Cardiff City Forum

Switch to full style


A forum for all things Cardiff City
Post a reply

Updated Hearts Defender On Way To Cardiff City?

Wed May 17, 2017 10:09 pm

Updated Hearts Defender On Way To Cardiff City?




I understand a Hearts defender was in Cardiff today for a medical before a move to City.

Not sure on the name, but around 23yrs old.

Re: Hearts Defender On Way To City?

Wed May 17, 2017 10:16 pm

Surely Callum Paterson, he was not in tonight's match day squad against St Johnstone !!

Re: Hearts Defender On Way To City?

Wed May 17, 2017 10:55 pm

Not doubting you in any way mate but how did you come across this bit of info?

Re: Hearts Defender On Way To City?

Wed May 17, 2017 11:03 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Not doubting you in any way mate but how did you come across this bit of info?


Doesn't really really matter what I say as some will have a pop either way, but I understand he's a Scottish capped player too which would link with the previous post about Paterson.

No reason for me to make it up.

Re: Hearts Defender On Way To City?

Wed May 17, 2017 11:18 pm

pauly_gee wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Not doubting you in any way mate but how did you come across this bit of info?


Doesn't really really matter what I say as some will have a pop either way, but I understand he's a Scottish capped player too which would link with the previous post about Paterson.

No reason for me to make it up.



Nobody is accusing you of making it up. He's just asking you how you know. It's a perfectly normal thing to ask.

Re: Hearts Defender On Way To City?

Wed May 17, 2017 11:30 pm

Thats exactly what I asked and I also added that I wasn't doubting your info, just how you came about it.

Re: Hearts Defender On Way To City?

Wed May 17, 2017 11:40 pm

Paterson hasn't played for the Jambos since December
A very bad injury.

The man has not recovered but one hell of a prospect before the injury.

A medical may be too soon? Unless we are going for the gamble. He should cost around £400,000 end of contract and not the millions that Hearts would have expected in Jan, before the injury he has just before Jan

Re: Hearts Defender On Way To City?

Thu May 18, 2017 1:24 pm

nubbsy wrote:
pauly_gee wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Not doubting you in any way mate but how did you come across this bit of info?


Doesn't really really matter what I say as some will have a pop either way, but I understand he's a Scottish capped player too which would link with the previous post about Paterson.

No reason for me to make it up.



Nobody is accusing you of making it up. He's just asking you how you know. It's a perfectly normal thing to ask.

He puts info out then gets touchy as soon as someone asks a perfectly reasonable question. :lol:

Just a tip fella, if you put out vague info you're going to get asked questions, don't get all defensive mun. :lol:

Re: Hearts Defender On Way To City?

Fri May 19, 2017 8:35 am

pauly_gee wrote:I understand a Hearts defender was in Cardiff today for a medical before a move to City.

Not sure on the name, but around 23yrs old.


Pauly, I was just text this


He's just signed the right back from Hearts

Re: Hearts Defender On Way To City?

Fri May 19, 2017 10:31 am

Forever Blue wrote:
pauly_gee wrote:I understand a Hearts defender was in Cardiff today for a medical before a move to City.

Not sure on the name, but around 23yrs old.


Pauly, I was just text this


He's just signed the right back from Hearts


Hi Annis was told this a few weeks back NW type of player if he has signed and gives us half of what Kevin M has be super signing.

Re: Updated Hearts Defender On Way To Cardiff City?

Fri May 19, 2017 11:01 am

He's currently recovering from a cruciate injury in December, which is why his move to West Ham fell through in January. Due back early next season.

Would be a good signing, and one we would have beat the likes of Derby to.

Re: Updated Hearts Defender On Way To Cardiff City?

Fri May 19, 2017 11:15 am

believe it when i see it, i dont see why we are going for a rb we got two and connelly can fill in there

Re: Updated Hearts Defender On Way To Cardiff City?

Fri May 19, 2017 11:20 am

Reza wrote:believe it when i see it, i dont see why we are going for a rb we got two and connelly can fill in there


He can play right across the back four!

Re: Updated Hearts Defender On Way To Cardiff City?

Fri May 19, 2017 11:28 am

Pulisnewport wrote:
Reza wrote:believe it when i see it, i dont see why we are going for a rb we got two and connelly can fill in there


He can play right across the back four!



his versatility is good but again do we not have that in connelly and peltier? ive read he is a good cb too so maybe a three at the back ?

Re: Updated Hearts Defender On Way To Cardiff City?

Fri May 19, 2017 11:43 am

Reza wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Reza wrote:believe it when i see it, i dont see why we are going for a rb we got two and connelly can fill in there


He can play right across the back four!



his versatility is good but again do we not have that in connelly and peltier? ive read he is a good cb too so maybe a three at the back ?
manga and\or morrison to move on is what it sounds like 2 me :thumbup:

Re: Updated Hearts Defender On Way To Cardiff City?

Fri May 19, 2017 12:12 pm

Reza wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Reza wrote:believe it when i see it, i dont see why we are going for a rb we got two and connelly can fill in there


He can play right across the back four!



his versatility is good but again do we not have that in connelly and peltier? ive read he is a good cb too so maybe a three at the back ?


Lots of permutations I guess!

If Manga goes? Both Peltier/Connolly not blessed with pace this fella is apparently.

Will take him a season to settle in Championship but won't cost us much to take a chance on him.

Re: Hearts Defender On Way To City?

Fri May 19, 2017 12:17 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pauly_gee wrote:I understand a Hearts defender was in Cardiff today for a medical before a move to City.

Not sure on the name, but around 23yrs old.


Pauly, I was just text this


He's just signed the right back from Hearts


Hi Annis was told this a few weeks back NW type of player if he has signed and gives us half of what Kevin M has be super signing.



Karl, a deal has def been done with a player this week and it will be announced on or around 1st June, I was told it was a Hearts player?

Re: Updated Hearts Defender On Way To Cardiff City?

Fri May 19, 2017 1:28 pm

tylorstown18891 wrote:
Reza wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Reza wrote:believe it when i see it, i dont see why we are going for a rb we got two and connelly can fill in there


He can play right across the back four!



his versatility is good but again do we not have that in connelly and peltier? ive read he is a good cb too so maybe a three at the back ?
manga and\or morrison to move on is what it sounds like 2 me :thumbup:



manga is def going ithink we will keep morrison, and i think he will remain captain,warnock likes him and tbh i think he gets a bit of a rough ride from city fans just cos hes not the quickest

Re: Updated Hearts Defender On Way To Cardiff City?

Fri May 19, 2017 4:51 pm

Reza wrote:
tylorstown18891 wrote:
Reza wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Reza wrote:believe it when i see it, i dont see why we are going for a rb we got two and connelly can fill in there


He can play right across the back four!



his versatility is good but again do we not have that in connelly and peltier? ive read he is a good cb too so maybe a three at the back ?
manga and\or morrison to move on is what it sounds like 2 me :thumbup:



manga is def going ithink we will keep morrison, and i think he will remain captain,warnock likes him and tbh i think he gets a bit of a rough ride from city fans just cos hes not the quickest



Yeah if manga goes it makes sense. Morrison isn't going anywhere unless someone makes a decent bid.

Re: Updated Hearts Defender On Way To Cardiff City?

Fri May 19, 2017 5:27 pm

Rumours are rife with Callum Paterson joining us having agreed terms to be unveilled next month.

Happy days :bluescarf:

Re: Hearts Defender On Way To City?

Fri May 19, 2017 9:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pauly_gee wrote:I understand a Hearts defender was in Cardiff today for a medical before a move to City.

Not sure on the name, but around 23yrs old.


Pauly, I was just text this


He's just signed the right back from Hearts



Yep, all was agreed earlier this week. Medical was done at Spire and terms nailed down. Just a matter of time for the announcement by all accounts

Re: Hearts Defender On Way To City?

Fri May 19, 2017 9:40 pm

pauly_gee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pauly_gee wrote:I understand a Hearts defender was in Cardiff today for a medical before a move to City.

Not sure on the name, but around 23yrs old.


Pauly, I was just text this


He's just signed the right back from Hearts



Yep, all was agreed earlier this week. Medical was done at Spire and terms nailed down. Just a matter of time for the announcement by all accounts

Hes highly rated hope he does sign

Re: Updated Hearts Defender On Way To Cardiff City?

Fri May 19, 2017 10:09 pm

Jazz richards is much better, this paterson just hoofs it up field at every opportunity.

Re: Updated Hearts Defender On Way To Cardiff City?

Fri May 19, 2017 10:56 pm

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2017/05/1 ... g-surgeon/

Re: Hearts Defender On Way To City?

Fri May 19, 2017 11:58 pm

pauly_gee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pauly_gee wrote:I understand a Hearts defender was in Cardiff today for a medical before a move to City.

Not sure on the name, but around 23yrs old.


Pauly, I was just text this


He's just signed the right back from Hearts



Yep, all was agreed earlier this week. Medical was done at Spire and terms nailed down. Just a matter of time for the announcement by all accounts




I have heard virtually similar :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Re: Updated Hearts Defender On Way To Cardiff City?

Sat May 20, 2017 12:21 am

Einstein wrote:http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2017/05/17/injured-scotland-hearts-star-callum-paterson-ready-step-recovery-positive-meeting-surgeon/

Lets hope we aint buying a crook

Re: Updated Hearts Defender On Way To Cardiff City?

Sat May 20, 2017 11:11 am

Dahboy wrote:Jazz richards is much better, this paterson just hoofs it up field at every opportunity.

That's Scottish Football mate, he's a solid versatile player and more than capable of adapting to NWs style of playing.

Re: Updated Hearts Defender On Way To Cardiff City?

Sat May 20, 2017 1:15 pm

Jock wrote:
Dahboy wrote:Jazz richards is much better, this paterson just hoofs it up field at every opportunity.

That's Scottish Football mate, he's a solid versatile player and more than capable of adapting to NWs style of playing.

He's only 22 as well so I imagine he'll only be a back up option, by the sounds of it he's quite versatile too which warnock likes :ayatollah:

Re: Updated Hearts Defender On Way To Cardiff City?

Sat May 20, 2017 6:00 pm

Sounds like West Ham were on the verge of signing him before he got injured so can't see him wanting to being a back up player.

Re: Updated Hearts Defender On Way To Cardiff City?

Sat May 20, 2017 6:05 pm

GotMeSingingTheBlues wrote:Sounds like West Ham were on the verge of signing him before he got injured so can't see him wanting to being a back up player.

Can't see him coming to Cardiff to sit on the bench.
Post a reply