Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

2-3 months ago..

Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:13 pm

most were on here stating that if we had to sell our prize players to survive so be it, it was reduce the wage bill at all costs, sell chops ,bothroyd,mcphail, burke anything thats not nailed down just to get the wage bill down and bring some stability.... well now that is looming or an apparent lack of transfer activity. embargos. new debts creeping out of the wood work everyone seems to be getting a little nervous.... the average fan, even those who dont read this board dont realy care about whats happening behind the scenes, all they want is our best players on the pitch scoring goals and winning games... with almost half the squad with only a year left to run on there contracts and no apparent rush to get this sorted , seems all you who wanted finacial stability may just get your wish........ i for one just want this mess sorted and as far as i can see it aint happening any time soon, with or without high earners at our club.

Re: 2-3 months ago..

Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:42 pm

our fans have always had short memories

Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:52 pm

You're right there m8, everybody wants the stability and a decent push for promotion. There doesn't look like there's gonna be a fresh cash injection. So personally i'd rather see chops and co go sooner rather than later. Get the embargo lifted and bring in a few loan players. At least the team would get a little bit of time to gel. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:08 pm

thats my point, when chops and co go.... u watch the supporte drop and the team slide...... who would u replace chops with?? there was up roar on here from some when it came to light that we may be interested howard from leicster.... well if we sell our prize assests that would be about the bench mark,,, if we are lucky. tg and vt knew what they were getting themselves into, they knew pmg had no intention of investing any more.....

Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:28 pm

i feel alot more nervous since joining this board,not knocking the members or the board but u all know alot more than i do about what goes on behind the scenes at our beloved club,im not saying that i thought we were fine by any means but as long as we got some decent players and management then the football would look after itself,i find myself addicted to this message board and love reading everybodys posts,its just a shame that the club just keeps supplying us the fans,people who work all year round and look forward to matchdays with negative news/facts LONG LIVE CARDIFF CITY