Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MIKE RODERICK DISAPPEARS

Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:14 am

Without wishing to provoke any further discussion about the rights and wrongs of my chat to Carl, just letting you know that my resignation from the Trust Board wasn't accepted last night.

I've decided to retire "Dreamlike or Chic". A naff username but an exact anagram of Michael Roderick. I will continue to read this board with interest and to contribute but under a new username from now on. I'm sure you'll understand.

For those bored with all this Trust guff, sorry to have taken your time.

Re: MIKE RODERICK DISAPPEARS

Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:16 am

mike, dont worry about it, dont get involed, you try and help and all the kids and snipers just have a go at you, just step back, watch the football and enjoy :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:19 am

keep up the good work Mike :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:31 am

That's great news for you and the Trust Mike, yes it was an awkward situation yesterday, but the honest and professional way you dealt with it proved that you are just the sort of person that the Trust needs. Keep up the good work and best of luck for the future.

:ayatollah:

Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:34 am

Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:That's great news for you and the Trust Mike, yes it was an awkward situation yesterday, but the honest and professional way you dealt with it proved that you are just the sort of person that the Trust needs. Keep up the good work and best of luck for the future.

Hiya mate! Alright? :lol: :lol:

Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:34 am

All the best for the Future Mike :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:36 am

Mike you been like a breath of fresh air to the Trust and you have nothing to be ashamed of.Someone posted that the people who do nothing rarely make mistakes,I still don't see the approach you took as a mistake and I for one know that Carl would have been a huge asset to the Trust, so I can't fault you for trying to do something about it.

I still support the aims of the Trust and the need for one, some may think otherwise, Do I agree with everything they do, no I don't but that's natural and healthy in my opinion. I was tempted to try and play a part, but new deep down I couldn't work under the PC total democratic approach that they are tied to. Now that ain't a criticism of their methods, more an acceptance of my limitations to be able to work under those constraints. I will just be a coward and let people with more tolerance do their best. It nearly drove Corky mad and we can't have two lunatics in the same village.lol :old:

Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:52 am

Ben wrote:mike, dont worry about it, dont get involed, you try and help and all the kids and snipers just have a go at you, just step back, watch the football and enjoy :ayatollah:

best post youve ever done Ben, i dont agree Mike i say continue on the mb's, as other wise the snipers will have won.
your a good chap mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:41 am

The Trust needs new ideas and certainly a new appraoch. It would totally senseless for the only person on the TB who displays not only an ability to come up with new ideas but the courage and will to see them through, to resign.

Mike don’t let this recent experience break your spirit as you are a great bloke and a natural for the Trust Board with your ideas and drive.

I suppose in future you will have to run your ideas past the TB first, but that shouldn’t be viewed as a bar to pursuing a radical agenda aimed at making the Trust more appealing to the wider fan base.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:58 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:The Trust needs new ideas and certainly a new appraoch. It would totally senseless for the only person on the TB who displays not only an ability to come up with new ideas but the courage and will to see them through, to resign.

thats a bit disparaging to the other board members in all honesty.

and the trust was a worse day when resigned, there was a man with energy and drive.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:13 am

Dreamlike or Chic wrote:Without wishing to provoke any further discussion about the rights and wrongs of my chat to Carl, just letting you know that my resignation from the Trust Board wasn't accepted last night.

I've decided to retire "Dreamlike or Chic". A naff username but an exact anagram of Michael Roderick. I will continue to read this board with interest and to contribute but under a new username from now on. I'm sure you'll understand.

For those bored with all this Trust guff, sorry to have taken your time.

Sigh of relief by me.

When I read the subject heading , I thought you had been kidnapped by Annis :lol:

What you didn`t say in your post , because you are too modest, is that the Trust board unanimously refused to accept your resignation and asked you stay on to continue your much valued contribution to the Trust.

Keith

Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:26 am

Feedback wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:The Trust needs new ideas and certainly a new appraoch. It would totally senseless for the only person on the TB who displays not only an ability to come up with new ideas but the courage and will to see them through, to resign.

I have openly acknowledged the positive traits of Tracy Marsh, Tim Hartley and Keith '62 on another thread about this subject and I am happy to again say they are very intelligent people who bring a touch of professionalism to the TB.

Mike however is different and I have highlighted his best skills which the others do lack (it takes all sorts to make a TB). I think the TB themselves have acknowledged that by unanimously rejecting his offer to resign, something that didn't happen when your hero offered his....

Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:31 am

Mike, Owain can rename your account AFAIK.

Don't let the haters drive you away.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:38 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Feedback wrote:

I have openly acknowledged the positive traits of Tracy Marsh, Tim Hartley and Keith '62 on another thread about this subject and I am happy to again say they are very intelligent people who bring a touch of professionalism to the TB.

Mike however is different and I have highlighted his best skills which the others do lack (it takes all sorts to make a TB). I think the TB themselves have acknowledged that by unanimously rejecting his offer to resign, something that didn't happen when your hero offered his....

I don't do hero's, sorry you've got the wrong person

there was a clear inference that only Mike had the ability to take the trust forward, which is utter nonsense of course. for the avoidance of doubt, i have made bold your comment.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:52 am

Feedback wrote:
I don't do hero's, sorry you've got the wrong person

there was a clear inference that only Mike had the ability to take the trust forward, which is utter nonsense of course. for the avoidance of doubt, i have made bold your comment.

That might have been your inference but my inference was that Mike could take the Trust forward because he has bold ideas and the drive to see them through. I also acknowledged the other TB members have their own traits.

If you wish to shit stir then carry on making a fool of yourself, I have explained my position and don't intend spending all day playing silly message tennis about your warped understanding of the world.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:37 am

Mike should not go anywhere but stay put. Ok, the Carl saga could have been handled better. A mistake was made but at least that was admitted and an aplogise was made. Perhaps thats one of the reasons Mike resignation was rejected. Too right. What a refreshing change to see a high profile individual act so honestly, well done Mike.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:43 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Mike should not go anywhere but stay put. Ok, the Carl saga could have been handled better. A mistake was made but at least that was admitted and an aplogise was made. Perhaps thats one of the reasons Mike resignation was rejected. Too right. What a refreshing change to see a high profile individual act so honestly, well done Mike.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:41 pm

Mike

good luck I have enjoyed your posts, i feel the trust needs you more than you need the trust a breath of fresh air

Sack

Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:48 pm

good news mike........... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:36 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:That might have been your inference but my inference was that Mike could take the Trust forward because he has bold ideas and the drive to see them through. I also acknowledged the other TB members have their own traits.

that may be the case but you clearly stated only mike has the necessary skills to make bold decisions and see them through

Tony Blue Williams wrote:If you wish to shit stir then carry on making a fool of yourself

no-one is shit stirring, no one is making a fool of their self. All that I have done is repeat verbatim your own words and commeted on the fact it is disparaging to the other TB members

Tony Blue Williams wrote: I have explained my position and don't intend spending all day playing silly message tennis

good because this thread has already taken me to new uncharted levels of tedium

Tony Blue Williams wrote:about your warped understanding of the world.

warped as it doesn't agree with your own view

tres charmant

Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:45 pm

But not in this case.

His comment was both disparaging and insulting.

He should withdraw it and apologise.