Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re - Trust position /offer

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:44 pm

I have had a conversation with Mike Roderick this evening and given Mike my decision but due to circumstances throughout the day I cannot and will not publically give my decision until I have again spoken with Mike, hopefully that will be this evening.

Re: Re - Trust position /offer

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:49 pm

We respect that decision Carl, but for the record I think a 'dream team' of you and Mike Roderick would do the Trust no end of good.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:50 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:We respect that decision Carl, but for the record I think a 'dream team' of you and Mike Roderick would do the Trust no end of good.

I Second that and then would Fully Support The Trust :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:54 pm

Carl,

I think you are getting into a position of put up or shut up, one minute you want to tell the world everything, then its cloak and dagger :lol: :lol: make your mind up!

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:58 pm

Daya wrote:Carl,

I think you are getting into a position of put up or shut up, one minute you want to tell the world everything, then its cloak and dagger :lol: :lol: make your mind up!

Carl will put up when he is ready, not when you are....

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:59 pm

Mike Roderick has been put in an awkward position and hopefully that is being resolved right now Steve and with respect until I speak to Mike again I have given him my word we will chat before I say publically my decision and how the situation has become what it is.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:00 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

ooooohhhhhhhhh listen to you!

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:01 pm

Daya wrote:

ooooohhhhhhhhh listen to you!

About time you did

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:04 pm

"About time you did"

I'll keep my own mind thanks Tony, it's mainly proved me correct in the past.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:06 pm

A bit self important tonight aren't you?

Surely Mike needs to explain himself to his fellow board members first.

Then, assumming he doesn't resign/is sacked, his proposal to co-opt you onto the board can be discussed.

If they accept then you will be approached officially - AND THEN MAKE A DECISION!!!!

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:18 pm

carlccfc wrote:

Mike Roderick has been put in an awkward position and hopefully that is being resolved right now Steve and with respect until I speak to Mike again I have given him my word we will chat before I say publically my decision and how the situation has become what it is.

Fair enough Carl.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:31 pm

Claude Blue wrote:A bit self important tonight aren't you?

Surely Mike needs to explain himself to his fellow board members first.

Then, assumming he doesn't resign/is sacked, his proposal to co-opt you onto the board can be discussed.

If they accept then you will be approached officially - AND THEN MAKE A DECISION!!!!

As you are not in supply of all the facts surrounding this unfortunate situation it is terribly hard for you to grasp what has actually happened, but I am sure Mike will explain and then I will give my decision.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:34 pm

Hope you are on board Carl. I will renew my membership if you do.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:35 pm

The facts are pretty obvious.

Keep private conversations private.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:40 pm

Claude Blue wrote:The facts are pretty obvious.

THEY WERE NOT PRIVATE, AS I said Before Carl said he would have to discuss it with others for their opinions and I Was privy to this Conversation.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:46 pm

Claude Blue wrote:The facts are pretty obvious.

This was not a private conversation, simple really. Let us get the truth out and then you will learn. You are never to old to learn Claude.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:47 pm

So what are the real facts Annis? could you clear it up for us? All I have seen is Carls email and Mikes response, as you were privy can you fill us in please to what you were privy too, personally i think the trust is a white elephant and cant see what benefit Carl would bring unless he can build statues cheaply or to liven up the trusts defunked messageboard, thats not a dig at Carl, just feel his reporting/investigation skills would not be a benefit to a trust of small members.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:51 pm

Daya wrote:So what are the real facts Annis? could you clear it up for us? All I have seen is Carls email and Mikes response, as you were privy can you fill us in please to what you were privy too, personally i think the trust is a white elephant and cant see what benefit Carl would bring unless he can build statues cheaply or to liven up the trusts defunked messageboard, thats not a dig at Carl, just feel his reporting/investigation skills would not be a benefit to a trust of small members.

Agree with you about the trust at the moment. It really is a shower of shit. Many clubs have Trusts which do really well. Our trusts biggest problem has been people like the Lone Gunman who caused great problems with the march etc...

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:53 pm

I very rarely post on here or Mike's board, but just wish people would be straight with everything. I appreciate that things happen/are said behind closed doors, but christ, if you have it to say, get it out there.

I'm a paid up member of the Trust, and such I want to have as many people on board as possible. If Carl gets involved, great. His support (as anyones) would be very, very welcome. After meeting Keith, Tim et al a few times, I have faith in them. What I would love to see though, is prominent fans such as Annis and Carl working with the Trust to have all fans pulling in the right direction. Simple question, is this possible?

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:55 pm

Madlock wrote:I very rarely post on here or Mike's board, but just wish people would be straight with everything. I appreciate that things happen/are said behind closed doors, but christ, if you have it to say, get it out there.

I'm a paid up member of the Trust, and such I want to have as many people on board as possible. If Carl gets involved, great. His support (as anyones) would be very, very welcome. After meeting Keith, Tim et al a few times, I have faith in them. What I would love to see though, is prominent fans such as Annis and Carl working with the Trust to have all fans pulling in the right direction. Simple question, is this possible?

Madlock I would hope so.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:58 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Madlock wrote:I very rarely post on here or Mike's board, but just wish people would be straight with everything. I appreciate that things happen/are said behind closed doors, but christ, if you have it to say, get it out there.

Madlock I would hope so.

I would Love that to happen.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:02 pm

Cheers Carl, that sounds good. I don't know you, but I admire the fact you post what you know in the majority of cases.

Now, our club needs us as fans more than ever. Can we try and work together please? Personalities should not be a factor here.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:04 pm

Madlock wrote:Now, our club needs us as fans more than ever. Can we try and work together please? Personalities should not be a factor here.

If only - it borders on pathetic at times.

For the last 18 months the club has needed the fans united more than ever, yet the factions seem to be widening :?

Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:13 pm

Yes it would appear there are factions at the moment. This cannot continue. Again, I don't know Carl or Annis personally, but its clear that both have our club's interest at heart from their posts.

Putting it out there... Would a general meeting between this board, Mike's board, the Trust achieve anything do you reckon? What is clear to me... We absolutely MUST bring the fans together.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:14 pm

They started it...

Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:16 pm

nerd wrote:They started it...

Haha, fair play.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:08 am

IMO the Trust has an abundance of intelligent people on board (Tracy Marsh, Keith 62 and Chairman Tim) but they lack natural leadership. Mike Roderick offers some of that but I fear he is carrying too much of a burden.

If he could work with Carl (& Annis if he was to volunteer) then suddenly the Trust would have a natural leadership backed up with professional people who could deal with all the legal/techical stuff.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:26 am

IMO the Trust has an abundance of intelligent people on board (Tracy Marsh, Keith 62 and Chairman Tim) but they lack natural leadership. Mike Roderick offers some of that but I fear he is carrying too much of a burden.

If he could work with Carl (& Annis if he was to volunteer) then suddenly the Trust would have a natural leadership backed up with professional people who could deal with all the legal/techical stuff.

I totally agree , however the Trust had elections recently where members were invited to put their resumes forward and stand for election to the trust board and neither names mentioned stood forward . Id love to have the guys on board BUT it has to be done as per the Trust's constitution :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:17 am

Carl,

I think you should walk away from it - I can see this is a disaster waiting to happen and you will lose all credibility, just my opinion but there are people going to be hunting you down and giving you a dose of payback and I believe will make your position untenable should you be accepted (If you read between the lines)

Just my thoughts