Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

whos right regarding meeting with tg

Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:22 pm

carl saying sam met tg last night,and steve davies saying tg only arrived this morning and went straight to cardiff.who s right,as one been told wrong info.

Re: whos right regarding meeting with tg

Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:28 pm

ngriffiths wrote:carl saying sam met tg last night,and steve davies saying tg only arrived this morning and went straight to cardiff.who s right,as one been told wrong info.

At one time Carl and Steve seemed to complement each other with their messages.

Now they seem to be contradicting each other be nice to know who's source has got it right

Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:36 pm

Perhaps there's some truth in both. If TG was planning to meet Sam today, then it would make sense for Whitely as the club Solicitor to have a possible preliminary meeting with Sam and I'm sure nothing will be solved or changed with just one meeting, no matter who's present.

It would also make sense if TG wanted to keep everything under wraps and low key, some Directors may be dead against Sam meeting TG and in denial. Personally I can't see the harm in at least all parties meeting as they say it's good to talk.

If some Directors want to block such talks, I for one would question why, and surely TG is switched on enough to make his own mind up take in as much information of the people he chooses to and decide on the outcome accordingly.

It would also appear that TG is very much his own man and even some who think they are close to him aren't aware fully of his plans or his movements. Time will tell (or even Carl might for that matter)

Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:42 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Perhaps there's some truth in both. If TG was planning to meet Sam today, then it would make sense for Whitely as the club Solicitor to have a possible preliminary meeting with Sam and I'm sure nothing will be solved or changed with just one meeting, no matter who's present.

It would also make sense if TG wanted to keep everything under wraps and low key, some Directors may be dead against Sam meeting TG and in denial. Personally I can't see the harm in at least all parties meeting as they say it's good to talk.

If some Directors want to block such talks, I for one would question why, and surely TG is switched on enough to make his own mind up take in as much information of the people he chooses to and decide on the outcome accordingly.

It would also appear that TG is very much his own man and even some who think they are close to him aren't aware fully of his plans or his movements. Time will tell (or even Carl might for that matter)

And of course they could have had a video conference

So both could be right

Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:55 pm

:roll: im going to bed my heads cooked

Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:23 pm

confused.com ;)

Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:17 am

ngriffiths wrote:carl saying sam met tg last night,and steve davies saying tg only arrived this morning and went straight to cardiff.who s right,as one been told wrong info.

so there's no confusion
terry phillips ran a story in the echo yesterday and also told all and sundry that a meeting was taking place between sam and tg monday night in london.
i questioned the validity of that because i knew he was arriving tuesday morning from malaysia and that a car had been organised to pick him up.
in fairness to carl i spoke to him and he made a number of phone calls where people including terry insisted the meeting was actually taking place.
on that basis carl quite rightly run the story and i thought i had got it wrong.
It would seem to me that some parties(including people from within the club) are using this board for their own ulterior motives.
i reiterate tg landed tuesday morning was picked up by a car organised by steve and taken straight to cardiff

Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:17 am

so there's no confusion
terry phillips ran a story in the echo yesterday and also told all and sundry that a meeting was taking place between sam and tg monday night in london.
i questioned the validity of that because i knew he was arriving tuesday morning from malaysia and that a car had been organised to pick him up.
in fairness to carl i spoke to him and he made a number of phone calls where people including terry insisted the meeting was actually taking place.
on that basis carl quite rightly run the story and i thought i had got it wrong.
It would seem to me that some parties(including people from within the club) are using this board for their own ulterior motives.
i reiterate tg landed tuesday morning was picked up by a car organised by steve and taken straight to cardiff

Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:23 am

Im getting a bit pissed off with all this now , 1 person posting something then another providing so called facts to contradict the other !! Sort it out guys before ALL of u start losing credabililty amongst us fans !!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:33 am

thanks steve,was getting confused.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:35 am

Maybe it's best to say f**k all, the truth will emerge eventually somewhere along the line, most of the rumours emerging from CCS at the moment are depressing anyway, Ridsdale it seems was conjuring up a multitude of sins behind the scenes and it will take a magician to put them all right again, but I have faith in TG and VT to eventually get to the bottom of all the shite and put us back on the straight and narrow.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:36 am

Think I might just get back to worrying about lack of signings!

Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:01 am

Eddie May wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:Perhaps there's some truth in both. If TG was planning to meet Sam today, then it would make sense for Whitely as the club Solicitor to have a possible preliminary meeting with Sam and I'm sure nothing will be solved or changed with just one meeting, no matter who's present.

i heard some sort of meetings did take place monday night, but not tg, but sam and other people from our club, preparing it for a meeting with tg.

Who were these "other people from our club"? Your source must have given names.

If he says it was Alan Whiteley or Gethin Jenkins ,who would be the only people with authority to meet SH on behalf of the club , then that would be easy to check if there is any truth in the claim.