Not Our War and they should never be over there, WE WILL ONLY LOOSE OVER THERE, Russia couldnt defeat them in 10 years of battling, WE ARE ON A HIDING TO NOTHING.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:47 pm

Hang about this government has been in power for only three weeks, please be accurate and say "the last government", I will be the first to shout if this new government does not do anything in the future :thumbup:

Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:Get them all out as soon as possible. This is someone else's war and the people in charge aren't helping our troops one little bit. They're making life worse, in fact

Totally agree Andy, I have always said its Not Our War and they should never be over there, WE WILL ONLY LOOSE OVER THERE, Russia couldnt defeat them in 10 years of battling, WE ARE ON A HIDING TO NOTHING.

Exactly, we're fighting what amounts to guerilla warfare out there and bigger, better equipped armies have failed in their attempts. Russia in Afghanistan and America in Vietnam to name just 2

Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:21 pm

Igovernor wrote:Hang about this government has been in power for only three weeks, please be accurate and say "the last government", I will be the first to shout if this new government does not do anything in the future :thumbup:

IGovernor, First time I HAVE EVER AGREED WITH YOU SPOT ON ITS LABOUR WHO CAUSED ALL THIS.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Igovernor wrote:Hang about this government has been in power for only three weeks, please be accurate and say "the last government", I will be the first to shout if this new government does not do anything in the future :thumbup:

IGovernor, First time I HAVE EVER AGREED WITH YOU SPOT ON ITS LABOUR WHO CAUSED ALL THIS.

Yes it was Labour but would the Conservative acted any differently at the time. I did not see them objecting to the war.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:55 pm

I shall concede it wasnt the Conservatives who bent over and took this idea
from the yanks. I will also concede that they have doubled the bonus/allowance
for our lads. Hopefully they will f**k these Human rights ideas off, but sadly
they are in partnership with the wishy washy LibDems. I dont hold out much
hope