Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City Stadium 1 year old - A celebration

Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:57 pm

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 74,00.html

The move has assisted in us being saddled with debt and unable to function progressively as a football club. One year on is the birthday of our new home any cause for celebrating - for me, a resounding NO.

Re: Cardiff City Stadium 1 year old - A celebration

Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:00 pm

What debt do we owe on the stadium then that's not under control?

Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:09 pm

I didn't say we had debt on the stadium - I said it has assisted in us having debt "that isn't under control". :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:12 pm

dorsetblue wrote:http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10335~2098074,00.html

The move has assisted in us being saddled with debt and unable to function progressively as a football club. One year on is the birthday of our new home any cause for celebrating - for me, a resounding NO.

Whereas staying at Ninian would have seen terracing closed 2-3 seasons earlier, club into admin...

Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:17 pm

Gents I think you have missed the irony of my post. The club celebrating a year at a place that if we don't pay bills in the next 3 weeks could be the only year.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:21 pm

Sorry I think your wrong, I don't see why we shouldn't celebrate a year on. We have enough bad news and IMO the stadium has been a success.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:26 pm

Opinios - 2blue that's what makes this board great - I've enjoyed the new stadium and there have been some good times at it but I wish we could have a more meaningful update on the official website - tax bill paid / embargo lifted / player(s) signed. Sorry but if some of the main highlights of the last 12 months are Danielle Lineker, the Phonics and the Blues scoring a try then I cannot get excited.