Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Did Carl accept the offer after?

Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:37 pm

He said he was going to decide today, anyone know?

Re: Did Carl accept the offer after?

Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:39 pm

I think there was a bit of a problem because Mike (Dreamlike or Chic) hadn't spoke to the other Trust board members about it.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:43 pm

Ok cheers, i heard on the grapevine that he had been ringing Mike today to accept the offer, just not sure if thats the case. Maybe someone can clarify, just looked on trustboard nothing on there about it. Carl would probably be a good asset to them.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:46 pm

I think Carl was going to give it a try and hopefully unite all the fans, but apparently the rest of the Trust dont want him on board because he posts on here lol.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I think Carl was going to give it a try and hopefully unite all the fans, but apparently the rest of the Trust dont want him on board because he posts on here lol.

Okay, they dont seem to like their own board either, they dont post much on their either! Wish they would leave their trust members postings to on there, so those not interested didnt have to read it all the time. This messageboard and CCMB should be left alone to talk football not politics of the trust, Trust business should remain on the trust board , just my opinion.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I think Carl was going to give it a try and hopefully unite all the fans, but apparently the rest of the Trust dont want him on board because he posts on here lol.

how childish is that :D

Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:02 pm

I want the Trust to succeed, and I honestly think Carl would be a great Trust director. But personally think it's a lost cause and he'd be better off doing his own thing.

Especially after reading this nonsense today...........

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/fudforum/index.ph ... 9c6958d81e

Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:03 pm

Eddie May wrote:
Daya wrote:

Okay, they dont seem to like their own board either, they dont post much on their either! Wish they would leave their trust members postings to on there, so those not interested didnt have to read it all the time. This messageboard and CCMB should be left alone to talk football not politics of the trust, Trust business should remain on the trust board , just my opinion.

they get one post a month from tracey marsh :lol:

Considering it was formed by mainly interweb posters, you would think they would use it, maybe Carl can sort it when hes onboard. Nothing against them, just bored about reading about them and the politics that go with it all, when theres a place for it, that they dont use really.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:05 pm

Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:

I want the Trust to succeed, and I honestly think Carl would be a great Trust director. But personally think it's a lost cause and he'd be better off doing his own thing.

I can see you tried your best to stick up for Carl, I quit 2 weeks ago as a member, I TOTALLY REGRET RENEWING MY FAMILY MEMBERSHIP. NEVER AGAIN, I HAVE LEARNT MY LESSON.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I can see you tried your best to stick up for Carl, I quit 2 weeks ago as a member, I TOTALLY REGRET RENEWING MY FAMILY MEMBERSHIP. NEVER AGAIN, I HAVE LEARNT MY LESSON.

Annis, your original post is way off.

I doubt very much Carl will be taken on the Trust board, but NOT because he posts on here, but because the whole thing has been handled really badly, and that includes Carl himself posting on here that he had been invited before Mike had been able to propose it to others.Surely you can see that.

I said when he first posted it that it sounded a strange proposal.

In fact the other board members who posted on the thread on Mike's board were very supportive to Mike. A few posters on there, who i don't know (apart from 1 and I beleive he had the wrong end of the stick) had a go, but the more prominent Trust members defended Mike.

A mistake has been made, but we need to move on.

Saying that its because 'he posts on here' is just going to add to the divide, when that was precisely what Mike R was trying to help solve.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:35 pm

rob wrote:

how childish is that :D

very

Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:35 pm

Where has any CCST board member stated that they don't want Carl co-opted onto the board?

Some members have stated thus, but I haven't seen a board member say this.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

What a mess. Suprised MM leaves it on there and dont switch to the trust board. As a member Tim, can you assist and save us non members from having to " read all about it" , when if we wished we could read it in the correct forum.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:46 pm

Post them then.

I've read the thread which is well debated and added my thoughts on the appropriate thread on this MB.

You stated earlier how much better CCST is since Mike Roderick was elected. A few minutes later you state that it's a waste of time. Make your mind up man!!!!

Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:47 pm

Claude Blue wrote:Post them then.

I've read the thread which is well debated and added my thoughts on the appropriate thread on this MB.

You stated earlier how much better CCST is since Mike Roderick was elected. A few minutes later you state that it's a waste of time. Make your mind up man!!!!

You can find something better but still think it's a waste of time. :roll:

Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:47 pm

Understandable....to an extent. For example, if the Trust were in negotiations with the club or were having meetings relating to something they felt was quite sensitive, they might think that Carl would post it all on here before the Trust had all agreed to release the info.

But that's a rather cynical attitude to have. Perhaps they don't trust him to keep sensitive info to himself.

But they should give Carl the benefit of the doubt and let him join the Trust. Im sure Carl would act professionally :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:53 pm

TrecynonBlue wrote:

Understandable....to an extent. For example, if the Trust were in negotiations with the club or were having meetings relating to something they felt was quite sensitive, they might think that Carl would post it all on here before the Trust had all agreed to release the info.

But that's a rather cynical attitude to have. Perhaps they don't trust him to keep sensitive info to himself.

But they should give Carl the benefit of the doubt and let him join the Trust. Im sure Carl would act professionally :ayatollah:

if the Trust were in negotiations with the club Do you really believe a football club in the Championship with multi millionaire owners wishes to negoiate with a trust? Come on, they may have to appease them at times by request but negoiate?

The trust may well do some good things eventually, and good luck to them, but they I cant see will be an influence on the Club or Club business .

Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:13 pm

What a mess. Suprised MM leaves it on there and dont switch to the trust board. As a member Tim, can you assist and save us non members from having to " read all about it" , when if we wished we could read it in the correct forum.[/quote]

I don't get your point here Steve. Firstly my membership doesn't give me control on what or where people post (pity :lol: )

Secondly the Trust is debated just as much on here as it is on there. :lol:

The, not so funny point is, much of is inaccurate, unhelpful and sometimes just disrespectful to those who work hard for it.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:17 pm

Claude Blue wrote:Post them then.

Claude Blue
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
Surely the ones about Gethin Jenkins should also count as non-football?

That would vastly increase the non-football posts on AAMB!!!

Sorry, sniping again

I can bring 10 over here if you want theres 1
If I do it will take me an hour as i am rubbish on computers, and I promise you if I bring at least 10 its GOODBYE Claude on here I PROMISE as you snipe about AAMB all the Time on there, BE HONEST.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:23 pm

Lawnmower wrote:What a mess. Suprised MM leaves it on there and dont switch to the trust board. As a member Tim, can you assist and save us non members from having to " read all about it" , when if we wished we could read it in the correct forum.

I don't get your point here Steve. Firstly my membership doesn't give me control on what or where people post (pity :lol: )

The, not so funny point is, much of is inaccurate, unhelpful and sometimes just disrespectful to those who work hard for it.[/quote]

The point being that it's probably best trust business is discussed on the trust board Tim. Would avoid all these issues. AA &MM could simply ensure as it's their boards, and the trust could deal with all debates , points , and leave those not interested in reading about it, avoiding it.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:29 pm

I read the piece by HeathBlue on CCMB where he says "IMO, it's a right kick in the bollox for those who entered the recent elections but did not get elected"

Just for the record two candidates were not elected and that was me and Dai Hunt. I can't speak for Dai Hunt but I have no problem at all with Carl being co-opted onto the Trust Board and may be HeathBlue should check his information before making statements which are factually incorrect.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:30 pm

Daya wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:What a mess. Suprised MM leaves it on there and dont switch to the trust board. As a member Tim, can you assist and save us non members from having to " read all about it" , when if we wished we could read it in the correct forum.

The, not so funny point is, much of is inaccurate, unhelpful and sometimes just disrespectful to those who work hard for it.

The point being that it's probably best trust business is discussed on the trust board Tim. Would avoid all these issues. AA &MM could simply ensure as it's their boards, and the trust could deal with all debates , points , and leave those not interested in reading about it, avoiding it.[/quote]

Right, got you now.
Maybe a good point, but I guess this one has wider implications.

anyway, no news of signings or debts being paid off so I'm off for a bath and a read.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :lol:

Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:36 pm

Your problem is that you regard any criticism as "sniping."

The sadness Annis is that most "sniping" is done by you, primarily focussed on Gethin Jenkins and the CCST.

I asked you a sensible question about your true views on the CCST as you seem to have changed your opinion of it within a matter of minutes.

You also continue to fail to answer my question about this so-called "truth" that Hammam will be telling TG at their meeting. Why are you keeping this information to yourself and your "inner circle." You've stated that all fans have a right to know what's going on at OUR club, so come on, be true to your word and let us know.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:40 pm

Claude Blue wrote:Your problem is that you regard any criticism as "sniping."

The sadness Annis is that most "sniping" is done by you, primarily focussed on Gethin Jenkins and the CCST.

I asked you a sensible question about your true views on the CCST as you seem to have changed your opinion of it within a matter of minutes.

You also continue to fail to answer my question about this so-called "truth" that Hammam will be telling TG at their meeting. Why are you keeping this information to yourself and your "inner circle." You've stated that all fans have a right to know what's going on at OUR club, so come on, be true to your word and let us know.

I thought it was common knowlege.... i just read it on here Claude. Didnt you?

Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:46 pm

Daya wrote:
Claude Blue wrote:Your problem is that you regard any criticism as "sniping."

I thought it was common knowlege.... i just read it on here Claude. Didnt you?

Yes I did :lol:

Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:52 pm

Claude, YOU HAVE NEVER HAD A GOOD WORD TO SAY ABOUT THIS FORUM, Yet you spend every night on here, WHY ?

I said 5 weeks ago you are Gethin Jenkins and I maintain it.

when you were at Newport Rugby, you got caught on mb's having a go at their fans and The Argus a Fact.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:07 pm

One of the messages on CCMB states " Also, I would not want someone on the Trust board who told all and sundry every titbit of information. Sometimes the Trust are asked to keep certain information to themselves - this Carl character likes to gossip. " .................................. As a Trust Member , am I not allowed to know what my voted representatives find out ? Why do key individuals decide what information I am allowed to know ? Are they so much better and more intelligent than me ? I have been deciding whether to renew when time comes and am going against the idea because Mike Roderick had a great proposal to help Carl keep me informed of what's happening at our club , but the people are too worried that I may actually find out ????

Up to you Carl , but it seems to me they want to silence you and pick and choose what you tell us .... which I don't believe is your style .......... you and Annis "Tell it like it is" !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:10 pm

Gareth Bluebird wrote:One of the messages on CCMB states " Also, I would not want someone on the Trust board who told all and sundry every titbit of information. Sometimes the Trust are asked to keep certain information to themselves - this Carl character likes to gossip. " .................................. As a Trust Member , am I not allowed to know what my voted representatives find out ? Why do key individuals decide what information I am allowed to know ? Are they so much better and more intelligent than me ? I have been deciding whether to renew when time comes and am going against the idea because Mike Roderick had a great proposal to help Carl keep me informed of what's happening at our club , but the people are too worried that I may actually find out ????

Up to you Carl , but it seems to me they want to silence you and pick and choose what you tell us .... which I don't believe is your style .......... you and Annis "Tell it like it is" !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Gareth,

There is just to much Jealousy over there from about 15 posters .

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:12 pm

Shouldn't the pain change his name to CLAUDE BLUES
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Claude, YOU HAVE NEVER HAD A GOOD WORD TO SAY ABOUT THIS FORUM, Yet you spend every night on here, WHY ?

I said 5 weeks ago you are Gethin Jenkins and I maintain it.

when you were at Newport Rugby, you got caught on mb's having a go at their fans and The Argus a Fact.

Ive heard that one too, from the Editor of the Argus.