Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

This Hammam/TG Meeting?

Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:38 am

So Carl in fairness was correct, Carl stated a couple of weeks ago that SH was to offer 12 mill, presuming that is correct also, this will be a big test on TG to his future plans i would have thought. Turn it down and go it alone because it doesnt look likely of any other's coming forward with investment for the Club, which is clear needs investment. Thats of course if the offer is actually made. I doubt we will ever know really.

Re: This Hammam/TG Meeting?

Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:42 am

Daya wrote:So Carl in fairness was correct, Carl stated a couple of weeks ago that SH was to offer 12 mill, presuming that is correct also, this will be a big test on TG to his future plans i would have thought. Turn it down and go it alone because it doesnt look likely of any other's coming forward with investment for the Club, which is clear needs investment. Thats of course if the offer is actually made. I doubt we will ever know really.

There is a good chance a book will be written about it all at sometime, just not now :lol:

Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:44 am

Daya wrote:So Carl in fairness was correct, Carl stated a couple of weeks ago that SH was to offer 12 mill, presuming that is correct also, this will be a big test on TG to his future plans i would have thought. Turn it down and go it alone because it doesnt look likely of any other's coming forward with investment for the Club, which is clear needs investment. Thats of course if the offer is actually made. I doubt we will ever know really.

will any offer from Sam will have to have to majority vote from the board or the shareholders and does Sam still have shares ? :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:46 am

but steve the malaysians were aware of the debts prior to signing up so why did they not involve sam in those negotiations and due diligence if they wanted a partnership.
most of this is being driven by the i want sam back brigade led by terry phillips and for one i hope they do meet and resolve the issue so that the malaysians can carry on with repairing the damage left by the two previous regimes
i also dont expect sam to be returning to the football club soon

Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:49 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

There is a good chance a book will be written about it all at sometime, just not now :lol:

Have we got anyone who'd be able to write one? :lol:

Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:54 am

Ross Young wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Have we got anyone who'd be able to write one? :lol:

:lol: There must be someone :lol:

Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:01 am

steve davies wrote:

but steve the malaysians were aware of the debts prior to signing up so why did they not involve sam in those negotiations and due diligence if they wanted a partnership.
most of this is being driven by the i want sam back brigade led by terry phillips and for one i hope they do meet and resolve the issue so that the malaysians can carry on with repairing the damage left by the two previous regimes

When they signed up though the Premiership was looming Steve. Theres two ways to look at it,

A. Billionaires take a 6 mill punt ( like us putting 100 quid on red or black)

B. They are in for the long term project.

Time will tell.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:31 am

Daya wrote:
steve davies wrote:

When they signed up though the Premiership was looming Steve. Theres two ways to look at it,

Time will tell.

Its clear they had to meet with Sam to sort the biggest and arguably most troublesome debt.

IF Sam offers to convert it to shares and put money in then this could well force the malaysians into showing their 'hand' abit quicker.

Accept -and they are showing they want to work with partners, turn it down and they want to play it alone.

Although i have my doubts that Sam's involvement could ever work, surely its good news that these discussions have begun.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:17 pm

["Daya"][="steve davies"][qDaya"]So Carl in fairness was correct, Carl stated a couple of weeks ago that SH was to offer 12 mill, presuming that is correct also, this will be a big test on TG to his future plans i would have thought. Turn it down and go it alone because it doesnt look likely of any other's coming forward with investment for the Club, which is clear needs investment. Thats of course if the offer is actually made. I doubt we will ever know really.

Time will tell.[/quote]

steve the premiership was not looming back in november and certainly not in january when they rentered negotiations
the one thing that has become clear this morning is that the malaysians are displeased that their private and confidential meetings with langston are being spread all over the internet and by the local press.
lets hope today dosent break the camels back

Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:43 pm

FAO: Steve Davies

Steve, my biggest concern is the involvement of PMG and I see Sam (or 100% TG) as a way of removing their interests. I personally have no faith PMG's involvement with Cardiff City FC. As an outsider looking in, it just looks like they have seen an opportunity to capitalise, they removed Sam and then proceeded to systematically stripped us of every asset we had. I accept that they have made certain things possible, but for me it has been at a far too higher price and we're now left with a club that cannot finance itself as all of its assets have been stripped by PMG.

I know you have posted in support of PMG in the past, so I am genuinely interested in your thoughts as you have a more detailed understanding than me. Have I missed something or is my interpretation too simplistic?

Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:50 pm

steve davies wrote:["Daya"][="steve davies"][qDaya"]So Carl in fairness was correct, Carl stated a couple of weeks ago that SH was to offer 12 mill, presuming that is correct also, this will be a big test on TG to his future plans i would have thought. Turn it down and go it alone because it doesnt look likely of any other's coming forward with investment for the Club, which is clear needs investment. Thats of course if the offer is actually made. I doubt we will ever know really.

Time will tell.

steve the premiership was not looming back in november and certainly not in january when they rentered negotiations
the one thing that has become clear this morning is that the malaysians are displeased that their private and confidential meetings with langston are being spread all over the internet and by the local press.
lets hope today dosent break the camels back[/quote]
So when I was saying all this hear say and tittle tattle was wrong, could be counter productive and may piss the Malaysians right off and could lead to them pulling the rug from under us, I may not have been far off the mark :lol: I was persuaded otherwise by Annis and others stating that good news or bad should be reported on this forum but I am now minded to believe that would only be valid if this news can be 100% substantiated and is not just rumour mongering put out there by one party or another as part of their own agendas within the club. Could it be that the Malaysians may very well put down the big fist down today and lay down a bit of law? Something has to be done because all this rumour mongering is doing the club no good at all. My own preference is that the Malaysians buy us out lock stock and barrel and install their own people at the CCS and put the place in lockdown so that they can get on with sorting out the mess in peace.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:00 pm

[ihatealiens"]["steve davies"]["Daya"][="steve davies"][qDaya"]So Carl in fairness was correct, Carl stated a couple of weeks ago that SH was to offer 12 mill, presuming that is correct also, this will be a big test on TG to his future plans i would have thought. Turn it down and go it alone because it doesnt look likely of any other's coming forward with investment for the Club, which is clear needs investment. Thats of course if the offer is actually made. I doubt we will ever know really.

Time will tell.

lets hope today dosent break the camels back[/quote]
So when I was saying all this hear say and tittle tattle was wrong, could be counter productive and may piss the Malaysians right off and could lead to them pulling the rug from under us, I may not have been far off the mark :lol: I was persuaded otherwise by Annis and others stating that good news or bad should be reported on this forum but I am now minded to believe that would only be valid if this news can be 100% substantiated and is not just rumour mongering put out there by one party or another as part of their own agendas within the club. Could it be that the Malaysians may very well put down the big fist down today and lay down a bit of law? Something has to be done because all this rumour mongering is doing the club no good at all. My own preference is that the maslaysians buy us out lock stock and barral and install their own people at the CCS and put the place in lockdown so that they can get on with sorting out the mess in peace.[/quote]

aliens

i believe the last fortnight has been quite harmful in the way the malaysians view the club now
they have come in and bailed the club out some 5 days from liquidation and despite asking the question several times now where was sam then .
they have obviously got huge problems with the club staff leaking stories to the press and a local journalist who was always prepared to print anything the riddler told him has now moved onto writing stories on behalf of sam.
i know that you have contact by e.mail etc so you can probably see like me the damage tis is doing.
i believe that tg has now gone to london with the sole intent of putting this langston issue to rest and when that is resolved there will be hopefully the iron fist that is needed to restore parity to the club

Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:02 pm

I agree the club needs to go into lockdown a lot of damage has been done recently

Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:57 pm

Eddie May wrote:I agree with dayo, Carl said Sam would get a meeting with Tg a while back, yes dates cant be guaranteed, bit its happening, yet all people do is have a go at Carl, they dont say well done when he is right which is 98% of the time.

Eddie nobody is criticising carl my own personal view is that he and this forum have been used slightly by sam to get a foothold in the front door.
there are threads on here where people are now saying carl annis and gwyn should keep quiet about whats going on but less than a fortnight ago everybody was having their say in the local rag in another terry phillips exclusive interview with sam and members of this forum.
members of this forum also met with sam in london.
the problem is this forum is presenting one side of the coin all the time and that is sams side nobody has approached tg that im aware for his side of the story regarding the langston payments.
can you not see to other posters that its coming across as print what sam wants printed and then keep quiet when sam wants things kept quiet.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:11 pm

Eddie May wrote:I agree with dayo, Carl said Sam would get a meeting with Tg a while back, yes dates cant be guaranteed, bit its happening, yet all people do is have a go at Carl, they dont say well done when he is right which is 98% of the time.

exactly.
where are the snipers now?

Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:34 pm

I think that, finally, people are getting the message here.

Certain influencial members of this board have been peddling Hammams rhetoric for some time now. A lot of the negative stuff about the club, particularly around PMG and the CEO, has clearly been orchestrated by Hammams lackies on here. Sadly, some people will do anything to see their hero return and to feel important again.

Self interest, rather than the right thing for our club has caused great division amongst our supporters, the majority of whom can see exactly what has been happening.

I know that the more myopic on here will refuse to accept this and resort to their usual stance but "the truth" will out one day. The usual suspects will say that they know "the truth" when, in fact, the only "truth" they know will be from Sam Hammam!!

It may be time to dig out those "T" shirts again lads :lol:

Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:37 pm

steve davies wrote:

Eddie nobody is criticising carl my own personal view is that he and this forum have been used slightly by sam to get a foothold in the front door.
there are threads on here where people are now saying carl annis and gwyn should keep quiet about whats going on but less than a fortnight ago everybody was having their say in the local rag in another terry phillips exclusive interview with sam and members of this forum.
members of this forum also met with sam in london.
the problem is this forum is presenting one side of the coin all the time and that is sams side nobody has approached tg that im aware for his side of the story regarding the langston payments.
can you not see to other posters that its coming across as print what sam wants printed and then keep quiet when sam wants things kept quiet.

Well said Steve

Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:42 pm

Claude Blue wrote:I think that, finally, people are getting the message here.

Certain influencial members of this board have been peddling Hammams rhetoric for some time now. A lot of the negative stuff about the club, particularly around PMG and the CEO, has clearly been orchestrated by Hammams lackies on here. Sadly, some people will do anything to see their hero return and to feel important again.

Self interest, rather than the right thing for our club has caused great division amongst our supporters, the majority of whom can see exactly what has been happening.

I know that the more myopic on here will refuse to accept this and resort to their usual stance but "the truth" will out one day. The usual suspects will say that they know "the truth" when, in fact, the only "truth" they know will be from Sam Hammam!!

Hmm, you're saying PMG are currently investing in the club then?

Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:48 pm

Where have I said that?

Some months ago I strongly supported the Trusts statement about PMG.

Like the Trust I was villified on here.

Why have so many of you changed your view?

Orders from Hammam perhaps?

Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:06 pm

nerd wrote:

How do you treat the £7-£9m they have loaned to the club and £2-3m worth of shares they own ?

They have 'invested' more than TG & VT at the moment.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:19 pm

Claude Blue wrote:Where have I said that?

Some months ago I strongly supported the Trusts statement about PMG.

Like the Trust I was villified on here.

Why have so many of you changed your view?

Orders from Hammam perhaps?

Because, Claude, there's a differnce you seem unable to grasp.

Before, invest to protect their interests.

Now, invet nothing, let Malaysians bear the brunt of it al.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:20 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
nerd wrote:

How do you treat the £7-£9m they have loaned to the club and £2-3m worth of shares they own ?

Note the word "currently".

Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:24 pm

Respect to carl,annis and gwyn for keep us so well informed and updated and total respect for now keeping quite when asked to do so, for the sake of cardiff city :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:33 pm

And themselves and, of course, Sam Hammam.

I admire your loyalty Gwyn!!!

Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:50 pm

Claude is now convinced that I'm longlegs or whatever this week, Claude just to put your little mind to rest,at present I am in St Ives Cornwall, using my dongle (oh vicar you must stop) to keep in touch with the soap opera called Cardiff City, now I'm no computer wizard but I'm sure if you look at the IP's (and I don't know how you do it but I have been aware of others doing it in the past, especially when Dayo was at his peak.lol)

You will be able to tell that who ever Longlegs is and who ever I am ( my God even i'm getting confused now) are in totally different parts of the country separated by around 200+ miles if they are in the South Wales area, please get someone to check it for you so you can move on.

Mind you I could be phoning a mate back home and telling him what to post in my alias but if you think it means that much to me, then carry on thinking what you want to, I'll just get stuck into my Cornish Pasties and cream teas, who ate all the pies, who ate all the pies, this fat b*stard this fat b*stard, that's why I'm this size. :D

Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:56 pm

but hav'nt they taken land in part payment for these amounts? if so thats not investment thats a sale/purchase

Time will tell.

i believe there is an ulteria motive or a bigger plan for our humble club as far as the billionaires are concerned, this is a grip/foothold into europe for vinny and his cosway company
sort of i have recovered your football tem you give me building permission (to cardiff city council)

http://www.berjaya.com/cosway.htm

Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:08 pm

"steve the premiership was not looming back in november and certainly not in january when they rentered negotiations
lets hope today dosent break the camels back
steve davies

Steve, did no one warn them about the Goldfish bowl of Cardiff City especially as well as football? They cant be that displeased as they met SH today anyway and are probably aware that SH fed that information to a certain few. If TG was displeased his displeasure surely would have been vented at todays meeting? SH telling things to his group, is no difference to SB telling you surely? Thats the gossip world surrounding football clubs i guess.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:28 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:

but hav'nt they taken land in part payment for these amounts? if so thats not investment thats a sale/purchase

No. That paid off PART of what they were owed, which at the time was nearly £10m.

It accounted for £1.8/£1.9m of the debt, although it seems they had to shell out towrd the wages around the same time, hence my figure of £9-£7m STILL OWED to them.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:34 pm

Hmm, you're saying PMG are currently investing in the club then?[/quote]

They have 'invested' more than TG & VT at the moment.[/quote]

Note the word "currently".[/quote]

Yeah, CURRENTLY they have invested in the club at least £10m :lol:

Maybe they thing they have done their bit and with a far richer person in the wings looking to progress things further don't see much point in putting more in. Given some of the unwarranted sh1t they have to put up with its hardly suprising.

Personally I believe the opportuinity is there for TG to do a deal with PMG to clear up their debt as well - without paying it all. I'm sure he's aware of this too.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:49 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Hmm, you're saying PMG are currently investing in the club then?

They have 'invested' more than TG & VT at the moment.[/quote]

Note the word "currently".[/quote]

Yeah, CURRENTLY they have invested in the club at least £10m :lol:

Maybe they thing they have done their bit and with a far richer person in the wings looking to progress things further don't see much point in putting more in. Given some of the unwarranted sh1t they have to put up with its hardly suprising.

Personally I believe the opportuinity is there for TG to do a deal with PMG to clear up their debt as well - without paying it all. I'm sure he's aware of this too.[/quote]

Nope,they historically invested. Do keep up.

Put money in to keep club afloat, secure interests. Malaysians now involved, content to let them fund it all...

Of course PMG will do a deal if offered.The profits they make long term mean they can write some money off.