Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I THOUGHT HE DID A GOOD JOB!!!

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:20 am

according to the news, howard webb has recieved death threats and has 24hour armed body gaurds around him at present.....
f**k me, imagine if hed had a bad game!!!
even though hes english ;) i thought he did well, he had 22 players making his life hell, diving about and trying to get each other sent off.
even though he gave out 14 yellow cards, he did his best to keep 22 players on the pitch.

this sounds like i love him :lol:
marry me howard :lol:

seriosly though all going a bit far..............

:ayatollah:

Re: I THOUGHT HE DID A GOOD JOB!!!

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:22 am

Nearing the end there was some decisions that went against Holland that were very questionable, especially that second yellow that Heitinga (either him or De Jong) got given for Iniesta's biggest dive of the world cup.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:29 am

Dafydd wrote:Nearing the end there was some decisions that went against Holland that were very questionable, especially that second yellow that Heitinga (either him or De Jong) got given for Iniesta's biggest dive of the world cup.

and when de jong kung fu kicked alonso, blatent dive, he never touched him :lol:

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:31 am

If he had played it by the letter of the law then he would have gone down in the records for the most red cards at a world cup final so it was inevitable anyway, How Van Bommel have a go i'll never know the guy should not have even played the final as he shoudl have been sent off in the Semi, In fact I don't think their was a game he was a dirty b*stard in. I agree the Spanish are diving little gits and forever asking for cards to be issued which is a bookable offence in my book anyway. I was hoping Uruaguay would win it really for the 4 that were left.

Much was made about the way Spain play the game however I thought for most of the world cup they were very negative forever crosses coming into the box with only 1 player in their and when they went 1 nil up that was it bore football for the most of it, Kept possession very well but not great to watch really, Would really have like to have seen Brazil or Argentina in the last 4 as their game's were always good value.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:40 am

There could have been 3 reds in the first half alone and I thought he showed restraint in his reffing. Van Bommel was a red card waiting to happen all tournament that never happened. No wonder he was voted the Bundesliga's most hated player. And De Jong??? :shock: Holland's game plan from the outset was obvious, but Spain let themselves down slightly by diving a little too much. Arjen Robben is a great player, but he again lets himself down too often by hitting the deck too easily.

On the plus side, Sepp Blatter has come out and defended Howard Webb by saying it was a difficult game to ref, so maybe he does do the odd thing right

Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:12 am

Everyone knows the Dutch made a joke of themselves on Sunday. I thought Howard Webb was in a no lose situation and to allow such leniency in the final was very credible given how little choice the Dutch were giving him. The only really dodgy decision was the corner that wasn't given but things like that happy every week.

The Dutch are just disgracing themselves more and more each day and I'm just glad Johann Cruyff was man enough to admit the truth for his country. Yeah, Iniesta probably did dive for Heitinga's challenge but given how dangerously Holland were playing I don't blame him for not taking any chances and going to ground before contact was made.

I thought given the circumstances and the way the match panned out Webb couldn't have refereed it any better and it's only the two competing teams who have grudges against him. Every neutral fan I know says he did a superb job. Looks like FIFA and UEFA agree as well so hopefully the sore losers will shut the f**k up now and realise they were lucky to a) get to the Final with no-one suspended and b) finish with only 10 men!

I lost a lot of respect for Holland this tournament.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:26 am

milly44 wrote:according to the news, howard webb has recieved death threats and has 24hour armed body gaurds around him at present.....
f**k me, imagine if hed had a bad game!!!
even though hes english ;) i thought he did well, he had 22 players making his life hell, diving about and trying to get each other sent off.
even though he gave out 14 yellow cards, he did his best to keep 22 players on the pitch.

this sounds like i love him :lol:
marry me howard :lol:

seriosly though all going a bit far..............

:ayatollah:

Whose going to kill him Den Haag fans :lol: :lol: