Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

the malaysians????

Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:52 am

i respect the fact that TG wants to sort out the finances properly and get our club running properly but when i read more about the situation the more i get frustrated

WHY when these guys are billionaires are they paying the debts off in installments still when they can just pay outright and have done with it and get this f*cking embargo lifted??

all they need to do is bang 10m into the business now and pay sunderland and charlton off in 1 go for a combined 2mill leaving 8mill for jonesy to go buy 3 QUALITY signings and a few loanees and come april or may were a prem club attracting the revenue a prem club gets.

coz the other directors wont cough up this 10m should be only returnable to the malaysians in may from the promotion windfall

cmon TG and VT take the plunge please this club and its fans deserve this and in all fairness 10m to a billionaire is about as relevent as me giving my daughter a pound to buy sweets

PLEASE TG AND VT MAKE IT HAPPEN

Re: the malaysians????

Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:56 am

Rhys good post and we all share your frustration but u need to remember that even though they are billionaires their stake in CCFC is about 37% so why should they pump in millions when the other 63% sit on their arses and do nothing but watch ? Not the way Malaysians do business Im afraid :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:58 am

Slowly slowly catchey monkey ;) ever see the film Karate Kid - wax on wax off etc etc - there was a method to the teachers madness likewise the malaysians, watch and learn ;)

Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:04 am

then the other 63 per cent if they wont or cant keep up then its time to go

see ya PMG :P :P :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:07 am

WHY when these guys are billionaires are they paying the debts off in installments still when they can just pay outright and have done with it and get this f*cking embargo lifted??

why should they pay it off? there are other people involved, they only have 39% , where's the other 61% ??? they dont want to pay nothing

its like having a car and you and your 2 mates buy it to share, come MOT time would you pay for everything and the bill for repairs all out of your own pocket???? answer NO!!

Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:07 am

rhysH wrote:then the other 63 per cent if they wont or cant keep up then its time to go

see ya PMG :P :P :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

not sure if Sam still has shares or not ? DJ does ! :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:08 am

As usual theres a bit of jockying for position behind the scenes and certain individuals are trying to squeeze that last little bit of blood out of that stone that is CCFC but things will come to a head soon methinks and need too for the sake of the club. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:14 am

ihatealiens wrote:As usual theres a bit of jockying for position behind the scenes and certain individuals are trying to squeeze that last little bit of blood out of that stone that is CCFC but things will come to a head soon methinks and need too for the sake of the club. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I would hate to think which directors are getting on and which one's arnt and which ones are talking to Sam ? Isaacs is the dark horse here I think as he's CCFC thru and thru and could play a blinder but my mind isnt made up about Borley or the rugby lot ! :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:19 am

Martyn1963 wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:As usual theres a bit of jockying for position behind the scenes and certain individuals are trying to squeeze that last little bit of blood out of that stone that is CCFC but things will come to a head soon methinks and need too for the sake of the club. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I would hate to think which directors are getting on and which one's arnt and which ones are talking to Sam ? Isaacs is the dark horse here I think as he's CCFC thru and thru and could play a blinder but my mind isnt made up about Borley or the rugby lot ! :ayatollah:

I agree Isaacs is playing a blinder and Borley is closely tied in with the Malaysians now, PMG want out but at what price? this is the sticking point and of course the other fly in the ointment is Langstone/Sam Hammam this is the main issue at hand and will be sorted one way or the other very soon and things should begin to get much clearer.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:22 am

ihatealiens wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:

I agree Isaacs is playing a blinder and Borley is closely tied in with the Malaysians now, PMG want out but at what price? this is the sticking point and of course the other fly in the ointment is Langstone/Sam Hammam this is the main issue at hand and will be sorted one way or the other very soon and things should begin to get much clearer.

Didn't Issacs once give City a loan at something like base rate + 20%?

Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:23 am

yes summat like that lets not forget all those involved are hard nosed businessmen so theres a lot of negotiating going on just now and it will take time to work out but the malaysians are working their way through it slowly.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:31 am

ihatealiens wrote:yes summat like that lets not forget all those involved are hard nosed businessmen so theres a lot of negotiating going on just now and it will take time to work out but the malaysians are working their way through it slowly.

I wonder who is backing who here ?

Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:33 am

Martyn1963 wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:yes summat like that lets not forget all those involved are hard nosed businessmen so theres a lot of negotiating going on just now and it will take time to work out but the malaysians are working their way through it slowly.

I wonder who is backing who here ?

well their all out to make a buck and fortune favours the brave so they say :lol: however I think the malaysians see the bigger picture and we will be a small part of their overall portfolio however a very important footstep into business in the UK. There is more to this than just Cardiff City to them we are part of an overall UK strategy for them.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:37 am

I just want them to expose Riddlers gang of cronies on the current board and how much money they bled from CCFC to make it in such a dire strait financially .

Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:38 am

Martyn1963 wrote:I just want them to expose Riddlers gang of cronies on the current board and how much money they bled from CCFC to make it in such a dire strait financially .

don't we all :lol: :lol: :lol: unfortunately business isn't like that its you scratch my back I'll scratch yours while at the same time being very cloak and dagger :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:43 am

I still wont forget what Borley said when Annis tried the vote of no confidence at the EGM , showing his true colours there maybe or just sitting on the fence ?

Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:51 am

["Martyn1963"]["ihatealiens"]As usual theres a bit of jockying for position behind the scenes and certain individuals are trying to squeeze that last little bit of blood out of that stone that is CCFC but things will come to a head soon methinks and need too for the sake of the club. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I would hate to think which directors are getting on and which one's arnt and which ones are talking to Sam ? Isaacs is the dark horse here I think as he's CCFC thru and thru and could play a blinder but my mind isnt made up about Borley or the rugby lot ! :ayatollah:[/quote]

martyn

issacs is talking to sam and he's on his own there.
my view here is that the malaysians have already put in three times more money than sam ever did(non borrowed) and paul guy has put in four times more than sam did.
sam bought the club for about 3.2 million everything else was on borrowed money.
lots of people go on about him putting a roof on the grange end improving ninian park etc but along with the extortionate wages that he payed players when in a lot of circumstances they would have accepted less he now wants that money back
and all after he told people myself included that the debt was his debt and left the club when he left.
He has never admitted to anyone that he is langston but if he wasent dont you think langston would have bankrupted him by now but no he now has allegedly 12 million to invest in the club.
frustrating as it may be to some people the ridiculous contracts and wages have to come to an end now and the malaysians are trying to put all these structures in place.
i believe they will pay the langston debt as and when its due in december and then look at where we are in the league with a view to investing on the playing front then.

regards

steve

Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:55 am

Martyn1963 wrote:I still wont forget what Borley said when Annis tried the vote of no confidence at the EGM , showing his true colours there maybe or just sitting on the fence ?

in fairness to annis martyn he did not know that steve was in private negotiations with tg at that time and tg did not want any adverse publicity so steves reaction was the only option open to him.
annis knows that now and understands the reason so they have put it behind them.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:06 pm

steve davies wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:I still wont forget what Borley said when Annis tried the vote of no confidence at the EGM , showing his true colours there maybe or just sitting on the fence ?

in fairness to annis martyn he did not know that steve was in private negotiations with tg at that time and tg did not want any adverse publicity so steves reaction was the only option open to him.
annis knows that now and understands the reason so they have put it behind them.

Also and as much as I want to say this they knew Ridsdlae services would still be needed after the Malaysians stepped in. That has come forward as we know Ridsdale is acting as a consultant for the club at the moment. This is all down to Riddlers "contacts". I wonder if Sam impressed the Malaysians about his contacts?

Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:11 pm

Maybe Sam has impressed with his contacts BUT if he wants to invest into CCFC then they will severly be questioning the validity of any money he has unless its a paper transaction from Langston where numbers get crunched and the Malaysians know that he is infact Langston and Borley is trying to convince them of that fact ? :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:44 pm

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Malaysians have already committed about £10m towards the running and saving of CCFC.

As IHA said CCFC is a small part of a much bigger picture and that picture is still in the process of being drawn up. To this end I remember a report in the Football League newspaper about a year ago which said the Malaysians were committing over the long term £39m to clear our debts and refinance the club.

If this budget exists then it makes perfect sense to make the best use of it and negotiate down as much debt as possible.

Whilst at this moment we all feel frustrated at the lack of transfer activity, we have to trust our new owners and let them get on with the job which they are very competent at doing.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:48 pm

["Martyn1963"]["ihatealiens"]As usual theres a bit of jockying for position behind the scenes and certain individuals are trying to squeeze that last little bit of blood out of that stone that is CCFC but things will come to a head soon methinks and need too for the sake of the club.

I would hate to think which directors are getting on and which one's arnt and which ones are talking to Sam ? Isaacs is the dark horse here I think as he's CCFC thru and thru and could play a blinder but my mind isnt made up about Borley or the rugby lot ! [/quote]

martyn

my view here is that the malaysians have already put in three times more money than sam ever did(non borrowed) and paul guy has put in four times more than sam did.
sam bought the club for about 3.2 million everything else was on borrowed money.
lots of people go on about him putting a roof on the grange end improving ninian park etc but along with the extortionate wages that he payed players when in a lot of circumstances they would have accepted less he now wants that money back
and all after he told people myself included that the debt was his debt and left the club when he left.
He has never admitted to anyone that he is langston but if he wasent dont you think langston would have bankrupted him by now but no he now has allegedly 12 million to invest in the club.
frustrating as it may be to some people the ridiculous contracts and wages have to come to an end now and the malaysians are trying to put all these structures in place.
i believe they will pay the langston debt as and when its due in december and then look at where we are in the league with a view to investing on the playing front then.

regards

steve

Steve what are your views on Sam then? I agree with what you have posted as its a fact but was interested to know what you thought of him and the possible return!

Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:46 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:

Michael Isaacs. The man who is so CCFC through and through he lends at extortionate interest rates and tried to buy the Swans.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:48 pm

G.R.A."]["Martyn1963"]["ihatealiens"]As usual theres a bit of jockying for position behind the scenes and certain individuals are trying to squeeze that last little bit of blood out of that stone that is CCFC but things will come to a head soon methinks and need too for the sake of the club.

I would hate to think which directors are getting on and which one's arnt and which ones are talking to Sam ? Isaacs is the dark horse here I think as he's CCFC thru and thru and could play a blinder but my mind isnt made up about Borley or the rugby lot !

martyn

regards

steve

Steve what are your views on Sam then? I agree with what you have posted as its a fact but was interested to know what you thought of him and the possible return![/quote]

absolute non starter in my opinion as he had an opportunity to invest as an existing shareholder back in may.
and as above how has he got suddenly 12 million to spend when he effectively owes langston 24 million.
just one big publicity stunt in my opinion based on the fact that the malaysians had to deal with him because our ex chairman failed to make the first re-payments as promised in january.
these payments have now been brought up to date by the malaysians which in my opinion is a signal of their intent for the club.
If the malaysians intend to clear the debts over the next three years starting with the 10 million langston debt in december why bring in sam now.
i also believe he has been out of football too long now for his contact library to be up to date

Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:50 pm

RobbieS wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:

Michael Isaacs. The man who is so CCFC through and through he lends at extortionate interest rates and tried to buy the Swans.

there we are then , I didnt know these facts ................ thanks for telling me !