Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " MASSIVE NEWS FOR CARDIFF CITY "

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:26 pm

I agree with you until i see it black and white i don't believe it.. We only have to go back a couple of seasons to the whole Marcus Bent transfer it was said it was done and dusted on the radio and that came back to haunt us..

The fans do have the right to know on ALL the information, but if the meeting is still going on unless Carl is either Sam,Tg or Alan Whitely he can't really say what is going on.. I'm sure he will let us know anything else as soon as he knows :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:35 pm

Let's hope the outcome of this meeting is good for the Club.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:36 pm

Thanks for the update Carl.

Hopefully everything is laid out on the table and our club will be in a much stronger position this time tomorrow :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:37 pm

CCFC1990 wrote:The fans do have the right to know on ALL the information, but if the meeting is still going on unless Carl is either Sam,Tg or Alan Whitely he can't really say what is going on.. I'm sure he will let us know anything else as soon as he knows :ayatollah:

He can't advise of the outcome of course. But he claims to know the truth.. why withhold what the truth is, its complete contrast of what's gone on before.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:41 pm

Good to hear that the meeting will actually take place, but wasn't this meeting mentioned a couple of weeks ago?

i.e. to sort out a payment schedule for the Langston debt?

This is not a snipe (just incase) but I thought this was generally out there anyway?

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:50 pm

Thank you once again Carl, without sounding pervy. Your sending me to bed a happy and optimistic man, I feel the faith creeping back..................... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:50 pm

Having never been a member of any inner or outer circle, just a City fan of 35 years and getting realy P**ded off with the infighting amongst city fans. I have already seen sniping on the other board and again it realy pees me off.

The Why i see it is that there is a definate split on the board regarding Sam. I would personally rather see Sam for all his faults return in some capacity than the indeferance of PMG.

FFS Lets get behind the club together as this close season seems to be the worst since we announced the signing of Gary Thompson as a major coup.

" Born Under The Grange End Stand"

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:52 pm

Myself, Annis, Vince, Gwyn and Mogsy all know the truth and hopefully right this minute TG will be hearing it too. This could very well be a defining and pivotal moment in our history.

So what's this Truth? Why cannot you not say Carl?

It's sounding like the Inner Circle days...

Transparency is key.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:00 pm

Wow, this exclusive slipped from a major sticky at the top of the board to a "get me out of here" post pretty quickly :?

Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:12 pm

Ben, the difference is that when people have questioned whether all the 'bad news' has to be made public, it's been shouted down. It's been said that people have a right to know what is going on with their club, our club. I fail to see the difference, some of the sensitive information that has appeared on this board previously could prove more hurtful to the club than anything Hammam could say in a meeting.

And i fail to see where "some of the sensitive information that has appeared on this board previously could prove more hurtful to the club" in this case when the club are represented, the malaysians are represented and sam is there. to me all the people who have a concern with the club are informed of this meeting taking place.so how can it be damaging, unless they wanted to keep it hush hush from the press ? by which case they would not have informed the people who told the people who passed on the news to carl

Personally, until thing are finalised in any matter with the club I treat it purely as speculation and I don't tend to cling onto it, however others are more than correct to raise their concerns about specific information being witheld, when they've been told previously we have a right to know everything immediately.

again i fail to see where the "specific information being witheld" is ? we have all been told about the meeting, or are you suggesting that we should have been told about it earlier ? seeing as annis and carl were privi to the information yesterday, and what if for some unknown reason one member of this secret affair could not have made the meeting after carl had posted it last night, whould you all be slating him tonight because it didnt happen ?

all i see is hes damned if he does and damned if he dont

Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:13 pm

hailesy wrote:
Myself, Annis, Vince, Gwyn and Mogsy all know the truth and hopefully right this minute TG will be hearing it too. This could very well be a defining and pivotal moment in our history.

So what's this Truth? Why cannot you not say Carl?

It's sounding like the Inner Circle days...

Transparency is key.

Not putting words in anyone's mouth but surely the "Truth" in this instance means how Carl, Annis etc think the club is being run? Nothing more to it than that.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:17 pm

NJ73 wrote:Wow, this exclusive slipped from a major sticky at the top of the board to a "get me out of here" post pretty quickly :?

i suggest you re-look at the heading, nothing mentioned about exclusive

Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:17 pm

Dan wrote:
CCFC1990 wrote:The fans do have the right to know on ALL the information, but if the meeting is still going on unless Carl is either Sam,Tg or Alan Whitely he can't really say what is going on.. I'm sure he will let us know anything else as soon as he knows :ayatollah:

He can't advise of the outcome of course. But he claims to know the truth.. why withhold what the truth is, its complete contrast of what's gone on before.

to be fair. He's not in the meeting is he. He may well have a gist of what
Sam is hoping to achieve tonight. But not of TGs likely reaction. If there
is indeed a meeting tonight then thanks Carl, for letting us know. To try
and second guess what the outcome might be is daft. Lets all just cross
our fingers innit?

Inner frigging circle or whatever, Id sooner know a little bit of whats
happening than nothing, so nice one Carl!!

Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:25 pm

Thanks Carl :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:35 pm

Sam meeting with TG is no surprise really is it. Sam is a major creditor and if he has a propositon to make what has TG got too lose by listening to him. What this is though I have no idea so at this moment I will not get too excited about it. Besides it TG I trust and I for one will respect his decision.

TG +SH - PMG does appeal to me though.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:40 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:
Ben, the difference is that when people have questioned whether all the 'bad news' has to be made public, it's been shouted down. It's been said that people have a right to know what is going on with their club, our club. I fail to see the difference, some of the sensitive information that has appeared on this board previously could prove more hurtful to the club than anything Hammam could say in a meeting.

And i fail to see where "some of the sensitive information that has appeared on this board previously could prove more hurtful to the club" in this case when the club are represented, the malaysians are represented and sam is there. to me all the people who have a concern with the club are informed of this meeting taking place.so how can it be damaging, unless they wanted to keep it hush hush from the press ? by which case they would not have informed the people who told the people who passed on the news to carl

Personally, until thing are finalised in any matter with the club I treat it purely as speculation and I don't tend to cling onto it, however others are more than correct to raise their concerns about specific information being witheld, when they've been told previously we have a right to know everything immediately.

again i fail to see where the "specific information being witheld" is ? we have all been told about the meeting, or are you suggesting that we should have been told about it earlier ? seeing as annis and carl were privi to the information yesterday, and what if for some unknown reason one member of this secret affair could not have made the meeting after carl had posted it last night, whould you all be slating him tonight because it didnt happen ?

all i see is hes damned if he does and damned if he dont

What?!?

Carl clearly said a select few people already know the truth, so why can't he tell us what that is. Before he's said that every fan should have a right to know what is going on, all I'm asking is what's changed? Why can't he tell us what the select few know. He's never took that stance before.

I don't particularly care about who knows what if I'm being honest. What I'm shocked by is that some of the stuff that's leaked from this forum and into the press couldve possibly damaged the club previously, when it was asked if it was neccesary for this information to be released onto this forum we were told it was. Now information is being witheld.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:47 pm

Thanks for the info Carl.

Let's hope the meeting is productive and for the benefit of Cardiff City AFC.

I also hope that the information from the meeting is passed to ALL fans of our club, not just snippets given to the "inner circle."

In particular let's not have the Hammam spin doctors on here perverting the truth.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:51 pm

Do you know the truth Claude?

Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:52 pm

Dan wrote:
What?!?

Carl clearly said a select few people already know the truth, so why can't he tell us what that is. Before he's said that every fan should have a right to know what is going on, all I'm asking is what's changed? Why can't he tell us what the select few know. He's never took that stance before.

I don't particularly care about who knows what if I'm being honest. What I'm shocked by is that some of the stuff that's leaked from this forum and into the press couldve possibly damaged the club previously, when it was asked if it was neccesary for this information to be released onto this forum we were told it was. Now information is being witheld.

Carl really can't win in this situation. You say he should tell us all everything, then say what he tells is damaging :roll:

Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:00 pm

Of course I don't know the truth, nor do any other CCFC fan.

Apparently, some do. Hence my reference to an "inner circle."

We are constantly being told that certain people know "the truth." I presume, because I don't know "the truth" that this means "the truth" according to Sam Hammam.

As others have alluded to in this thread, if these people know "the truth" then why aren't they telling us?

Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:40 pm

If you dont know the truth Claude why are you accusing others of perverting the truth?

Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:14 am

I don't know why but i sense there is going to be some serious arm twisting at this meeting that might not be what the TG wants to hear.
I hope I am wrong and something positive can come out of it,
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:57 am

Claude Blue wrote:Thanks for the info Carl.

Let's hope the meeting is productive and for the benefit of Cardiff City AFC.

I also hope that the information from the meeting is passed to ALL fans of our club, not just snippets given to the "inner circle."

In particular let's not have the Hammam spin doctors on here perverting the truth.

yes claude lets hope the meeting is productive for the benifit of our club

surelly we can all see that "the inner circle" as you all seem to want to call them, were privi to the knowledge that there was going to be a meeting last night, BUT we all were made aware of the fact a meeting was going to take place, if it had been me, i wouldnt have posted the info that the meeting was taking place until i knew for sure it was underway, and thats all that call has done, also how can he inform you/us of the content of that meeting unless he is there, which im sure he was not, so until that info is released to him, from whatever source, we all have to wait. i can hazard a guess as to the reason behind the meeting but it would be speculation, and no more. which as you state could be damaging to our club so wont bother.
i will wait with baited breath until "the inner circle" have been informed and forward that word on to us.
at the end of the day someone has to be the first to hear the news, from whatever source before being able to pass it on.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:25 am

thanks for the news Carl and this backed up by an e mail I had from TG makes me feel happier about our Club today , as regards Sam and the so called " inner circle " then its simply the fact that Sam HAS friends whom he confided in and told them about the meeting using their discretion so it wasnt common knowledge before the event . As for the " truth " referred to whatever that is then Im sure time will tell and 1 last point about Sam and the so called debt being his fault , just assume that the money owed to Langston was wiped off does that make CCFC suddenly debt free ??? No I think not , its the 5 years accumulated by Riddler and Co that MUST be sorted .

Finally a final word regarding Ledley then the only positive I can see is the so called £25k per week ( plus signing on fee ) we allegedly offered him will now be SAVED by the Club and for al we know any transfer money / compo money may have gone straight back to whoever LOANED Riddler the money that he mortgaged the players with ??? Maybe with no Ledley at CCFC then we dont have to pay HIS value back to whoever ..................... give Ridsdale a mask and a horse and he can be the Loan Arranger :lol: :lol:

As TG told me yesterday he's plugging away slowly at 5 years of debt and bad running of the Club and said its going to take time and hard work to fix , his words were to have faith !!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:43 am

thanks carl :ayatollah:
if you are in this so called " inner circle" then personally i dont give a shit haha.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:51 am

carl shares with CARDIFF FANS the latest news with in OUR football club, and he gets shot down.
now some people are moaning about the ''inner circle''............ jealous?

keep the info coming carl.............

and come back sam :D

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:53 am

Claire wrote:
Dan wrote:
What?!?

Carl really can't win in this situation. You say he should tell us all everything, then say what he tells is damaging :roll:

No, Carl and a large proportion of users said we should be told everything when it was questioned about the negative press that was coming from this forum previously. That's no longer the case, information is being withheld. I'd personally prefer it if nothing was released to individuals from inside sources from the club, you don't see it elsewhere and I think its damagaing.

For the record I don't have a problem with Carl, I just think fans are being drip fed certain information.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:52 am

So how did it go?

Productive, non-productive or are they still going at it with TG INSISTING he WILL NOT eat sheeps testicles however much will get wiped off the debt. :D

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:18 am

It's nothing to do with exclusives, or even just general news being "broken" on here.

There's yet another mention of "the truth" in Carl's initial post. Apparently, Hammam is telling TG "the truth" in their meeting. Apparently, certain posters on this MB know what "the truth" is.

All I, and a couple of other posters in this thread are asking is, what is "the truth?"

Is it too much to ask those who know "the truth" to let the rest of us know???

Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:45 am

carlccfc wrote:There is a meeting taking place right now in London between Sam Hammam, TG and Alan Whitely, they are discussing the Langston loan notes and other matters that Sam feels needs saying to TG for the good of our club.

Expect the naysayers to down it but it's happening and your the first to hear it.

Now it is down to the Malaysians and how they plan to deal with the news they are hearing, what they decide I will support as they are doing it for the good of our club.

Not a bad one to post for my 3000th post. You had to wait until I knew the meeting was going ahead.

copyright http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk

So you know the truth do you mate?
what's the truth then? go 'ead spill