Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Did Carl accept the offer after?

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Gareth Bluebird wrote:One of the messages on CCMB states " Also, I would not want someone on the Trust board who told all and sundry every titbit of information. Sometimes the Trust are asked to keep certain information to themselves - this Carl character likes to gossip. " .................................. As a Trust Member , am I not allowed to know what my voted representatives find out ? Why do key individuals decide what information I am allowed to know ? Are they so much better and more intelligent than me ? I have been deciding whether to renew when time comes and am going against the idea because Mike Roderick had a great proposal to help Carl keep me informed of what's happening at our club , but the people are too worried that I may actually find out ????

Up to you Carl , but it seems to me they want to silence you and pick and choose what you tell us .... which I don't believe is your style .......... you and Annis "Tell it like it is" !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Gareth,

There is just to much Jealousy over there from about 15 posters .

I'm just being honest Annis , I've given the trust a try. I signed up at the very first event and was impressed with how I saw it to be (which was , everyone is equal and any info gleaned will be in your inbox soon). Now quotes like I put in my original message tell me the Trust want to decide what they tell me ............... Well hold on , I've felt much better informed by you and Carl and this MB !

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:07 pm

Gareth Bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Gareth Bluebird wrote:One of the messages on CCMB states " Also, I would not want someone on the Trust board who told all and sundry every titbit of information. Sometimes the Trust are asked to keep certain information to themselves - this Carl character likes to gossip. " .................................. As a Trust Member , am I not allowed to know what my voted representatives find out ? Why do key individuals decide what information I am allowed to know ? Are they so much better and more intelligent than me ? I have been deciding whether to renew when time comes and am going against the idea because Mike Roderick had a great proposal to help Carl keep me informed of what's happening at our club , but the people are too worried that I may actually find out ????

Up to you Carl , but it seems to me they want to silence you and pick and choose what you tell us .... which I don't believe is your style .......... you and Annis "Tell it like it is" !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Gareth,

There is just to much Jealousy over there from about 15 posters .

I'm just being honest Annis , I've given the trust a try. I signed up at the very first event and was impressed with how I saw it to be (which was , everyone is equal and any info gleaned will be in your inbox soon). Now quotes like I put in my original message tell me the Trust want to decide what they tell me ............... Well hold on , I've felt much better informed by you and Carl and this MB !

Gary I remember that night when we went down to the Electric Club and there were over 200 people there. The Trust seemed such a great idea then, but slowly it has disappointed time and again.

I agree mate we will wait until September see how it goes and then decide whether to rejoin or not.

To me having Carl on board is a no brainer for an organisation struggling to establish itself.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I think Carl was going to give it a try and hopefully unite all the fans, but apparently the rest of the Trust dont want him on board because he posts on here lol.

I want the Trust to succeed, and I honestly think Carl would be a great Trust director. But personally think it's a lost cause and he'd be better off doing his own thing.

Especially after reading this nonsense today...........

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/fudforum/index.ph ... 9c6958d81e

I can see you tried your best to stick up for Carl, I quit 2 weeks ago as a member, I TOTALLY REGRET RENEWING MY FAMILY MEMBERSHIP. NEVER AGAIN, I HAVE LEARNT MY LESSON.

Annis

You seem to be making this a Trust v AAMB issue again.

I'm sorry I think this is wrong.

Yes there are members (and non member probably) of the Trust attacking the apparent offer of a place on the board to Carl.
but it is not the entire Trust as you seem to suggest in an earlier post

I quote "apparently the rest of the Trust dont want him on board because he posts on here lol."

You know full well that is not true

The rest of the trust hasn't spoken yet.

I though you were going to give the new board of the Trust a chance yet you now say you resigned (again) a couple of weeks ago.

Some chance you gave them!

Blimey, are you trying to retire as many times as Frank Sinatra!!!!

Seriously, though I believe the Trust is still a fledgling organisation which needs nurturing. Yes it nwill get things wrong but that is to be expected.

Actions like yours in joining, leaving,joining then leaving again without given the newly ekected board time to find it's do not help

It's yout decison of coure, but a very regrettable one.

Regards

Elwood

Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:48 pm

I don't think it really matters who it is. It would always be unpopular with many, just because it goes against the democratic ways of the trust.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:51 pm

Annis, I'm not a Trust board member, but a member of the Trust. I have no interest other than seeing the supporters group together and have a powerful voice. I have followed the bickering between various groupd over the last few months, and can't understand why this continues to happen.

Personally, I think the idea of the Trust is a sound one. I just hope that other people who currently don't think the Trust is working, can give it a go and work with it. I absolutely and sincerely believe that the Trust can benefit the club and its fans.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:49 pm

With all respect to both this board and the CCMB, the majority of our Club's fans do not have an interest in either messageboard. The two messageboards may represent the views of a good number of vocal (and occasionally amusing) fans, but cannot be defined as being representative of the wider fan base. The Trust should focus on attracting the widest possible body of fans, and that means it should not pander to either messageboard's users. The Trust do an excellent job for insufficient thanks and we should all be grateful, including the snipers and free riders. Join the Trust!

Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:58 am

Uccello Azzurro wrote:With all respect to both this board and the CCMB, the majority of our Club's fans do not have an interest in either messageboard. The two messageboards may represent the views of a good number of vocal (and occasionally amusing) fans, but cannot be defined as being representative of the wider fan base. The Trust should focus on attracting the widest possible body of fans, and that means it should not pander to either messageboard's users. The Trust do an excellent job for insufficient thanks and we should all be grateful, including the snipers and free riders. Join the Trust!

I agree that the Trust should appeal to the whole fanbase but that doesn't mean the main message boards should be ignored. As Lawnmower pointed out yesterday there are 7,000 registered users on CCMB and nearly 3,000 on AAMB. There may be only a small proportion who actually post, but both MB's attract 100's of guest viewers per day who read every single word.

I have always thought the Trust were missing a trick by not using MB's (& the expertise of those who run them) more. I would like to see a situation where Carl was co-opted from this MB and a representative co-opted from CCMB (e.g. Thames Valley Fella).

Their co-option would last until the next election where they would be expected to stand down and seek election through the ballot box. By then we would be able to judge whether they were worth continuing with.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:31 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Uccello Azzurro wrote:With all respect to both this board and the CCMB, the majority of our Club's fans do not have an interest in either messageboard. The two messageboards may represent the views of a good number of vocal (and occasionally amusing) fans, but cannot be defined as being representative of the wider fan base. The Trust should focus on attracting the widest possible body of fans, and that means it should not pander to either messageboard's users. The Trust do an excellent job for insufficient thanks and we should all be grateful, including the snipers and free riders. Join the Trust!

I agree that the Trust should appeal to the whole fanbase but that doesn't mean the main message boards should be ignored. As Lawnmower pointed out yesterday there are 7,000 registered users on CCMB and nearly 3,000 on AAMB. There may be only a small proportion who actually post, but both MB's attract 100's of guest viewers per day who read every single word.

I have always thought the Trust were missing a trick by not using MB's (& the expertise of those who run them) more. I would like to see a situation where Carl was co-opted from this MB and a representative co-opted from CCMB (e.g. Thames Valley Fella).

Their co-option would last until the next election where they would be expected to stand down and seek election through the ballot box. By then we would be able to judge whether they were worth continuing with.

TBW

A sensible and measured response, as always. I accept that both messageboards are important media channels for the Trust, but they are just a few among many. In my opinion, they are also disproportionately distracting the Trust from a wider effort. Recent days reinforce this view. Aside from Mike's experience, the saga is another example we are all familiar with - both involved Trust Board members losing the plot and that in itself should have taught them something.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:33 am

Uccello Azzurro wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:

TBW

A sensible and measured response, as always. I accept that both messageboards are important media channels for the Trust, but they are just a few among many. In my opinion, they are also disproportionately distracting the Trust from a wider effort. Recent days reinforce this view. Aside from Mike's experience, the saga is another example we are all familiar with - both involved Trust Board members losing the plot and that in itself should have taught them something.

This is a rare moment when I concede the argument having read your response I can see where you are coming from.

Fair comment.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:35 am

Flattered as I am I don't think we'd want ccmb represented on the trust, we don't want to be beholden to anyone apart from ourselves.

Beyond which, from personal experience, being involved in anything pertaining to Cardiff City is basically a whole load of shit for very little return.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:59 am

Personally I think there could be a beneficial dialogue between the Trust and the mbs. Although a mb attracts varying characters there is a common element amongst them all and that is a passion for the club. A majority of regular posters care for the club and I dont think it would do any harm for the Trust to take note of what is being said. Representation could be a bit to far to go but having Trust board members active on the mbs I feel is a good thing.

I know this board has a reputation of being anti Trust but is that such a bad thing? An honest salesman dealing with a difficult customer will say that person made me a better salesman once I sorted them out.