Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Every part of our club is run by idiots.

Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:38 am

The club shop for example has been open after every home game this season, but not after the Plymouth game which seen one of our biggest crowds and people had their Christmas money to spend.

I rang the ticket office yesterday morning around 9.10am and asked if the club shop was open. After the lady went to check she came back and told me yes they are open until 5pm today. So I leave my house and go down there, which is about a 60 mile return trip. Get down there and the club shop is in complete darkness and not a sign of life there.

I then went to reception and told them what had happened and the man just grinned and said they are open tomorrow.

As you can imagine I was fuming at this point and told the man that our club must want to be in debt. (Not that it was his fault it was closed, but he had a smug grin on his face when I said I had travelled over 100 miles to get there, yeah it was a lie but who cares.)

Re: Every part of our club is run by idiots.

Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:42 am

The club shop is a joke and so are the sales and marketing staff at CCFC. I visited the Coventry shop just before xmas and they have everything you could imaginge to do with the other CCFC, a real proffessional outfit making ours look like a mid seventies Moscow bakery.

But what really matters are audi R8s, Aston Martins and first class flights to KL.

Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:44 am

Sounds like our club at the moment. (brewery/pissup)

I would call the ticket office and let them know my feelings, for giving you false info yesterday if I were you.

Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:55 am

Been saying this for ages they need a manager that knows what they are doing tried to get a tracksuit in november for my son for xmas but was told be lucky to get one in march
We have not moved on this side still a second divison club please get someone that knows what they are doing

Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:32 pm

elliott wrote:Been saying this for ages they need a manager that knows what they are doing tried to get a tracksuit in november for my son for xmas but was told be lucky to get one in march
We have not moved on this side still a second divison club please get someone that knows what they are doing

i suppose when your being taken to court by the hmrc in november for non payment i would say there's a very good chance that the supplier of merchandise to the club has not been paid either hence the lack of stock.
perhaps the season ticket money will be used to pay the supplier and then in typical city tradition they will fill the shop full of kit nobody will want because it will be out of date by may :roll: