Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wales Online train stations & football fans

Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:35 am

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales ... -26924917/

So an article regarding the touble at welsh train stations and in there a quote regarding the consumption of alcohol on board there trains

“I would not like to see that (a total ban), but there might be times where we can use this ban rather more frequently, such as during football matches."

sent them a short e-mail

"Can I suggest you look into the number of football fans that use the train station on a typical football day compared to an average rugby international day , then find out when most of this disorder emerges. Of course when its rugby its as quoted as “Very often it’s good natured" . So when its football events does that mean its a sign of public disorder? If so why does this not apply to the rugby? I use the train to travel back to Merthyr after watching the football and there is no where near the amount of people on board the train back after an international rugby match where drink is openly consumed on board & the trains & trains are overcrowed. Could I suggest a much fairer look at the incidents reported and see when they most frequently appear?"