Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

a true story to put a smile on your face

Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:59 pm

im working with some groundworkers and they were telling me that they are doing a job on hadfield rd,next to the petrol station.they had to dismantle a car wash and concrete the area it had stood,so as part of the deal the boss of the groundwork firm said as part payment he would dispose of the carwash for the client.he valued the car wash at between £10000 and £15000,so he told an employee to advertise carwash on ebay,this was promptly done and having forgot about the item a email arrived from ebay to confirm that the carwash had sold.it had been sold for the grand total of £10.50p,the employee that had advertised the carwash had forgotten to p[ut a reserve on the item and a lady in scotland is now the proud owner of a very cheap carwash :D :D :D

Re: a true story to put a smile on your face

Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:31 pm

krab wrote:im working with some groundworkers and they were telling me that they are doing a job on hadfield rd,next to the petrol station.they had to dismantle a car wash and concrete the area it had stood,so as part of the deal the boss of the groundwork firm said as part payment he would dispose of the carwash for the client.he valued the car wash at between £10000 and £15000,so he told an employee to advertise carwash on ebay,this was promptly done and having forgot about the item a email arrived from ebay to confirm that the carwash had sold.it had been sold for the grand total of £10.50p,the employee that had advertised the carwash had forgotten to p[ut a reserve on the item and a lady in scotland is now the proud owner of a very cheap carwash :D :D :D

Taken to the cleaners? :D

Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:04 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:
krab wrote:im working with some groundworkers and they were telling me that they are doing a job on hadfield rd,next to the petrol station.they had to dismantle a car wash and concrete the area it had stood,so as part of the deal the boss of the groundwork firm said as part payment he would dispose of the carwash for the client.he valued the car wash at between £10000 and £15000,so he told an employee to advertise carwash on ebay,this was promptly done and having forgot about the item a email arrived from ebay to confirm that the carwash had sold.it had been sold for the grand total of £10.50p,the employee that had advertised the carwash had forgotten to p[ut a reserve on the item and a lady in scotland is now the proud owner of a very cheap carwash :D :D :D

:D

Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:10 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:

:lol:

Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:43 am

Probably Joe's mum....

I'd rather wash cars for football proper players than play in the Scottish league.....