Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Will This Season

Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:17 pm

See Dave Jones change the formation of the team from a rigid 4-4-2 that he has endorsed over the past 5 years.

Will a midfield of MacPhail/Drinkwater change the strategy ?

Hopefully.

Re: Will This Season

Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:17 pm

I quite like 4-4-2

Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:18 pm

I dont give a shit aslongs he gets us promoted

Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:18 pm

carlccfc wrote:See Dave Jones change the formation of the team from a rigid 4-4-2 that he has endorsed over the past 5 years.

Hopefully.

He has already been experimenting Carl. Hope it works out? (gulp) :o

Otherwise back to 4-4-2!

Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:20 pm

carlccfc wrote:See Dave Jones change the formation of the team from a rigid 4-4-2 that he has endorsed over the past 5 years.

Hopefully.

I can see him sticking to 4-4-2 and again have no plan B.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:24 pm

Hopefully.

I think the world cup has proved 4-5-1 is the best system, if teams can adapt to it, but do we have the players to play it ????

I think he wants to change if we can fit it in with our players, and may affect the players he is looking for ????

Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:26 pm

He tried that out in portugal and lost so thats the end of experimenting new formations :lol:

Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:28 pm

Hopefully.

As long as the parks player Rae isn't in the team that is progress for me this season! :ayatollah:

Have to say though never felt so flat going into a new season, even in the lower league days at least we signed new players to generate new optimisim and freshen things up :cry:

On the plus side we still have Chops, Jay (sell everything not nailed down before him), Whitts, Burkey, Mcphail, Rossco etc... and I fancy this to be a big season for Adam Matthews.

I just hope they are all still here come the end of August :?:

Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:00 pm

mcphail in front of the back 4 is not the answer,we need sum1 there who can break up attacks,win headers and 50/50's,i heard thats what they tried in portugal,havent got a problem with formation,just need 2 find the right man 2 sit in front of back 4

Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:11 pm

Hopefully.

Isn't he thinking of playing McPhail in the holding role this season?

Deja vu!

StT.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:33 pm

Genius!

McPhail in a holding role!

He cant tackle

Is DJ just determined to find a place for his golden boy?