Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A club's identity

Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:40 am

Interesting piece on Sky Sports about Middlesboro's new shirt. I know a lot of city fans, me included, want a return to the yellow and white stripe down the side of our home shirt. A piiece by a Boro fan is saying he is happy they have their white chest band back on this season's shirt as it gives the club more of an identity. I remember that, when the fans were given a vote a couple of seasons back about the kit we would be playing in, the white and yellow stripe on the shirt was the design that came out on top, but ridsdale and Jones didn't like it so it was vetoed. Is it time to lobby for next season's strip to revert back to our classic design?

Re: A club's identity

Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:45 am

Nottage Blue wrote:Interesting piece on Sky Sports about Middlesboro's new shirt. I know a lot of city fans, me included, want a return to the yellow and white stripe down the side of our home shirt. A piiece by a Boro fan is saying he is happy they have their white chest band back on this season's shirt as it gives the club more of an identity. I remember that, when the fans were given a vote a couple of seasons back about the kit we would be playing in, the white and yellow stripe on the shirt was the design that came out on top, but ridsdale and Jones didn't like it so it was vetoed. Is it time to lobby for next season's strip to revert back to our classic design?

you'd better speak to TG then otherwise next season we will be playing in blue and black hoops ! :evil:

Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:47 am

Martyn1963 wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:Interesting piece on Sky Sports about Middlesboro's new shirt. I know a lot of city fans, me included, want a return to the yellow and white stripe down the side of our home shirt. A piiece by a Boro fan is saying he is happy they have their white chest band back on this season's shirt as it gives the club more of an identity. I remember that, when the fans were given a vote a couple of seasons back about the kit we would be playing in, the white and yellow stripe on the shirt was the design that came out on top, but ridsdale and Jones didn't like it so it was vetoed. Is it time to lobby for next season's strip to revert back to our classic design?

you'd better speak to TG then otherwise next season we will be playing in blue and black hoops ! :evil:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:45 pm

With the away strip being maroon/gold squares :lol: