Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

England go up in the FIFA rankings

Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:37 am

why the hell have englandstarn gone up 1 place in the fifa rankings? they were the shitest side at the world cup?

load of bollacks

Re: England go up in the FIFA rankings

Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:39 am

I bet all the teams were given points for qualifying etc ?

Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:45 am

Ben wrote:why the hell have englandstarn gone up 1 place in the fifa rankings? they were the shitest side at the world cup?

load of bollacks

I thought they dropped to like 13th/15th?

Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:48 am

I really don't see the point in these rankings and pay no attention to them. From what I can see, the seedings for any qualifying stages don't go by the rankings but by performances in previous competitions, so why have them? Brazil will always be number 1, no matter who wins the World Cup, so it's largely a pointless exercise

Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:49 am

Ben wrote:why the hell have englandstarn gone up 1 place in the fifa rankings? they were the shitest side at the world cup?

load of bollacks

now thats a f joke :evil:

Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:02 am

Esactly, how the f**k are Brazil the number one team when Spain just one the world Cup, So surely spain are the best :? :shock:

Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:06 am

tomCCFC wrote:Esactly, how the f**k are Brazil the number one team when Spain just one the world Cup, So surely spain are the best :? :shock:

It's a joke. After Italy won the World Cup, I don't think they ever made the top spot. If you win the World Cup, surely number 1 is a default position?

Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:11 am

Dafydd wrote:

load of bollacks

I thought they dropped to like 13th/15th?

Wrong ranking system - that was for World Cup only