Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Why Oh Why......

Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:29 am

......would anyone want Darren Fergusson as our next manager, he has just been sacked by the bottom club for under achieving. If we are to replace the Manager or any players it should only be for someone better, more experienced, knows this division, has a proven track record of attracting players. I know many will point out DJs failures, for every failure there has been a success. One of DJs greatest successes is the income he has helped to generate to keep this club afloat.

My belief is whilst he is here, we all get behind him and everyone who pulls on a City shirt. It would be madness to sack any manager at this stage when we are in the best position we have been at a halfway point in a season for over forty years. We are in front of last year, therefore the play-offs beckon.

We must support Cardiff City until the last kick of the season, then we can review, take stock and decide if we need to change.

See you all in Bristol

Re: Why Oh Why......

Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:39 am

mp4-12c wrote:......would anyone want Darren Fergusson as our next manager, he has just been sacked by the bottom club for under achieving. If we are to replace the Manager or any players it should only be for someone better, more experienced, knows this division, has a proven track record of attracting players. I know many will point out DJs failures, for every failure there has been a success. One of DJs greatest successes is the income he has helped to generate to keep this club afloat.

My belief is whilst he is here, we all get behind him and everyone who pulls on a City shirt. It would be madness to sack any manager at this stage when we are in the best position we have been at a halfway point in a season for over forty years. We are in front of last year, therefore the play-offs beckon.

We must support Cardiff City until the last kick of the season, then we can review, take stock and decide if we need to change.

See you all in Bristol

You don't have enough facts to back up your opinion. Please point out the success for every failure. Oh don't give him credit for selling off Academy players. They were never anything to do with him. About the only successes I can think of are Roger Johnson and Bothroyd. As for Chopra, buying him back virtualy negated any success he might have had with him.
The success of Roger Johnson is also negated by the failure to sell Ledley who is now worth only a tenth of what we were once offered for him.

Having thought about it I have to acknowledge McNaughton is a major success but the failures still far outnumber the successes.

What were your reviews of the previous seasons Jones has been in charge? Don't they count? There have already been a number of instances where by normal standards he deserved to be sacked. How many more chances does he deserve?

Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:51 am

I accept your point and I myself attempted a quick list in my head and pretty much came up with the same names. However I then drifted more towards a monetary level, what he has spent and what has been generated. He certainly has not wasted any money. My point is, in terms of stats, money generated, league position, no seemingly threat of relegation Jones is doing a good job. If we can find someone better, I am all for it. There is no evidence to show Fergusson would do better, only hope.

My assertion always is, think where we could be, Norwich, Southampton, Charlton, Leeds..... all bigger budgets, bigger crowds and have all gone down.

Nothing upsets me more than our recent performances, but that would pail into insignificance compared with relegation.

Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:06 am

mp4-12c wrote:I accept your point and I myself attempted a quick list in my head and pretty much came up with the same names. However I then drifted more towards a monetary level, what he has spent and what has been generated. He certainly has not wasted any money.

Jones hasn't wasted any money?

I give you the three amigos..........................................................

Fowler, Hasselbaink and Sinclair. All were obtained at extortionate cost with little payback on top of which we paid Hasselbaink a substantial sum whilst he was no longer playing for us.

Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:25 am

Yet again this a valid point, and I personally did not like this policy of aging players. I am not saying he has not made mistakes. My major point is that we should only change for someone better and in the meantime we should back him, our chairman and all our players through thick and thin. We are in a better position today than anytime in over forty years. We need every single fan backing our team, supporting our team and rejoicing the almost predictable unlikely wins and unlikely defeats.

I pray for a couple of additions in January and a similar performance to the first half of the season takes us to the play-offs.

Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:36 am

mp4-12c wrote:Yet again this a valid point, and I personally did not like this policy of aging players. I am not saying he has not made mistakes. My major point is that we should only change for someone better and in the meantime we should back him, our chairman and all our players through thick and thin. We are in a better position today than anytime in over forty years. We need every single fan backing our team, supporting our team and rejoicing the almost predictable unlikely wins and unlikely defeats.

I pray for a couple of additions in January and a similar performance to the first half of the season takes us to the play-offs.

I only wish success for the club but see major threats to it's future from Ridsdale and his financial ineptitude whereas as much as I dislike Jones for his predictability and lack of vision at least we're not getting any worse. However he should go the moment it looks like we're no longer in contention for any prizes. Even if we were to get promotion Jones' lack of tactical knowledge would be greatly exposed at premiership level and someone else would have to be brought in.

Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:53 am

In my opinion all we can really do is back who's representing us, chairman, manager, players etc until the point where our future or championship status is threatened. Regarding your comment "Ridsdale and his financial ineptitude ", I have no idea how to comment as I swing between financial genius to unequivocal criminal. It is so difficult to decipher from all the comments, rumour and conjecture, therefore I am sucked in by the used car salesman, politician approach as he is obviously an articulate clever man. The only comfort I take is that Mr Ridsdale's personal redemption and financial success are based on Cardiff City's success, therefore if he sells this club clear of debt to anyone and he makes a personal profit I do not care. If new ownership wanted to bring Mark Hughes, Craig Bellamy and Steven Ireland to this club then of course I would back that. Meanwhile we must back what we have until we can get better.

Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:04 pm

JONES IN

DO THE :ayatollah: JONESY
DO THE :ayatollah: JONESY

Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:15 pm

mp4-12c wrote:......would anyone want Darren Fergusson as our next manager, he has just been sacked by the bottom club for under achieving.

Two promotions in successive seasons, playing good passing football with a minimum spent. Certainly didn't rack up a £30m bill. When we keep the ball down and pass it, we look world beaters. When we don't, well... As a result, Ferguson's preferred style of play matches our strengths.

Sacked by PBoro? Widely regarded as a ridiculous sacking, not that long ago they signed him up long term as Reading were sniffing around, after all. I suspect the "under-performing" reason was spin.

If we are to replace the Manager or any players it should only be for someone better, more experienced, knows this division, has a proven track record of attracting players. I know many will point out DJs failures, for every failure there has been a success. One of DJs greatest successes is the income he has helped to generate to keep this club afloat.

Does Di Matteo know this division? Sousa?

Now, the income generated - wrong. Jones has played no part in transfer dealings other than "want this one". Any revenue generated is down to Ridsdale per se.

And we've seen through the entirety of Jones reign an inability to provide consistent form. An inability to adapt to events during games. An inability to address clear weaknesses - left back, central midfield. A dogmatic belief HIS system MUST work, hence failing to change for opponents; which is why we get overrun by three in the middle.

Plan A works. After that...

At the expense of potentially causing damage to the rest of this season?

Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:31 pm

His win ratio with Peterborough is a pretty impressive 50% even though he wasn't given the amunition to compete on a level playing field in the Championship. Even more telling his loss percentage is only 27%. Whereas Dave Jones win percentage with Cardiff City (and he has had plenty of ammunition) is a meagre 40% and his loss percentage is an even more telling 32%. I am afraid losing almost one of every three games is not good and does not indicate to me that we will be anywhere near the top six come the end of the season. The powers that be at CCS lack the ambition of the fans if they continue to employ the current manager. Statistics do not lie.

Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:34 pm

Gerry Hat Trick wrote:
mp4-12c wrote:I accept your point and I myself attempted a quick list in my head and pretty much came up with the same names. However I then drifted more towards a monetary level, what he has spent and what has been generated. He certainly has not wasted any money.

Jones hasn't wasted any money?

I give you the three amigos..........................................................

Fowler, Hasselbaink and Sinclair. All were obtained at extortionate cost with little payback on top of which we paid Hasselbaink a substantial sum whilst he was no longer playing for us.

can i add eddie johnson 18k a week allegedly :x