Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " DAVE JONES "

Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:It looks 60-40 that we might loose Dave Jones as I have heard Fulham dont see his wages as a problem, But he was only No 3 on their list and if Erikson is willing to except half the wages he has asked Fulham for, then they wont want Jones.

Honest Opinions, DO YOU WANT DAVE JONES TO STAY (£760,000 approx a year Basic wage) ?

You All know mine, which I have maintained for the last 5 years and I also believe he fell out (yet again)with a number of Our players whilst they were in Portugal.

I would say more than 60-40 I would put it at 80-20. Sven is ahead in the betting but he wants too much money so in my opinion he is not in the game. The other big name in the frame is Mark Hughes and he's got no chance as he had a big fall out with Alistair Makintosh the Fulham Chief Exec when he was Chief Exec at Manchester City. In my view it's looking odds on dave Jones will get the job. He's not and never has been my cup of tea but now is not the time to lose him but I feel he will go.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:03 am

I want to know who could do a better job than Dave Jones here right now?
I admit his stubborn attitude at times infuriates me greatly.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:36 am

I posted earlier this week if DJ goes to Fulham i think he will take Burton with him and then will be back with bids for Chops, Whitts and possibly Bothroyd?

So how can that be good for the club, as we all know Jones has his faults but he has taken us to a FA Cup Final and Play Off Final and also played some of the best football i have ever seen City play (And i have followed us for over 40 years) I honestly think that if he goes we are looking at mid table at best and relegation at worse!

So i hope he stays but he needs backing from TG and VT :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:16 am

He's still second favourite with a few bookies, with Mark Hughes second with others.

It would be a massive loss if DJ went, but I don't really think he will.

Look how much trouble Swansea had looking for a replacement. You could say we'd be a better club to go to, but nobody will want to come to a club with no money to spend, a transfer embargo, and players wanting to leave. Not to mention wages played late etc.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:06 am

Forever Blue wrote:It looks 60-40 that we might loose Dave Jones as I have heard Fulham dont see his wages as a problem, But he was only No 3 on their list and if Erikson is willing to except half the wages he has asked Fulham for, then they wont want Jones.

Honest Opinions, DO YOU WANT DAVE JONES TO STAY (£760,000 approx a year Basic wage) ?

You All know mine, which I have maintained for the last 5 years and I also believe he fell out (yet again)with a number of Our players whilst they were in Portugal.

It's true Jones steadied the ship in a time of turmoil but I have never really liked him.

I would rather us appoint someone new and accept that with that there will be a huge risk that it could all go wrong and we could get relegated. But... the alternative is that Jones will do what he has done for years... position himself in his comfort zone, buy a few decent players, buy plenty of duds, pay over the odds for average players and moan and whinge all the while. With him we will always be 'nearly' there but not quite.

He lost us the fa cup final by not playing ramsey from the start and starting with jimmy and he lost us the play-off final by putting Kelvin up front when Jay was injured, starting with Hudson and not changing things when 80000 people could see we were overrun by an effective 5 man blackpool midfield (how many times has that happened? and the only time he slightly changed it when he put chops out wide was against Swansea at home and we won).

Time for some new blood and passion... it's more risky but unless the risk is taken Jones will continue to alienate fans and players.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:25 am

As an outsider so to speak I'm not at all shocked to see Dave Jones in the running for a Premier League job because I think he's done a great job at Cardiff, and I think Cardiff will have a big job replacing him with someone of equal quality. However I don't think he get the Fulham job if Fulham can tempt Mark Hughes.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:28 am

if jones goes and most of the players unhappy i can see a mass exodus of our top players and we are in the shit staring at relegation before the season starts,what a f*cking mess this club is in yet again. :(

Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:29 am

Whilst Dave Jones isn't every fans cup of tea, neither would his replacement, whoever that replacement may be!

He has managed to get the best out of a number of players for us though, Bothroyd and Chopra for 2 and it would appear that he has commanded the respect of all the players as well!

Better he stays in my opinion! :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:43 am

Midfield general wrote:Leave him go,

we would get compo from fulham to pay our debts, make cuts on the wage bill and finally get someone who has a plan B.

You still have to have the players for a Plan B, which at the moment we don't! :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:52 am

plan B we have'nt got a plan A at the moment, its becoming a joke he is the best manager we have had in a long time and with all the money worries no other decent manager with any sense would come near us if he went, so we need to pray he stays i thinck.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:15 pm

rubbish!! Fair enough there are other managers out there are they as good as dave jones doubt it.as for the compo we would recieve it would hardly pay the back room staff not alone players wages and the depts,we would be lucky to get 3,4 hundread thousand for him.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:23 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Midfield general wrote:Leave him go,

we would get compo from fulham to pay our debts, make cuts on the wage bill and finally get someone who has a plan B.

You still have to have the players for a Plan B, which at the moment we don't! :ayatollah:

But surely until this embargo was put upon us then the blame for not having the players for a plan B should be down to Jones.

Dave Jones has been trying to get the club to bring in new players for the entire time he has been here!

As well as the overspend on the stadium, we've clearly overspent on players as well!

To be fair to DJ though, we've hardly brought in any new players, since before last season started!

Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:24 pm

beaky wrote:plan B we have'nt got a plan A at the moment, its becoming a joke he is the best manager we have had in a long time and with all the money worries no other decent manager with any sense would come near us if he went, so we need to pray he stays i thinck.

Agree mate

It would be a massive loss if DJ left

Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:26 pm

Whilst some of us might be ready for change, we need to ask ourselves some questions. For example:

1. The fact that Fulham are interested in him suggests that he must have some merit as a manager. Do we fully appreciate what we already have?
2. If he goes, can he be replaced with a manager capable to the same level of performance or better? Who would be available and who would take the job given the current boardroom and financial situation?
3. Is this the right time? He represents an element of continuity in troubled times. Also, the season's start is just around the corner and key decisions may not be made at a critical time if there is a management vacuum.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:56 pm

anyone who thinks jones going is good needs thier heads testing! and if he goes , we bring in another manager and we finish in the bottem half of the league or just missing relegation ill bring this post right back up because that will happen!!\

best manager and thing to happen to cardiff, im sure if he had unlimted funds or lots of money to spend we'd have top players, the koumas's we wanted etc and been promoted, we've had to sell players every year to stop the club from folding etc, imagine if we didn't have to sell our johnsons, ramseys earnshaws etc ..... its the behind the scences that needs a shake up! the club is being run like a joke, always has, always will untill we ship out the old dead wood

Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:02 pm

Uccello Azzurro wrote:Whilst some of us might be ready for change, we need to ask ourselves some questions. For example:

1. The fact that Fulham are interested in him suggests that he must have some merit as a manager. Do we fully appreciate what we already have?
2. If he goes, can he be replaced with a manager capable to the same level of performance or better? Who would be available and who would take the job given the current boardroom and financial situation?
3. Is this the right time? He represents an element of continuity in troubled times. Also, the season's start is just around the corner and key decisions may not be made at a critical time if there is a management vacuum.

1. I don;t think alot of people do realise what we hae, in my opinion.

2. I find it unlikely we could get a decent manger to come in and steady the ship with everything that is going on. Yeah there are pletny of out of work mangers, but how many of them can come in and tide us over? This has been goin on for a long time and he kept it together and just fell short of taking us up. How many others could have done it?

3. I think it's totally the wrong time. Again, in my opinion, the time for losing managers is early December or the end of May. Certainly not two weeks before the start of the season.

As for other matters, in the grand scheme of things, £800k form Fulham isn't going to do us that many favours. It will most certainly go towards the HMRC debt and the outstanding ones like Motherwell, Charlton and whoever will still be on the back burner. Then we'd have to appoint someone, and prbably a backroom team too, and prepare for the start of the season. Stil with all this shit hanging over us. If that did happen and we struggle or go down, it causes more chaos.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:06 pm

IF JONES goes we will be right up shit creek. This is cardiff city for fug sake not man utd>

Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:10 pm

bluestar wrote:why do annis keep refering to what d jones earns at cardiff for what he as acheived hes worth every penny and i hope he stays at this present time i hope some chairman who ever it may be gives him some money to spend thers no better out there

Because in My Opinion he is not worth his Wages, Just My Opinion.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:18 pm

Annis i,m not on about wages with all thats going on with the club if jones goes we is fucked. i cannot see one decent manager who would come here with all the shit that is going on,they would have to be as mad as us lol

Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:20 pm

dean wrote:Annis i,m not on about wages with all thats going on with the club if jones goes we is fucked. i cannot see one decent manager who would come here with all the shit that is going on,they would have to be as mad as us lol

Dean, I disagree as a lot of Our players are already turning against him because of his attitude.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:21 pm

dean wrote:Annis i,m not on about wages with all thats going on with the club if jones goes we is fucked. i cannot see one decent manager who would come here with all the shit that is going on,they would have to be as mad as us lol

I can't think of anyone decent who'd happily come here in the situation we're in to be honest.

Nobody wants to go to a club with a barebone squad, no money, a transfer embargo, and fans that are hard to please :lol:

Swansea had enough trouble finding anyone, and we're not exactly a more attractive option are we?

Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:24 pm

Owain wrote:

I can't think of anyone decent who'd happily come here in the situation we're in to be honest.

Nobody wants to go to a club with a barebone squad, no money, a transfer embargo, and fans that are hard to please :lol:

Swansea had enough trouble finding anyone, and we're not exactly a more attractive option are we?

True Owain, but I am also hearing Jones would love to go any way.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:25 pm

ok annis so who replaces him terry burton?
im with u on jones i just think now aint the right time for him to go it would be paramont to suicide

Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:True Owain, but I am also hearing Jones would love to go any way.

I wouldn't blame him if he went, for exactly the reasons above, but I doubt he'll be off to Fulham.

Probably more to do with Fulham not wanting him than DJ not wanting to go though.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:28 pm

dean wrote:ok annis so who replaces him terry burton?
im with u on jones i just think now aint the right time for him to go it would be paramont to suicide

Def not Terry Burton, just right as a Coach.

If I am Honest I dont know who is available, Tell me who is available at the moment ? .

Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:39 pm

You are annis you could do a better job.
well if swansea had to pick theyre 4th joice brendan rogers after 2 good managers.
Then i think we would have to pick our 6th choice
serious tho the only one we would attract is an up and coming manager from the lower laegues,

Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:47 pm

dean wrote:You are annis you could do a better job. :lol:
well if swansea had to pick theyre 4th joice brendan rogers after 2 good managers.
Then i think we would have to pick our 6th choice
serious tho the only one we would attract is an up and coming manager from the lower laegues,

I would like an up and coming manager similar to Darren Ferguson.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:28 pm

Oh yes............I want Dave Jones to stay!! 8-)

Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:28 pm

Midfield general wrote:
beaky wrote:rubbish!! Fair enough there are other managers out there are they as good as dave jones doubt it.as for the compo we would recieve it would hardly pay the back room staff not alone players wages and the depts,we would be lucky to get 3,4 hundread thousand for him.

What on earth are you on about.? We would get at least £800,000 compo for him as he's on a rolling contract. We would also save on the wage bill because the managers wage is included on wages bills.

May I remind people that Holloway was on £250,000 at Blackpool while Jones is on £800,000.

This myth that no-one available is better than Jones is crazy. Modern day football isn't as easy as a 4-4-2 and Jones and his teams have been found out. Its time for a change

so dave jones had us 90 mins away from the prem, i would hardly say he's been found out cant argue with hollaway he is good manager but who would you go for if he went who is out there that could do a job at a dept ridden club with no money honest answer.

Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:34 pm