Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE DREAM TEAM

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:07 pm

This is a term that has popped up on this board since the situation involving the possible return of Sam was made public. I wonder how many people see it that way. A lot of people who trust TG (and I am deffo in that camp) may find themselves compromised if TG decides it is the best option for him and the club if Sam is given a role has head oncho over football matters.

Will these people then turn on TG or will they trust his judgement,was Gethin employed by TG or even Borley, if not were they part of the interview process or told by PMG this is who we are employing and like it or lump it.

Has Gethin done enough to impres TG he's the right man for the job because it would appear that he ain't impressed Steve Borley, will he be given more time to prove himself, or as TG seen enough to want to change things around, and at the end of the day, does TG have enough of a say to make those sort of changes anyway, and whilst on the subject of does TG have enough say to change things, in that case if TG is impressed by what Sam has to say and offer, will that be enough to bring Sam back on board in any sort of role.

Will people like Michael Isaacs have a major say in such a move, and will TG have enough support from other directors or shareholders to bring any such a change about.

Also If Tg does want to bring Sam back in and does not get enough support, how do you see that leaving TG and will he still be interested in propping up the club.

Lot's of iffs and buts and a lot of mileage left in this yet. Also from what I'm hearing there is a bit of shifting amongst the camps as often happens when power struggles or boardroom unrest is apparent, people will soon be seen changing allegiances if they see a shift in the power base is likely to happen.

All makes for busy message boards and back pages of news papers. :?:

Re: THE DREAM TEAM

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:48 pm

Gwyn Your right a lot of iffs and none of us at the moment including prob all Our Boardroom know the outcome. Its going to get even more interesting, I can just see it and with that comes more heated debates :lol: :lol:

Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:15 am

Personally, I don't want Sam back in any capacity. We need to move on and having him back looks to me as a backward step, and I am sure I am not alone. I appreciate people sayiong we need a figurehead at the club, and I agree to an extent, but I don't think that he is the correct person. I had a feeling that business at the club was conducted a bit haphazardly when he was here and, apart from buying the club out of his own money, I'm not entirely sure how much more of his own money he put in, hence the huge debt to Langston. And, if he's coming back to look after the football side of things, as he claims, and he says he has a large sum to invest, where is that money coming from? I have heard that previously he was a difficult person to work both for and with, it was either his way or the highway. As he had complete control over the club before, how long will it take before he sees things being run differently from his way of doing things and he tries to meddle?

Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:18 pm

Basically Ii trust TG and will go along with his choice.

I dont really want sam back, maybe we will because we need him maybe Sam will try and force his way in, so many ifs and buts its hard to judge.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:07 pm

A few friends of mine have told me they will not watch the City again if Sam returns. That worries me to think how many more feel that way.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:21 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:A few friends of mine have told me they will not watch the City again if Sam returns. That worries me to think how many more feel that way.

Sorry, but you support your club/club badge who ever the owner is, we support cardiff city no matter what . :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:28 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:A few friends of mine have told me they will not watch the City again if Sam returns. That worries me to think how many more feel that way.

It's like the " I stopped going when they sold Toshack brigade" there have been times that I wish I could have walked away, but I'm stuck with it. Personally speaking I'd still watch the club if the Yorkshire Ripper was running it, people who say they would stop coming are talking through their arse's.

If Sam or any other owner CEO or whatever was involved and got us back on track on and off the pitch we'd be locking the doors an hour before kick off because it would be rammed full.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:39 pm

Sorry, but you support your club/club badge who ever the owner is, we support cardiff city no matter what .

Ive heard people say it as well....same about PR staying previously.