Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Taiwo..

Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:11 am

Anybody else think he can step up a gear?

I am all for giving another chance, but I somehow doubt he will.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -26894435/?

Re: Taiwo..

Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:14 am

No coz he was to be sold to Norwich but he failed a medical , no good for them so certainly no good to us now !

Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:20 am

What little we have seen of him I liked but what I think doesn't matter a jot coz I never played the game professionally :lol: , it's what Dave Jones thinks and clearly he doesn't like him otherwise he would not have tried to offload him to Norwich. The lad has got an uphil battle to impress someone who couldn't wait to get rid. I wish him good luck and hope he proves Jones wrong.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:25 am

ihatealiens wrote:What little we have seen of him I liked but what I think doesn't matter a jot coz I never played the game professionally :lol: , it's what Dave Jones thinks and clearly he doesn't like him otherwise he would not have tried to offload him to Norwich. The lad has got an uphil battle to impress someone who couldn't wait to get rid. I wish him good luck and hope he proves Jones wrong.

Against Palace at home he was dreadfull and when he came on as a sub away to the Jacks he was worst , but in the away game 6 -0 at Bristol he played ok ................. too many bad games tho Im afraid and when he's bad he's bad . Looks out of his depth at Championship level at the mo , but maybe in a year or 2 ??

Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:32 am

Martyn1963 wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:What little we have seen of him I liked but what I think doesn't matter a jot coz I never played the game professionally :lol: , it's what Dave Jones thinks and clearly he doesn't like him otherwise he would not have tried to offload him to Norwich. The lad has got an uphil battle to impress someone who couldn't wait to get rid. I wish him good luck and hope he proves Jones wrong.

Against Palace at home he was dreadfull and when he came on as a sub away to the Jacks he was worst , but in the away game 6 -0 at Bristol he played ok ................. too many bad games tho Im afraid and when he's bad he's bad . Looks out of his depth at Championship level at the mo , but maybe in a year or 2 ??

Against the Jacks he came on and played wide left!

For me, looks like he needed to adjust to the pace. His later sub appearances he looked neat, tidy - well remember against I think Peterborough, they were trying one touch stuff through the midle Taiwo showed a good brain by tracking breaking runners from midfield.

I'd give him at least a season beause with such a small squad we need depth.

Interesting we didn't learn from Ledley and had him play with a hip problem needing an op.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:33 am

Of what I've seen of him he's well out of his depth at this level. If we'd have paid £50,000 for him, rising depending on appearances, etc, I wouldn't have minded. But why did we pay a £250,000 straight fee for him? He's essentially a non-league journeyman and we're something like his 10th or 11th club at the age of 24. OK, so he had a decent game against our weakened side in the League Cup, but were we that desparate to sign a midfielder at the time that we spent quite a lot of money on him?

Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:34 am

Nottage Blue wrote:Of what I've seen of him he's well out of his depth at this level. If we'd have paid £50,000 for him, rising depending on appearances, etc, I wouldn't have minded. But why did we pay a £250,000 straight fee for him? He's essentially a non-league journeyman and we're something like his 10th or 11th club at the age of 24. OK, so he had a decent game against our weakened side in the League Cup, but were we that desparate to sign a midfielder at the time that we spent quite a lot of money on him?

He was up against McPhail and Rae in that game.

Showed some nice passing, disciplined, ball winner.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:38 am

nerd wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:Of what I've seen of him he's well out of his depth at this level. If we'd have paid £50,000 for him, rising depending on appearances, etc, I wouldn't have minded. But why did we pay a £250,000 straight fee for him? He's essentially a non-league journeyman and we're something like his 10th or 11th club at the age of 24. OK, so he had a decent game against our weakened side in the League Cup, but were we that desparate to sign a midfielder at the time that we spent quite a lot of money on him?

I'm still not convinced by him though

Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:41 am

Nottage Blue wrote:
nerd wrote:

I'm still not convinced by him though

Few opportunities, to be fair. Give him a full pre-season after recovering fom his op, at worst can provide some depth.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:16 am

Reading that article he is at least showing the right attitude. Then again thats the least you would expect from him as really this is his last chance to make it in the Championship.

Will he make it? Norwich must have thought so and thats after a disastrous go with us. However is is up against a manager who is difficult to overcome. Thats a good trait of DJ. So yes Taiwo has an uphill battle and lets hope the operation has cleared up any problem he was carrying last season. The answer to the question I wil say its a no. Platers in this league will know all about him and will feel vry confident in taking him on.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:33 am

Just got a feeling he might do ok this season.

HIs biggest problem is getting back into the squad. Not many players get a 2nd chance to prove themselves with DJ.

HIs best chance is if somebody gets injured and DJ is forced to play him.

I know we beat off quite a few other teams to sign him so he must have shown something playing for Dagenham.

I personally think our whole season depends on fringe players stepping up big time this year.

Taiwo, Wildig, Heaton, Quinn and especially Matthews and McCormack need to play a big part if we are to do well.