Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Boro/Norwich make a couple of Good signings

Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:46 am

Boro sign Alan Thomsom from rangers for 2 million

Norwich sign Simeon Jackson on a free from Gillingham ( I think this is a good signing)

Re: Boro/Norwich make a couple of Good signings

Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:34 am

Middlesborough will attract alot of good players. They are getting quite nicely for a challenge this year. After removing Southgate and putting Strachan in place I can see it starting to look good there. The only issue I would have is that they are rebuilding their team and the gel factor might be missing.

Middlesborough remind me of Forest last season when they got rid of Calderwood and brought in Davies the season before. Davies managed to work with what he had there and started to build a team that looked like Championship quality. He carried this onto last season which nearly paid off for them. Davies started his rebuild half way through the previous season while Strachan is doing it now. That could be Middlesborough downfall.

Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:37 am

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Boro sign Alan Thomsom from rangers for 2 million

Norwich sign Simeon Jackson on a free from Gillingham ( I think this is a good signing)

Kevin Thomson :lol:

Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:58 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Middlesborough will attract alot of good players. They are getting quite nicely for a challenge this year. After removing Southgate and putting Strachan in place I can see it starting to look good there. The only issue I would have is that they are rebuilding their team and the gel factor might be missing.

You ignore the one massive issue.

Strachan is a shit manager.

Replace Southgate for the crime of being just outside the playoff spots, boy, Strachan worked his magic there as they fell down the table...

Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:11 pm

I think Jackson could have been a good signing

Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:20 pm

nerd wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Middlesborough will attract alot of good players. They are getting quite nicely for a challenge this year. After removing Southgate and putting Strachan in place I can see it starting to look good there. The only issue I would have is that they are rebuilding their team and the gel factor might be missing.

Replace Southgate for the crime of being just outside the playoff spots, boy, Strachan worked his magic there as they fell down the table...

Strachan lost all the good players. The team we played up their way was a different team we played down CCS.

Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:52 pm

nerd wrote:

Got to agree with you.

great squad -shite manager.

One thing though, I thought they were 2nd in the table when Southgate was sacked ?

Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:51 pm

Jackson was not free the fee is rumoured to be £600k. Got a mate who is a gillingham fan and apparently Jacksons not all that. End of last season he struggled to get in their team