Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: The new government

Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:52 am

Midfield general wrote:In all honestly I think they have started very well.

Its good to see a British Prime Minister having a backbone in the US.

Whats your opinion..?

Im happy that they are trying to sort out all the benefit cheats at long last !!

Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:01 am

Martyn1963 wrote:

Whats your opinion..?

Im happy that they are trying to sort out all the benefit cheats at long last !!

Not before time IMHO! :D

If it was down to me, I'd make them report to the council Monday to Friday, give them a pair of overalls, a brush, a dustpan, several bin bags and make the lazy sods sweep the streets!

They'd be too tired to go out burgling on a night then as well! :lol:

Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:39 am

And they are making moves to rescind dozens of the many new laws and powers that Labour allowed the Police to impose on us, I feel common sense may prevail.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:40 am

The new Government are heading for a massive fall.

No-one argues that the deficit had to be tackled and benefit reform was well over due, but by targeting the disabled and imposing cuts of 40% on Government departments when 25% would have surfaced they show their true colours which are based on ideological resentment, rather than what is best for the country and economic recovery.

Believe me those who are calling present benefit claimants ‘cheats’ and ‘thieves’ might be eating their words in a few months time when they to join the dole queue and sweep the streets due to Tory vengeance and Lib Dem vanity.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 am

BigGwynram wrote:And they are making moves to rescind dozens of the many new laws and powers that Labour allowed the Police to impose on us, I feel common sense may prevail.

Gwyn what are the rules about away fans drinking on match days then ? U know , the where's the when's on and off the buses etc :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:45 am

He's already gone back on his word, talking about major cuts in the NHS (He said these would be protected), our Armed Forces (once again, these were supposed to be protected).

The man just confuses me.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:58 am

Whats your opinion..?

The Barrack and Dave show, the British PM stating we are the junior partners in this relationship is stating the obvious,that took some backbone

Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:56 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:The new Government are heading for a massive fall.

No-one argues that the deficit had to be tackled and benefit reform was well over due, but by targeting the disabled and imposing cuts of 40% on Government departments when 25% would have surfaced they show their true colours which are based on ideological resentment, rather than what is best for the country and economic recovery.

Believe me those who are calling present benefit claimants ‘cheats’ and ‘thieves’ might be eating their words in a few months time when they to join the dole queue and sweep the streets due to Tory vengeance and Lib Dem vanity.

Who says all disabled people are being called "cheats" and "thieves"?

ideological resentment? That's Labour's modus operandi. Class warriors, until they get the nice Lord status a la Prescott, Kinnock ...