Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A POSITIVE AS I SEE IT

Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:33 pm

The delay in finalising a meeting between the Malaysians and Sam/Langstones in my eyes must be a positive. Initially I thought that if the money problems were an issue then surely they would be dead keen on meeting a major creditor who ever it was, and at least listen to what they had to offer or discuss.

If there is no sense of urgency then that must be a good thing, hopefully they have a plan and a commitment to do whatever is needed and also the funds to do it off their own back. Possibly the delays in wages, and payments to other clubs leading to the embargo is a tool being used to put pressure on some other Directors or Major shareholders.

I have thought for a while there may be a power struggle going on and a case of call my bluff, I just hope and pray the Malaysians are prepared to do it on their own and can fund it themselves, at the moment I am optimistic they can, time will tell.

Re: A POSITIVE AS I SEE IT

Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:40 pm

Or maybe they are pissed off and ready to walk :roll:

Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:47 pm

BigGwynram wrote:The delay in finalising a meeting between the Malaysians and Sam/Langstones in my eyes must be a positive. Initially I thought that if the money problems were an issue then surely they would be dead keen on meeting a major creditor who ever it was, and at least listen to what they had to offer or discuss.

If there is no sense of urgency then that must be a good thing, hopefully they have a plan and a commitment to do whatever is needed and also the funds to do it off their own back. Possibly the delays in wages, and payments to other clubs leading to the embargo is a tool being used to put pressure on some other Directors or Major shareholders.

I have thought for a while there may be a power struggle going on and a case of call my bluff, I just hope and pray the Malaysians are prepared to do it on their own and can fund it themselves, at the moment I am optimistic they can, time will tell.

gwyn

it was always my understanding that the malaysians would be sorting out the bills and debts as and when they came along.
If there is an agreement to pay sam in december then i cant see them paying it until the last moment.
i am hoping that we have still got all our main players from last season is a good thing and not because under the present climate that other teams will not match their current wages.
with regards to the embargo i think this is only in place because of the accounts issue now which has been held up due to the valuation of the stadium.
I certainly think that the malaysians can fund it because they were well aware of the debts before signing up and also the golden ticket fiasco took place when they were in the due diligence process.
going back to one of your earlier posts i can never remember being as flat and disinterested in a forthcoming season as i do know.
i suppose one of the biggest let downs for me is i was hoping a new broom would have swept clean and there would have been a major overhaul of most club departments and in particular the commercial department.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:12 pm

So, there is no news....just a meeting is taking place that we all knew was planned...or am I missing someting!!!??!!

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:37 pm

Steve we've all seen worst seasons than this and CCFC always scrape thru , I for 1 aint too bothered and am looking forward to a bit of football again for a change and not the off field speculation . Whats the worst than can happen then , a relegation next May ! Been there , seen that and got more than 1 T shirt !!! BUT the time should be right now for City to push onwards and upwards to the Prem league :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:43 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:Steve we've all seen worst seasons than this and CCFC always scrape thru , I for 1 aint too bothered and am looking forward to a bit of football again for a change and not the off field speculation . Whats the worst than can happen then , a relegation next May ! Been there , seen that and got more than 1 T shirt !!! BUT the time should be right now for City to push onwards and upwards to the Prem league :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

well said
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:47 pm

Paul says ..................... " you Jack bastards " !!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:48 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:Paul says ..................... " you Jack bastards " !!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:48 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:Steve we've all seen worst seasons than this and CCFC always scrape thru , I for 1 aint too bothered and am looking forward to a bit of football again for a change and not the off field speculation . Whats the worst than can happen then , a relegation next May ! Been there , seen that and got more than 1 T shirt !!! BUT the time should be right now for City to push onwards and upwards to the Prem league :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Good post - I can't wait for us to be watching the team against Sheff Utd knowing there will be another season of ups and downs following the City - it aint ever dull with us! And yes with a few additions I think we can be pushing for the premier league again :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:52 pm

whats all the fuss then Mal , after all this is CCFC here :lol: we finish 4th in the Championship which is the highest ever finish in my lifetime , been to the FA Cup Final and the fans are still moaning , we got money troubles again ..................... CCFC always have money troubles , we always sell our best players and rcently we always do ok . Happy dayz :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:01 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:whats all the fuss then Mal , after all this is CCFC here :lol: we finish 4th in the Championship which is the highest ever finish in my lifetime , been to the FA Cup Final and the fans are still moaning , we got money troubles again ..................... CCFC always have money troubles , we always sell our best players and rcently we always do ok . Happy dayz :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

could be worse could be a jack and watch there team on the radio lol

thats what a jack said to me could not stand up so thick ! :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:02 pm

mallo wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:whats all the fuss then Mal , after all this is CCFC here :lol: we finish 4th in the Championship which is the highest ever finish in my lifetime , been to the FA Cup Final and the fans are still moaning , we got money troubles again ..................... CCFC always have money troubles , we always sell our best players and rcently we always do ok . Happy dayz :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

could be worse could be a jack and watch there team on the radio lol

thats what a jack said to me could not stand up so thick ! :ayatollah:

whose that coming over the hill is it the tax man is it the tax man !

Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:07 pm

BigGwynram wrote:The delay in finalising a meeting between the Malaysians and Sam/Langstones in my eyes must be a positive. Initially I thought that if the money problems were an issue then surely they would be dead keen on meeting a major creditor who ever it was, and at least listen to what they had to offer or discuss.

aren't they meeting tonight Gwyn ?

Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:26 am

Oops! :o