Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Stability

Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:07 am

Over the past few days I've read a few negative posts, on this website, and can't help feeling that things are not as bad as are being made out.

Around March time I personally would have just been happy to have a club to watch.

The position, as I see it, is as follows:

HMRC
-------
We are not out of the woods but we are not public enemy number 1 anymore. Our perception has therefore improved with them.

PLAYERS
----------
Following the Wembley defeat there was talk of us losing half our side.

With the exception of Ledley, who incidently missed half of last season, we still have the same side who got us to Wembley

Plus Drinkwater who looks very promising.

EMBARGO
------------
A few weeks ago it was HMRC, Accounts filing and Charlton.

These hurdles have almost now been overcome. We are moving forward!

DAVE JONES
---------------
If he is going so what!

Managers come managers go. The fact is that DJ has not got us out of this division and at times, in my opinion, has been very tactically niaive with his formations.

SAM
-----
How good is it to learn that TG and Sam are talking.

Sam is a bit like marmite. You either love him or loathe him (I like him) but his heart and passion are in the right place.

The very fact that he wants to talk to TG and resolve the issues are a credit to him. Remember, due to PR not signing the so
documents, Langston could ask for £24m - The fact that Sam is not insisting on this shows there is trust there.

Rome wasn't built in a day. We have our problems but they are gradually being resolved and with TG on board (and hopefully soon Sam) we could very soon be leaving our problems behind us and really start to move forward

Re: Stability

Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:21 am

Morning Paul I like your optimism but for me the last 2 months have taken their toll. I alas am not feeling upbeat like you. Good post though. ;)

HMRC
-------
We are not out of the woods but we are not public enemy number 1 anymore. Our perception has therefore improved with them.

WE WILL BE ON THE 11TH AUGUST - NOT SURE HOW MANY OTHER CLUBS ARE IN ARREARS TO THE TUNE OF 2.4 MILLION ?

PLAYERS
----------
Following the Wembley defeat there was talk of us losing half our side.

With the exception of Ledley, who incidently missed half of last season, we still have the same side who got us to Wembley

Plus Drinkwater who looks very promising.

AS WE GET CLOSER TO 11TH AUGUST I WOULDN'T HOLD MY BREATH THAT WE WON'T SEE A FIRE SALE.

AND AS THINGS CURRENTLY STAND WE CANNOT PLAY DRINKWATER

EMBARGO
------------
ACCOUNTS ARE FILED GREAT - BUT STILL AN EMBARGO - WITH ONE OR TWO INJURIES/SALES WE WILL BE IN THE RELEGATION MIS. SO UNTIL WE PAY THE TAX AND CHARLTON THEN I WON'T BE DRINKING CHAMPAGNE.

DAVE JONES
---------------
SO WHO WOULD YOU GIVE THE JOB TO ?

SAM
-----
AGREE WITH YOU ON THIS FRONT BUT MAYBE JUST MAYBE THEY WANTED ANSWERS FROM HIM SO THEY COULD FINALISE THE ACCOUNTS NOTHING MORE ?

Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:17 am

100% agree with Paul......all looking good, all positive and onwards and upwards. If you're feeling down and negative --- go and watch someone else perhaps as we don't want the moaning brigade around us this season!!

Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:57 am

Saddles I won't be moaning once the season starts and we thump the blades four nil but there is not much to be positive about off the field yet