Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" IT'S MID JULY 2010 " AND

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:20 pm

Only at Cardiff City could we end one season with Multi Billionaire investors coming on board and start the following season in apparent deeper financial strife than the one we had left behind.

It has been a very short honeymoon period for the Malaysians and for the new board this close season. The club has had more problems come to light in such a short space, it appears that Peter Ridsdale left us in a far worse state than previously imagined, if that is at all possible. But we have a new CEO and a new team to help the club get out this, but it is concerning that this pre season is going by with debts not being paid and we are also managing to upset other football creditors along the way. Since the end of last season there has been a lack of information coming out of the club,for example, when is the open day ? Where is the Player of the Year party ? The club shop is drastically low on stock, when does the new shirt go on sale ?

We have the tax bill not being paid on time and when we do pay it, we only pay 1 month's worth. We have the players wages being paid late. We have had 5 different people from within the club, and even outside of it ( Ridsdale ), trying to get a deal done with Stoke for Ledley, but ultimately failed, resulting in the club losing out on possible millions of pounds. There is the situation with Sunderland and Charlton re : Chopra and Hudson. We are under a transfer embargo for not putting our accounts in yet, all this is happening at a time when the club need to be moving players in and out of the club. We could'nt even organise the pre season tour without a cock up along the way.

I will reiterate my point from previous posts, this club needs a team of people running it for/on behalf of the Malaysians who know how to run a football club, it is clear to me we do not have the correct experience at the club and also the know how in the club to carry out the necessary tasks adequately. There have been very serious fall outs between club officials and this is not a good sign either. The club is crying out for someone to take control of it, I do not blame the Malaysians for the mess that is there but I hope they recognise that all is not well and it is not only because of a previous regime either.

There is a positive amongst all this though and that is the Malaysians are here and I believe they are here to stay, if they have the support of us and of the fellow directors and those who run the club then it can become stronger and a healthier club, but there must be honesty and at the moment I feel there are certain agendas going on behind the scenes and that it is difficult for the Malaysians to get an honest picture of what is happening. At least they have the support of one director in particular and in Steve Borley, someone they can trust, Borley is continuing to get on with the job he took on with the house of sport and of course he has said our youth team can train there and also promising youngsters from the Far East will have access to it too.

I personally resent some of the ludicrous claims that I am in some way destabilising the club, that has never been and willl never be my intention, all this was said after I met, along with others, Sam Hammam. Does that now make me part of the inner circle, dont make me laugh. I met Sam because I am interested what he has to say, like I met Gethin Jenkins and Peter Ridsdale too, I am interested to know what is happening with our club. With regards to Sam meeting TG, this is positive for the club no doubt, if TG decides that the club pay Langston off, at least it's done and dusted, if it means they restructure the loan note, then again that will be a decision I would support also, if TG believes it's best for Sam to come back then again I will support it, this is about the good of the club not one person. It is positive that the 2 men will have their meetings, cause at least Peter Ridsdale is not the middle man.

This is a great club but we need leaders to sail the ship through these rough waters and take us further on the journey without sinking, Dave Jones believes that a good pre season shapes your entire season but so far it has not been a great one but where we have time there will always be hope.

Re: IT'S MID JULY 2010 AND

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:30 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:33 pm

Quick question, Carl.

Any idea who the trialists are, who've gone to Portugal with us?

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:34 pm

its a bit messy then really.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:36 pm

EXCELLENT POST Once again Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

You have written Our whole Summer up there, I know some will say it might be Doom and Gloom, but its whats really is going on at Our Club at the Current moment.

In time I feel the Malaysians will see through everyone down there and sort them all out and then A BRIGHT FUTURE Will come Our way, just a bit slower than we anticipated. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:40 pm

We need leaders everywhere ATM, on the pitch in the boardroom and in the Trust.

Shame is the leaders are out there and avaiable if only the club and supporters had the will to see it through.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:42 pm

whos having a battle in the boardroom ?? and why ??

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:46 pm

steve l wrote:whos having a battle in the boardroom ?? and why ??

I will only say the Basics and My Believe.

Borley v Jenkins

TG and Borley together.

Issacs v Jenkins

Issacs stands on his own

Hall,Guy and Jenkins together.

NOT GOOD A BOARDROOM WHEN ITS SO DIVIDED :evil:

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:59 pm

it needs to be sorted and quick

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:07 pm

why ??

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:31 pm

We definitely need a leader, but surely this leader has to be in overall control to be able to bring the other directors together. Its just a shame that certain directors don't have our club at their hearts, coz if they did we wouldn't be having these alleged boardroom squabbles. Even the most stubborn amongst us would put our differences to one side for the sake of our club. :twisted:

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:39 pm

Thank you again Carl for a fantastic input, we've or most of us have lived with doom and gloom since the 70s and we tend to get thick skinned and expect nothing else with City, that's City life and take it as it comes. Whatever happens there will always be OUR City, those that have come through the 70s, 80s, 90s and so on will appreciate more-so what I mean but the newer fan base must be distraught at the way we rise and then fall.

I dont think there is a more frustrating football club around to support than City but I believe one day we'll all get what we fully deserve. All this bollox about fans being split, well thats always been the case. I remember especially the 70s when few away fans would come to NP and it ended up on the Grange-end, Docks v Grangetown, Barry v Ely, Canton v Llanrumney and the Valleys v Everyone lol. But at the end of the day if outsiders interfered, we all stood proud together and looked out for each other and as it should be and always will.....

CITY TIL I DIE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:42 pm

Great post i know people working at the club and Jebkins is struggling big time only a matter of time i think :ayatollah: :ayatollah: eggs need to GO

Re: " IT'S MID JULY 2010 " AND

Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:34 am

Borley is City through and through and if he is supporting TG then eventually everything should be ok.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:47 am

loadsa51 wrote:Borley is City through and through and if he is supporting TG then eventually everything should be ok.

Yes and no, as as soon the heat is on borley goes awall, he had one argument with jenkins and borley quit his new role ask steve davies, borley hates confrontation and any pressure.
he is def city through and through though but def not a leader.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:36 am

The latest in the soap opera of Cardiff city football club

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -26847296/

Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:51 am

[qLONGLEGS"][q="loadsa51"]Borley is City through and through and if he is supporting TG then eventually everything should be ok.[/quote]

Yes and no, as as soon the heat is on borley goes awall, he had one argument with jenkins and borley quit his new role ask steve davies, borley hates confrontation and any pressure.
he is def city through and through though but def not a leader.[/quote]

steve has put himself under pressure to finish the house of sport so we retain our acadamy status.
he also asked at the egm for people to partner him and share the load but there were no takers.
to my way of thinking it was not steves role to sort players deals out as there was a new ceo who insisted on taking that role on.
its all elementary really because they could be the best negotiators in the world but they cant conclude anything due to an embargo

Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:26 am

I am not that doom amd gloom to be honest I think it might be a reality check us supports which in effect will sort out the real supports from those that simply follow in the hope City will splash the cash. These businessmen have invested vasts amount money into the club they have financial advisros of their own that I am sure would have trawled through the books and future revenue sources of the club and knew fully well the financial situation at the club before the invested a penny.

I am confident of a steady season maybe not what we all hoped for after the play off final and first hearing of the investment but if we can retain the squad we currently have and steady the ship, I am sure if January comes and we are in with a shout of the play off's again we might see some action. Once the transfer ban is lifted DJ will have to work some magic and bring in some quality on the very cheap or loan's, Blackpool are the bench mark of what can be done with very little resources so to say we will finish mid table or lower for me in nonsense, We still have the main squad together with exception of Ledley and that team on paper is as good as any team in the league in fact better as it's a well settled side.

I am confident of at least a play off place. Kepp the hope bluebirds :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:33 am

Well said Hughseybloke. I think alot of guys dont consider the fact our team is settled. Of course they could be unsettled by what is going on in the background. I mean will they be happy with what gets offered to them under these guys than under the Riddler. Something tells me they are going to discover that they have had it so good and will not get it better anywhere else. That is a reality check. I just hope they see that sooner rather than later.