Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " MASSIVE NEWS FOR CARDIFF CITY "

Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:58 am

bondog wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
bondog wrote:
With all due respect mate. Why did you feel the need to inform us that you Know something the rest of us don't?
Pointless.

Carl has explained his situation and I for one can completely understand where he is coming from. He has given his word that any information that comes his way about the finer details of the meetings between TG & SH will be treated as confidential whilst the meetings are in progress.

That doesn't actually mean he knows something you (or I) don't know at this point about the meetings, it just means that if he does become aware of something whilst they are still talking he will keep stum just in case anything said by him was too sensitive.

Complete and utter common sense

Clearly says he knows the truth? what's the truth?
he can't say. Then why mention it?
why not just say there's a meeting between CCFC reps and Hammam.? Simple as.
Oh and just to be clear, what the truth is i don't know, and do i care? do i f/ck

We can either debate the issue or become petty. That response is not debate its pettyness.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:04 am

But it's a very pertinent question that I and others keep asking.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:56 pm

Eddie May wrote:
Claude Blue wrote:But it's a very pertinent question that I and others keep asking.

Carl,Gwyn,Vince and annis have been asked by Sam to keep quite while negotiations are going on, now surely we should all respect this.

That would be fine if he had asked them not to mention the talks at all.

As it is , he has used them to just put forward his own view of things , but keep quiet about any alternative view from the club.So we end up with a totally unbalanced view that is not capable of being questionned.And the guys you mention are then put in the awkward position of being Sam`s unofficial press officers and open to criticism themselves without any of the flack falling on Sam himself.

It is a tactic used by Sam in the past and by Peter Ridsdale since and in neither case has it turned out to be of benefit for the club.

If there is a meeting between TG and Langston today to hammer out the debt agreement then that has to be good news. But wouldn`t it be far more refreshing and honest if at that meeting Sam confesses that he is Langston and that he lied about that consistently in the past. If he is not Langston , then he is not the decisionmaker the club should be talking to.

Another thought struck me recently. If Sam really wished to take a further shareholding stake and put some badly needed cash into the club , why didn`t he take up the recent offer to subscribe to new shares through Rudgwick , which definitely is his company. He could have had as many as £1.7m of shares that way at a fixed price of 15.69p (the same as everyone else)which would have given him a substantial shareholding but declined to do so.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:05 pm

since62"][Eddie May"]["Claude Blue"]But it's a very pertinent question that I and others keep asking.

Carl,Gwyn,Vince and annis have been asked by Sam to keep quite while negotiations are going on, now surely we should all respect this.

That would be fine if he had asked them not to mention the talks at all.

As it is , he has used them to just put forward his own view of things , but keep quiet about any alternative view from the club.So we end up with a totally unbalanced view that is not capable of being questionned.And the guys you mention are then put in the awkward position of being Sam`s unofficial press officers and open to criticism themselves without any of the flack falling on Sam himself.

It is a tactic used by Sam in the past and by Peter Ridsdale since and in neither case has it turned out to be of benefit for the club.

If there is a meeting between TG and Langston today to hammer out the debt agreement then that has to be good news. But wouldn`t it be far more refreshing and honest if at that meeting Sam confesses that he is Langston and that he lied about that consistently in the past. If he is not Langston , then he is not the decisionmaker the club should be talking to.

Another thought struck me recently. If Sam really wished to take a further shareholding stake and put some badly needed cash into the club , why didn`t he take up the recent offer to subscribe to new shares through Rudgwick , which definitely is his company. He could have had as many as £1.7m of shares that way at a fixed price of 15.69p (the same as everyone else)which would have given him a substantial shareholding but declined to do so.[/quote]

the crux of my whole argument keith

it was only 8 weeks ago that tg was over here meeting all major creditors to thrash out an agreement on all outstanding debts.
in that time he met langston lawyers to discuss their debt so why did sam not come forward at that point if he had an offer to put on the table.
why wait until a few weeks after the malaysians had bought in before trying to negotiate his way in through the back door.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:18 pm

Eddie May wrote:Ok fair enough Steve, your borleys best mate, if he asked you now to keep quite, What would you do ?
Sam has now asked them all to while negotiations are going on.

eddie i often keep quiet about private conversations with steve and i dont think anybody could ever accuse me of posting sensational headlines on here .
fact of the matter is i let certain people know that tg was flying from malaysia on the monday and was not at a meeting in london with sam.
i was told in fact that myself and steve were 100% wrong.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:20 pm

steve davies wrote:
Eddie May wrote:Ok fair enough Steve, your borleys best mate, if he asked you now to keep quite, What would you do ?

eddie i often keep quiet about private conversations with steve and i dont think anybody could ever accuse me of posting sensational headlines on here .
fact of the matter is i let certain people know that tg was flying from malaysia on the monday and was not at a meeting in london with sam.
i was told in fact that myself and steve were 100% wrong.

Pedantically, you may have been wrong. Just depends on the timezone :p

Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:35 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
WE HAVE BEEN ASKED TO KEEP QUITE and WHEN I AM ASKE,D I RESPECT PEOPLES WISHES IF ITS FOR THE GOOD OF OUR CLUB, Thats All I have to say on the Whole matter. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Ok then can you answer this:

If Gethin Jenkins had told Carl about the transfer embargo but asked him to keep it quiet as he felt it would damage the club would it have been kept quiet?

I refer back to my above question which is a perfectly reasonable one to ask and hasn't been answered by any of the relevant people.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:43 pm

No, unless instructed to by Hammam :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:45 pm

["nerd"][="steve davies"][="Eddie May"]Ok fair enough Steve, your borleys best mate, if he asked you now to keep quite, What would you do ?
i was told in fact that myself and steve were 100% wrong

Pedantically, you may have been wrong. Just depends on the timezone :p[/quote]

perhaps it was it a telepathic meeting then nerd sam sat in his house and tg in first class on an air malaysia flight
either way it was not face to face in london as terry fuckwit phillips wrote

Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:48 pm

Claude Blue wrote:No, unless instructed to by Hammam :lol: :lol: :lol:

:roll: Are you entitled to speak on behalf of Carl now? None of us know the answer for certain whether he would or not. I'd like to hope he wouldn't.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:53 pm

its not hard to imagine what sam had to say...we all know he was completely shafted and we all know who by......i really really hope we see the back of the p'arasitic' mg soon..... :ayatollah: