Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Help re: the situation at CCFC

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:45 pm

I rarely post on message boards but do read them fairly regularly. I have been out of the country for a few weeks so have not really had the chance to catch up with recent events and things move so quickly nowadays I woul just like to try and get grasp of exaclty what is happening at the moment.

I don't know any of the posters on here personally, but some of you do claim to be privvy to some inside knowledge from the club and Sam Hammam.
I would be very grateful if someone could explain to me in clear and plain English what the general consencus of this message board is as far as the situation regarding the new chairman/board and Sam Hammam.

There does seem to be some suggestion that the new incumbents are already disliked by some of our fans, is this correct? If so why?
There also seems to be the idea that Sam Hammam is intending to try to return to the club, if so what are his intentions etc?

I may of course have gotten things a bit mixed up so apologies if this is the case.

thanks in advance for any replies

harold

Re: Help re: the situation at CCFC

Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:11 pm

bumpage. Anyone home?

Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:14 pm

Harold it would take about seven hours to explain it all mate.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:23 pm

If only we knew someone who could write a book on it all :lol: :lol:

Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:25 pm

John Bowens brotherj wrote:Harold it would take about seven hours to explain it all mate.

I'm not asking for every little detail, only those who work within higher echelons of the club know for sure exactly what is going on obviously. I just want the situation in a nutshell as seen by the posters on this board who appear to be "in the know".

Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:10 pm

Basically we have f**k all money. and are under a transfer embargo becuase we failed to produce finance shhets for the 2009 season and pay our tax bill(now been paid).

Ledley has gone to Celtic for free.

We have bought sum young Man United player on loan for the season.

Sam Hammam wants to come back to the club and be in charge of football side of things and leave money side of things to TG.

Hammam and TG are in a meeting tongiht about the situation and we await the results of this meeting.

We have Gethin Jenkins incharge of day to day runnings of the club and he is a bit out of his depth, He has been arguing with Borley and they aint the best of freinds.

That is all i know for now. I think most of it is right :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:47 am

Thanks for that chippy, I was begining to think that nobody actually new anything for a minute.

On one of your points, how exactly is Gethin Jenkins out of his depth? Is it regarding anything specific or just a general feeling of someone who is unable to do the job?

Not sure I particularly like the idea of Sam Hammam coming back, he does appear to have created a lot of unceratainty at the club over the years since he left, however I guess he deserves credit for agreeing to the new repayment terms which makes life easier for the club and he did give us some exciting times (that we are still paying for mind).
It does sound very, very unlikely though really doesn't it, unless perhaps he was willing to invest a large amount of money in the club.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:54 am

harold pinta wrote:Thanks for that chippy, I was begining to think that nobody actually new anything for a minute.

On one of your points, how exactly is Gethin Jenkins out of his depth? Is it regarding anything specific or just a general feeling of someone who is unable to do the job?
Not sure I particularly like the idea of Sam Hammam coming back, he does appear to have created a lot of unceratainty at the club over the years since he left, however I guess he deserves credit for agreeing to the new repayment terms which makes life easier for the club and he did give us some exciting times (that we are still paying for mind).
It does sound very, very unlikely though really doesn't it, unless perhaps he was willing to invest a large amount of money in the club.

for a start, he struggled to deal with the ledley saga, leading to it becoming a total shambles! :twisted:

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:59 am

milly44 wrote:
harold pinta wrote:Thanks for that chippy, I was begining to think that nobody actually new anything for a minute.

for a start, he struggled to deal with the ledley saga, leading to it becoming a total shambles! :twisted:

Sorry, could you expand on that. I thought Ledley ran his contact down and was a free agent, allowing him to go wherever he (or his agent) wished.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:59 am

milly44 wrote:

Here we go agains.

Please expalin how he struggled to deal with the Ledley saga. It had been ongoing for months before he came. There's been nothing the club can do for a while now, it's been up to Ledley and his agent what happened.

I did ask several times in a thread yesterday what Jenkins had doen wrong in the Ledley saga. Got no response to that.

I don't expect any now either.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:04 am

you got one yesterday elwood.