Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHATS EVERY1'S VIEWS IF THIS HAPPENED

Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:37 pm

The new Cardiff investor will buy out the shares manager Dave Jones holds in the club as part of a contract pay off.

Chairman Ridsdale has already agreed a meeting this week with available manager Darren Ferguson who is free since being released by Peterbrough.

I HONESTLY THINK IT COULD BE A GOOD MOVE

Re: WHATS EVERY1'S VIEWS IF THIS HAPPENED

Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:40 pm

Blue_Stef wrote:The new Cardiff investor will buy out the shares manager Dave Jones holds in the club as part of a contract pay off.

Chairman Ridsdale has already agreed a meeting this week with available manager Darren Ferguson who is free since being released by Peterbrough.

The CHAMPAGNE WOULD BE FLOWING, But We can only dream :?

Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:41 pm

Blue_Stef wrote:The new Cardiff investor will buy out the shares manager Dave Jones holds in the club as part of a contract pay off.

Hmmm, and Darron Gibson on loan to his son.....

Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:44 pm

Annis you never know could be a fiarytale for the club hahaa

Sack Jones bring in fergie

Alex sends us Gibson on loan

Every1 wins

p.s you dont have to shave your hair off if we get promoted either

Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:50 pm

Blue_Stef wrote:Annis you never know could be a fiarytale for the club hahaa

Sack Jones bring in fergie

Alex sends us Gibson on loan

Every1 wins

p.s you dont have to shave your hair off if we get promoted either

:lol:

I only had to, to the key board Warrior MB and as I am NO PART OF IT NOW, You wouldnt like to hear what I would say to them Snipers.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:51 pm

:lol:

Hopefully this rumour does happen

so the best does happen for the club

Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:11 am

but you must ask youselves will thee be cash available to him..?......

Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:41 am

Why does anyone think Darren Fergusson could do a better job than Dave Jones..... He was just sacked for under achieving

Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:11 am

mp4-12c wrote:Why does anyone think Darren Fergusson could do a better job than Dave Jones..... He was just sacked for under achieving

It's purely the reflected glory of his father. There's little substance to his own achievements to date.

Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:24 am

Gerry Hat Trick wrote:
mp4-12c wrote:Why does anyone think Darren Fergusson could do a better job than Dave Jones..... He was just sacked for under achieving

It's purely the reflected glory of his father. There's little substance to his own achievements to date.

No, 2 successive promotions is really, really abysmal. Especially with no money.

Face facts. Darren Ferguson got success with Peterboro without raking up a £30m debt. He got a team playing good passing football with a cutting edge. This level, realistically needed backing from his board - a board who gave him a lengthy extension when Reading were sniffing around.

But still, he must be shit compared to DJ. I mean, it's not like when we actually pass the ball we look a good team. It's not like Ferguson would be thus ideally suited to get the best out of the squad we have.

Continue celebrating mediocrity, enjoy being average, never strive to achieve because of fear of failing...

Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:27 am

We are currently more successful than anytime in the last forty years

Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:41 am

mp4-12c wrote:We are currently more successful than anytime in the last forty years

It's very hard to argue with that but it can also be argued that we can get no higher under current management. Whilst in sight of a premiership place our expectations are somewhat heightened.

Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:51 am

mp4-12c wrote:We are currently more successful than anytime in the last forty years

Which is a function of the league more than anything, given the nature and amount of "upsets".

Seriously, do you *believe* that claim of yours is somehow THE most important claim? Do you not feel DJ's proven record over 4, 5 season of providing inconsistent teams, falling away at the end of the season, inability to deal with the problem area of central midfield, inability to adapt tactics during games is, you know, somewhat more important?

Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:58 am

There are hundreds of elements of evidence why Jones is not doing a good job and your points are above salient. There are also many on the good job he is doing, can he find a Chris Burke or Jay Bothroyd performer for the central midfield we can only pray.

Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:07 am

It wont happen, theres no way Ridsdale will get rid of his puppet, see here :- http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 434245.stm
the only way to get rid of Jones will be to get rid of Ridsdale first :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:39 am

nerd wrote:

Which is a function of the league more than anything, given the nature and amount of "upsets".

Seriously, do you *believe* that claim of yours is somehow THE most important claim? Do you not feel DJ's proven record over 4, 5 season of providing inconsistent teams, falling away at the end of the season, inability to deal with the problem area of central midfield, inability to adapt tactics during games is, you know, somewhat more important?

That is so true!

Team L
Newcastle 3
Nottm Forest 3
West Brom 4
Leicester 5
Swansea 5
Blackpool 6
Crystal Palace 6
Bristol City 6
Sheff Utd 7
QPR 7
Doncaster 7
Ipswich 7
Cardiff 8
Watford 8
Barnsley 8
Preston 8
Middlesbrough 10
Coventry 10
Reading 11
Derby 12
Scunthorpe 12
Sheff Wed 12
Peterborough 12
Plymouth 14

The above is a table based on lost matches this year. We sit in a distinctly mediocre position and though I would have to do some more research on the relevance of overall losses on those sides who are promoted, I think it is reasonable to expect that for this table, the promoted sides will come from those who have lost six or less games at this stage of the season. Although my tips for promotion are Newcastle, WBA and since I saw them in Cardiff, Forest.